The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Claymation Garbage Pail Kids Movie

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm a big fan of Doug Walker's Nostalgia Critic, the online foul-mouthed comedic personality that mocks bad movies. Through out interviews and lists he's made, he's been very clear on what is not only the worst movie he's ever reviewed, but the worst movie he's ever seen, period: The 1987 Garbage Pail Kids Movie. And having seen his review, you can see why.

So I found out a little while ago that they're actually making another garbage pail kids movie, this time with claymation. The very moment I heard that I thought it'd be doomed, but then I also heard who was making it: PES.

Who is PES? He's a claymation artist on youtube who's recently been getting award after award for his unique and charming claymation shorts.
His latest claymation video--Fresh Guacamole-- was actually nominated for an Academy Award for Best Animated Short, the shortest film in history to ever be nominated for an Oscar.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I feel that if any claymation artist could pull this movie off, it's PES, and I'd LOVE to see his signature style being put to use in a feature length film, but will he be able to save the movie from it's own 1987 reputation? What are your thoughts?