The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5636 · 333120

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Junior and Diddy put on their most polite faces and obeyed the wizard. Well, Diddy did at least. Junior didn’t hide his annoyance, as usual. Diddy loved the guy, but god, he was such a spoiled brat.
Then again, maybe he was just annoyed because the old wizard was about to find out something he had done, which Stripetail was good at doing.
The duo sat on the wooden table as Diddy took a sip of the liquid Mr. Bigmouth had served them.
“What’s up, Mr. Stripetail?” Diddy asked.
Junior tilted his head and looked down at the wizard’s wrist. “Who were you talkin’ too?”
-----
“Prague, huh? I’ve been to ol’ Europe a few times, but nerey’ did go to see the Bohemian city. Always wanted too, though! I’ve read about it plenty!” the man in the metal mask laughed. The teenager sitting next to him gave an understanding nod as a butterfly flew by. The park was beautiful at this time of day, holograms or not.
“Well… it’s not much to look at on my world anymore, but it’s still the city that always on my mind,” the teenager said lightly. He had soft, quiet voice. The man in metal mask had seen his fair share of people, and that voice caught his attention immediatelyóit was the same voice he heard the Buddhist monks use in asia. Someone who had thought long and hard about the ways of the world.
“Most of the old land marks are destroyed, but a couple of old relics are still there. The old Jan éiûka statue is still there, funnily enough.”
“Sorry to say I haven’t heard of him. Outside of my travels, my history ain’t too good.” the man admitted as he watched a couple of young ones in the park play hide and seek. “All I know is that it’s beautiful an’ has some o’ that ripe Czech lager I keep hearing about, and that’s good enough to get my interest!” He chuckled a bit, and looked back at the boy. He seemed to be looking at his watch. “I ain’t keeping you here, am I?”
“A little,” the young man, Usso Evin, said. “But it’s not over anything urgent. It’s not often I meet someone who recognizes the League Militaire symbol, mister…?”
“You can call me Joseph,” the man in the metal mask said. “An’ it’s always a pleasure to meet a respected young man like yerself, Monsieur Evin. I’ve ëeard of the league and its work from folks around the 'Spire'. I have a thing for military men."
He leaned in closer to Usso. "Specially' ones that were in war much too young."
Usso felt a pang in his chest, and he lowered his gaze. "... Did you serve?" the boy asked.
"Quebec special division," the man said. "Never seen nothin' as bad as what you did, but I saw saw plenty bad as it was. Nuff to give me uneasy sleep for the rest o' my days."
Usso licked his lips. "I wish I could say I didn't feel the same... It's funny. I don't meet too many warriors around here who feel that way about war."
Joseph shrugged. "Well, not everyone can enjoy war, boss. But I wouldn't hold it too 'em-- it's always hell, but it's a different hell for each of us. An' jus' cause they ain't as troubled don't mean they have their own wounds they tend too, you know. Still... it's nice to see that some of the rumors I hear from the warriors around here are true.”
Usso tilted his head. “Rumors?”
“That you’re e’ery bit the gentleman people say ya are!” the man laughed heartily in his mask. Usso knew better than to ask why he was wearing such a device after meeting Joshua Graham. Still, if the man was trying to hide his appearance, Usso wasn’t sure why he felt the need to wear such heavy winter clothing.
“That’s kind of you to say,” Usso said with a blush. “It’s always nice getting to know the people on the ship. There are so manyóI feel like I haven’t even met half of them yet.”
The metal mask tipped a bit, as if conceding a nod. “Me neither. Sayówhat AM I keeping ya from, by the way, boss?”
“Ah, I’m meeting some friends at the tavern,” Usso said breezily. “Bowser Junior and Diddy Kong. Heard of them?”
“Don’t believe I have,” Joseph said. Suddenly, the man bounced off the bench and onto his feet. Usso heard a strange sloshing sound as it happened. “Well, I better not keep ya, then! Hope to see you around, Usso!”
“Hope so!” Usso said with a smile and got off the park bench. He was about to run to his destination, but the good mood he was in caused him to take his time. He wasn’t that late, and besidesóthe two troublemakers definitely owed him a little slack, if nothing else.
As the boy made his way to the tavern, the man in the metal mask followed from a distance behind, taking care not to be seen.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You boys should know you're not old enough to drink adult beverages" stripetail said. " Be more careful in the future. as for who i was talking to, Junior, a member of my team, about team business. that should suffice for you." stripetail gestured and created plates of food for the pair " Please dig in. I'll wager you boys are hungry. In the meantime, its payday for our friend Usso, I agreed to monthly checks with him."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Understood Bigmouth " don't let us keep you " stripetail said. as he watched Bigmouth leave.
-
 sima finished pushed both Kiara And KOvu off of her and took a series of deep breaths ' you are quite intense when you comes to loving, Sire' She said to Kovu. " thats how i Roll babby " He grinned, then pointed to the table which was covered in food.' pick out whatever you want to east' I'm sure you're hungry.
_
 dixie and Scooby  went for a walk on the beach alongside spyro-W and Cynder-W. Young Spyro and Cynder-s had decided to nap in their room.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You've just gotten a taste, Sima," Kiara smirked, "Kovu here can make love like a god," she purred, nuzzling her face against Kovu's mane and purring immensely. She then looked at the food Kovu had in the room for the three of them, "You knew just my favorite meats," she said happily, taking a plate and putting food on.

