The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5636 · 340376

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Rogan blinked. "Is that so," he said, grinning. He cupped the reciever for a moment.
"G, we got a lead." The sharp features of G's face lit up. "That's fantastic!"
"You're telling me," Rogan said as he went back to the phone. "Uh... can we arrange a meet up, Mr. Stripetail? There's a lot we need to talk about."
There was a pause.
"And, uh, do you have any morphine on you by chance?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
certainly we can meet' Stripetail said. in fact i can bring you here, through magic. if you wish. then we can meet face to face' Stripetail said
_ so you wre a bit of a brat growing up" Li ella said ' so was Laval here" She teased.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Stripetail's radio crackled. "Stripetail, this is Lt. Martin, I believe I found the Wendigo. I will be sending live footage and coordinates to you immediately."

The PDA Stripetail had been given soon showed all the information that Lt. Martin was getting.

------------------------

One of the miners approached Spike. "Spike, I just got word that we're getting some assistance from the starship to explore this location."

Another miner examined what looked like an armored treasure chest.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Do you want to contact your boy again soon?" Kitty asked Arlene as they watched the open ceremony of the tournament come to a close.

"Let's do this," Jing King told her allies who were in the competition.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
“I don’t get why you have to stop to collect every seashell you come across,” Junior said irritably as Diddy sat down next to him with a bundle full of sea shells he had found on the beach. “In fact, I don’t get why anyone cares about stupid little useless things that come in by the tuckload every time the tide turns.”
“That’s because you’re hopelessly stupid,” Diddy said matter-of-factly.
Usso winced a little at this, which Junior noticed. At first he opened his mouth preparing to explain to him that he and Diddy loved trading barbs and every insult they made was in good fun, but then this turned into an evil little smirk.
“Better than having a family full of inbred island slackers,” Junior saidóthe key word having been ëfamily’. He knew that’d set Diddy up for:
“Family? You’re the kid with a muscle-head dictator father, no mother, and seven vassals you call ësibilings’ and you bring up my family? Pathetic,” Diddy said in a bitting tone, although there was a hint of a smile on his face while he said this. “At least my family isn’t hated by everyone.”
Junior caught the keywordóeveryoneóand jumped on it. “Diddyóthey feel sorry for you,” Junior corrected, wagging his finger. “With all the tooth decay and lack of toilets, people go out of their way not to try to think about you too much to begin with. Well, that and all kongs are hideously uglyóespecially you.”
“Ugly? Have you everó“
“Look, please don’t fight right now,” Usso pleaded, growing more and more upset with each exchange. Diddy looked immediately apologetic but Junior actually snickered. Diddy bared his teeth. “The hell was that funny, moron?”
“Cause it just is,” Junior said with an evil smirk as he twiddle his claw into his teeth. “Kind of like how your parents left you.”
Diddy just folded his arms and turned his attention away from himóthe ultimate punishment for an attention hogging little prince like him.
“We do this all the time,” Diddy said with a smile to a confused looking Usso.
“You… insult each other all the time?” Usso queried, perplexed. Diddy’s long monkey tail wagged a bit, as if it were a fly whisk trying to dispel all the awkwardness of the situation by flicking it away. “Yep. It started out just as practicing our insults so we could seem like we hated each other in public. Then it kind of became a game, y’know? Kind of a contest to see who can be the cleverest. We love itóI win half the time, and I pretend to let Junior win half the time.”
Diddy was suddenly flung forward as he tackled from behind by the koopa, who was growling loudly. Usso jumped back in panic, sending beach sand flying everywhere as Diddy writhed while the koopa bit him. He was about to shout for them stop until he himself thought to what Diddy had just finished telling him, and took a closer look.
Diddy was writhing because the koopa was tickling him, and the bites he was giving were barely enough to give him a hickey.
“Q-quit it, you big stupid lizard!”
“Nuh-huh. Not until you take it back,” Junior teased, biting him on the neck a little as Diddy playfully whacked him with his tail to signal him to stop embarrassing him in front of Usso. The damn kid knew all of the most tickleish spots on his body.
“Say it.”
“No!”
“Say it, Didds.”
“I said, no!”
Say it!” Junior commanded just as Diddy suddenly reversed course and pinned the koopa to the ground in a deft wrestling maneuver, grinning at the look of shock and a prominent blush on the prince’s face. Diddy’s tail was wagging happily.
“Alright, I take it back. I just let you win at wrestling half the time,” Diddy said cheekily, and then gave his pinned boyfriend a kiss on his glowing red cheek, which sent the koopa into a giggle fit. Usso laughed a little too as the waves continued to wash onto the artificial beach.
----

Rogan looked to G-- who had hearing so sharp he would have been shocked if he hadn't heard what Stripetail had just said-- who indeed gave him a shrug in a 'why not' kind of gesture. The agent then turned back to his phone and said. "Uh... sure, if you can," he said. And here he thought the strangest part of his day today had already ended.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thank you Lt Martin. yes that is the Wendigo. i'm meeting in a few minutes wit the two gentlemen who fought with the wendigo at the stadium, apparently he was  making a trade of an illegal chemical agent. they want to know who was buying the agent from him. Keep watching him Lt Martin. I'll be in touch. stripetail said.  he heard the agents accept him offer and broke off the call ' teleportius ' he gestured and   in a flash both agents were seated before him. "Tea? he offered pulling a tea kettle out of thin air.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Rogan looked around wildly at the new location while G remained calm and resolute, and almost immediately said: "Yes, please. Dragonwell, if you have it."
"Uh, sure, that," Rogan said, wincing at the pain of whipping his neck around like he just did.
"Uh... where are we right now?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Gentlemen, welcome to Spire of Winter, my ship' Striptail said pouring out 3 cups of Dragonwell tea.. ' That Wendigo you fought was a mid-level Wendiigo, and we are closing in, on his location, i'm having my plane allies scour Mawashi for him.' Stripetail said. now, this agent you say he was selling? What could it do if applied to a living creature?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
G accepted the Tea while Rogan scratched his head. "Hmm. Nice place," he said, not sure what else to say. Maybe he was still back in his hospital bed and this was all one big morphine dream.
"Uh... well, I wouldn't know a mid-level wendigo from any kind," Rogan said as he watched G down the tea with ease. "Its nice that you have him cornered and all, but I'm not sure how you're planning on taking him down. Our bullets are custom made to stop regeneration, after all. But... yeah, the formula. G?"
G had already finished his cup of tea and started pouring himself another one.
"Yes. Well... there's a long history to that formula Defago just sold," G said in his calm, airy voice. "For the sake of time all you need to know is this: that formula is actually a mixture of chemicals, genetic recombinants, and synthetic microbes." He paused to take a sip. Rogan was still looking around all over the place, ignoring the pain in his neck. The ship looked huge.
"It is both a mutagen and a lazarus vector," G continued. "When applied to a living host it will mutate them horribly, drastically increasing their strength and durability but also effectively turning them into rabid animals. When applied to the dead-- as long as there's still some muscle left on the carcas-- they'll begin to move and act as if they were alive again."
"And that's anything dead," Rogan cut in. "Bats, leeches, monkeys, spiders, frogs-- there's almost no limit."
G nodded. "There are multiple sub-types of this formula that were created, and the one that was just sold was especially potent-- very, very little of it is needed for it to be effective." G put down his second tea cup and started pouring himself a third.
"And there's one more thing," G said just before taking a sip. "As I said, there are a genetic recombinants in that formulae-- in small amounts they mostly act as enzymes, but if enough of the formula is made a certain creature can be foremed from the genetic recombinants. Something very powerful and very dangerous."
Rogan nodded as he clasped his hands together. "I'm sure it doesn't surprise you to hear that a formulae like can and has been used to create outbreaks of zombies and mutants. Our job is to find that formula before an outbreak occurs and a lot of innocent people get killed."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Captain Carson entered the tavern. "Stripetail," she said as she took a seat near the group. "I have done all calculations and plotted our direction to Weyard." She then noticed the two men next to Stripetail.

"New allies, I presume." She requested some black tea from the bartender.

---------------

"I hope Chong doesn't get word of this," Lt. Martin muttered. It was then her fuel light went on. She radioed for the nearest plane to take her place.