"Can't catch me," Oliver smiled as he ran ahead in front of the other kids, avoiding being re-tagged anytime soon. Arlene's son could run very fast so he liked to play games that required lots and lots of moving.

"Well, that and we had to escape from planet Clockwerk, where some of our friends have been captured," Carmelita explained.

"We're very lucky to have avoided capture, right father?" Jing asked the Panda King as they went over to Arlene as well.

"And where's Bentley?" Carmelita asked her boyfriend.

Bentley was in the Winterville library, he was making Dimitri be his experimental test subject since Murray was one of the captives.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Probably studying somewhere. guy always has his nose in a book' sly shrugged.' How ekse do yiu think he became so smart?"
_ clorkewerk, huh? sounds like a nasty place' arlene said. Glad I don't libve there. Now Excuse me but i need to go get some stuff for Oliver and his friends."
_ Kopa  and Vitani took Vushu to the local spa, and the trio enjoyed  a nice relaxing soak in a bubble bath. kopa used it to wash out his mane While Vushu and vitani tried different bath salts which turned the water different colors.
_
 sima Climbed on to the bed, a small plate of food beside her and rested.
- Korin Found Sara And gave her a big Hug. Samia and dulcy were asleep in thier room.
_ Eris was racing  Li'ella across town."Loser has to kiss Laval on the lips ' Li'ella smirked" And pay for dinner tonight."  You call that a challenge? eris smirked "  See you at the beach " She said puling ahead of Li'ella.
_
 Mona Tagged Flash, and the 4 of them went to the beach for the rest round. Flash had to wait 30 seconds this time..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Oh Kovu....." Kiara smiled in pure bliss, "After all the hectic stuff that's happened over the last weeks and more, it's nice to have moments liken this." The queen proceeded to take a small bite od zebra, one of her favorites. "To just sit back, relax, be together in our love at peace," she said soothingly, "And you're the one I love most of all, but you don't need me to tell you that, do you?"

Oliver was running faster then the other kids once again. "I'm really good at this game," he said proudly, "School taught me how to be fast on my paws." Indeed, Oliver had learned from his cat gym class.

"You take care of your son," Carmelita nodded to Arlene. Truthfully, Carmelita wanted to have children of her own one day.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Diddy couldn’t help but smirk as the koopaling folded his arms in a sulk, but he quickly beat it down. After all, it was his fault they were here.
“It was my idea to come here, Mr. Stripetail,” Diddy Kong said sheepishly, rubbing the rim of the sunvisor on his baseball cap. “It’s kinda of our anniversaryówell, half year anniversaryóand I wanted to do something reckless like Jay here always does. I thought sneaking in some alcohol would have been pretty hardcore. Dumb, I know…”
Junior sighed as he leaned back in his chair. “Moron. If you had waited like three seconds I was about to take the blame. Not like I’m not used to it. It’s also not like I tried to stop you or anything, I was on board with it. So…”
He shrugged. He felt far more guilty for allowing Diddy to get in trouble more than actually trying to sneak drinks, and he wasn’t hiding the fact. Diddy gave a bemused smile. “You can’t lie to Stripetail, dude. You know that.” The koopa twitched a cheek, which turned into a grin.
“I think he would have let me, just this once,” Junior said as he leaned in to give the kong a noogie. “You know, as an anniversary gift.”
Then Usso’s name came up, and the two straightened up in their seats a little.
“Oh yeah, it has been a week, hasn’t it? Half a mil…” Diddy whistled. “Geeze…” Junior looked excited at first, then seemed to quash his look and replace it with an aloof jutted chin.
“Yeah, for sitting on his ass,” Junior said as he picked at his teeth with a claw. “A sinecure, that’s what he has. Starting to think that whatchamacallit he keeps being ominous about is make believe. I mean, have you seen it, Stripetail?”
“Oh, ignore himóhe’s hoping you’ll give us information about it,” Diddy said to the wizard as he waved his hand dismissively. “Anyway, that’s great! Usso’ll be really excited about that. We actually invited him over to the tavern, so if you stick around a little you should be able to give it to him.” Junior frowned at little. “Where is he, anyway?” he said, speaking seriously for once. “He was supposed to be here awhile ago. Dude’s rarely late for things. What if he’s having one of his ëNam flashbacks or whatever?”
Diddy winced a little. Usso had once had a nervous breakdown in front of them before, so it wasn’t an unwarranted fear. Still, Diddy had a bit more faith. “I think he’s fine… But, maybe we should go look for him if he’s not here in fifteen minutes.”
----------------
Defago caught a familiar scent in the air as he followed the boy to the Winterville tavern. It was faint, and he had only ever experienced it once before, but to his wild, enhanced sense of smell it was unmistakable. It was the wizard Stripetail, the squirrel who had invited him on this ship. As he saw the boy Usso walk into the tavern, he caught a glimpse of the wizard through the window. He thought back to that day, on Mawashii…

~~~~~~~~~~
Night fell on the tiny little impoverished shack, and it’s newly wealthy inhabitants all went to bed. Before they did, Defago caught Lucy Jones coming into the living room where he was to sleep for the night, and held something out in her hand.
“I want you to have this, Mr. Defago,” she said gently. It was a simple silver ring with no gems or ornamentations. “It used to be my prized possession. You know why?”
“Why’s that?” Defago asked. She smiled and put the ring in his gloved hand to examine.
“It used to be all my family could afford for my birthday. But that’s not true anymoreómama says with this money, we can get a real life with fancy stuff. I know it’s not much, but I wanted you to have it to remember me by!”
Defago looked at the ring for a moment, examining it’s cheapness, it’s plainness, and the great polish and daily care that clearly went into it to make it glisten without tarnish like it did in such low light. Then he opened an arm up and hugged the girl. She hugged him back.
“I’ll take real good care of it,” he said honestly. “I promise you.”
“I know you will,” Lucy said sweetly before she smothered a yawn. “Maybe one day me and my family can come and see one of your plays!”
“Yes,” Defago said with a nod and a stab of guilt. “I’d love that. Now you better get yourself to bed, alright? Startin’ a new life is hard work. Yer gonna need your rest.”
The girl nodded with a smile. Defago had lived long enough to know she’d grow up to be quite lovely, just by that smile alone. He gave her one more huge before she walked to her tiny bedroom. “Good night, Defago,” she said through a tired yawn.
Defago smiled, knowing this was probably the last he’d ever see of the little girl ever again.
“Goodnight, Lucy. Fais de beaux r’ves.”

It was about midnight, when he was sure the family was fully asleep, that he walked out away from the rickety house to just the right distance away. That was to say, far enough away that the family wasn't in danger, but close enough that nothing would be able to get inside without him knowing about it. He took off the cloth covering his face and tucked it into his pocket along with Lucy’s ring. He let la b’te maudite have a tiny bit of controlójust enough to alter his appearance a bit and increase his size. The grass below him immediately died and wilted, and animals from several miles around reared their head up in alarm at the presence that had suddenly materialized in their forest.
ëWhatever fils de pute is leaving his presence in the air right now, he better know what’s waitin’ for him here.’ He grinned with large, sharp teeth. ëOtherwise he’s gonna be reaaal surprised what he finds runnin’ at him in the dark.’
Then he sat, cross legged, on the ground, and pulled out his old whittling knife to pass the time. He didn’t have to wait long.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He'll be here I'm sure of it. and boys a better thing to do for a special occasion like this is well just about anything other than trying to sneak drinks at a bar. Go to a movie together. Take in a sporting event of whatever you like. Heck stay in and order pizza. Divines preserve you, just about ANYTHING would suffice' stripetail sighed. " Theres a fine line between recklessness and stupidity, you two, make sure not to cross it.  Since this is a special occasion for you , i'll throw in desert and get you two tickets to a movie.. you pick , I pay' Stripetail pulled a movie listing out of mid air and gave it to Diddy " Pick out a movie boys, and what showing you want to go too. any one, just pick it."
_
 Flashback)
 A bright ball of flame appeared illuminating Defago's form and surroundings, the flame, originally yellow began to change color,  running through the rainbow and secondary colors before finally settling on a bright pink. Out of the flame a hooded figure stepped out. in his right paw he clenched a sturdy staff, but it was the eyes of the newcomer that caught the Wendigo's attention.  For a few seconds the newcomer stared at him before pulling back his hood,  revealing the whiskers of an aged looking squirrell. but the voice that emanated from the squirrel showed that appearances were deceiving. " Good Evening, Mister Defago. Or would you prefer Monsieur? Which means " My Lord' actually, originally was a title given to the eldest brother of a king. But in more modern parlance, it simply refers to an ordinary common  man.  I am a Lord, so Monsieur would apply to me, if we are being formal. This is our first meeting after all, the formalities must be observed. Lord Stripetail at your service' Stripetail gave a curt nod in Defago's direction."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Are you sure this is safe, home spice?" Dimitri asked Bentley in his outdated slang. He never really took the time to learn modern lingo.

"Oh it's safe," Bentley assured confidently, "I did all the necessary calculations and all the measurements have been done to a t. Don't worry my reptilian friend." The turtle who now had fully regained control over his body was still his usual genius self.

"Hi, I'm Oliver," Other Oliver said to regular Oliver.

"What a coincidence," Oliver smiled, seeing another cat with his same name. "Oliver's my name too. It looks like you met my mom back there."

"I have," Other Oliver nodded. They kept running from the wolves they were playing tag with.

"We have a room to ourselves now," Shoukichi smiled to Kiyo. They could hear he sounds of Kitty playing with Tiger's flab. "It's big enough to have a bed that fits our big bellies," the male tanuki smiled.

"Kovu dear, I think you should tell Sina about our son, since she'll be part of his family soon," Kiara suggested.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Ms. Swimmer, Deimos and Dr. Zanasiu entered Winterville Tavern. They took a seat near Stripetail and waited for the server to arrive.

Deimos had on a bandolier with his radio along with his pistol and spare magazine. Ms. Swimmer had a similar bandolier with her radio in it along with her twin fighting sticks holstered at her waist.

--------------------

Mr. Bigmouth stopped temporarily in one of the access hallways to put on his spacesuit. He dimmed the visor and entered through the automatically sealed door that recognized his crew ID.

He could see several armored crewmembers trying to put out the fire. A puddle of what looked to be water spread out from a broken hose attached to one of the greenhouses. The "water" was crowned with shimmering green flames.

"Status report!" he barked over radio.

"We've managed to stop the leakage of hydrogen but we cannot extinguish the fire!"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not yet dear..' Kovu said as he began munching on some food- to rebuild his stores of energy. 'All In good time My love,. but for now. i'm got an empty stomach to fill. Sima had finished her plate and was now asleep..
_
Flash managed to get other Oliver. and took some deep breathes ' You guys are fast " she said." say, you guys wanna take a break and make some sand castles? Best one gets an extra treat at the end?"
_
 i could use a short break Mona said. last round will be in town, where you can huide anywhere' she Said as Dixie and spyro came walking along along with their partners ' Aunt Dixie! Uncle spyro! Flash Said Running up to Them ' We're having an Sand Castle contest, and we need people to judge it! Could you please?'
_ sure Flash ' spyro said taking a seat. We'll be glad to help.. Dixie used her ring to create shovels and buckets for the kids. ' ok kids you get 30 minutes to build
 the castle. rule 1, no trying to knock down any of the sand castles. Cynder  let forth a flurry of smoke which formed into numbers.
_
 Kiyo Let forth a contented