"Stripetail," she radioed. "I'm running low on fuel. Captain Fairchild will he taking my place but it'll take him half an hour to arrive. I'll keep him in my camera as long as I can but there might be a gap in footage."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Unfortunately I know quite a few creatures who would use something like that' stripetail said solemnly. " some of them would even enjoy causing mortals pain.living, or dead." as for how to take a wendigo down ' a magical orb appeared in his paw. ' magic is the only way to kill them. to separate the creature within from his host. its not easy, and for the wendigo, is obviously a very agonizing way to go. like having your soul ripped out of you." stripetail said, 'how long have your been tracking this formula and Mr Defago, if I may ask?' he turned to carson and nodded.' Thank you captain, once we get the supplies we need for ozai, we'll head there.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"We've been searching for this formula for about a month," Rogan said solemly, giving a slight not to Captain Carson before barreling on. "It was made on earth. We tried to neutralize it before it left the planet, but we failed. We were at least able to trace it though. Lead us here."
G finally finished his last cup and put it down. "We received an anonymous tip to check the Mawashi stadium. That's where we ran into Defago-- mostly by accident. A twist of fate lead us into a VIP booth and... we were able to guess what he was."
"The AMS would consider Defago a threat on par with the missing formula. A creature that can create soil that resurrects anything that's buried in it, or create cannibals by touching them would make him a hazard even if he wasn't able to turn into that giant ice creature." He raised a finger.
"That said-- we've never heard of Defago before today. He's not in the AMS database. If he's gone this long without causing any trouble, then I'd be much more worried about stopping that formula than stopping him."
G nodded. "The best we can hope for is that we can extract some information from Defago after we meet him."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thin the important info is who might be the buyer. because defago was just he middkeman so to speak' stripetail said. what does AMS stand for, if I may ask?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Do you know what I've genuinely wanted to see?" Eric leaned in forward, eyes twinkling in excitement and his tone grew hushed and conspiratorial. "The Spire of Winter. I've heard it's around here, do you have an in? I've heard it's one of the most magnificent ships in the world!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we havent seen it no. but i suppose we could help you look for it' Laval said. we don;t know anyone on that ship, at least personally.' he got up from his seat and tossed enough money on he table to pay for the meals.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Do you need any help subduing him?" Rogan asked, ignoring the throbbing pain in his head as well as Stripetail's question as G gave him a side eyed look. He himself was having a very difficult time keeping his composure.
"From either of us?" G asked, as he glanced over to Captain Carson as if he were worried they'd see how weak they both were at the moment.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Sounds like an adventure!" exclaimed Eric excitedly. "Our new goal, as friends; to reach the Spire of Winter!"

He put his hand in the center of the table, hoping to inspire a camaraderie-filled team hand stack.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can handle defago magically ' stripetail said calmly ' hopefully it wont come to a show of magical fireworks.' he turmed to cArson ' this is Captain Carson, she is the pilot of the spire of winter. Captain, This is rogan And Thats G,. these gentlemen had a runin wot the Wendigo we aere currently tracking. Why they are tracking him, well i'll let them explain that part. " stripetail said." he paused as he scanned the pairs faces, it was clear that they wer not nearly recuprated fully from their battle with Defago.' '  add some of those herbs to the tea.' he said gently motioning to a pile of blue leaves on the table ' am I right in surmising that your hospital stay was... cut short?" He said taking a sip of his tea.
_ Eris Laval and liella did did not stack theor claws on top of erics hand. ' come on, lets go ask arund and see if he cant find the ship "Eris saod.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Captain Carson shook their hands. "Pleasure to meet you two. I welcome you aboard the RIMCS Spire of Winter."

---------------

Ms. Swimmer got out of the hot spring she had been soaking in. She laid down on a massage table as hot rocks were placed on her back.

She turned to Dixie, who was on the table next to her. "Well Dixie, how are you doing with the tournaments?"

A rather large Ostrich walked by them, his long legs quickly carrying him through the steamy forested area.

-------------

Mr. Bigmouth parked the sled in the mining outposts sealed and cooled garage. He shut off the engine and disembarked, taking off his helmet in the process.

"Well, we're here."

Deimos went up to the intercom on the wall. "Spike! Stripetail sent me, Bigmouth, Nick and Nani to give you guys a hand!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we qualified at least dixie said '  we have to win 4 matches to advance, so far i've won 1, and lost one. hoe about you?' she asked the rocks were put on her back, and tigress brought her something to drink.
- kopa meanwhile was in the middle of his third match, against a bison. he had won his first match in a minute, and the second in 30 seconds. kovu had breezed through his first two as well, winning in 35 and 25 seconds respectively. he was currently dealing with an ostrich, who weighed 600 pounds and unlike the ostriches on Earthh had a massive neck.
 both kiara and vitani were winless  in their first few matches, they had come up against strong opponents who had dispatched them within seconds. vushu had qualified for the next found on her side of the bracket, and was enjoying watching the earth queens efforts, while they were better now than when they had first started, they were likely not going to advance.
 the panda king stepped out of the ring, his arms raised in triumph,  his left paw clutching a medallion which signified advancement.
 scooby was currently in his second match, having lost his first against a rhino.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: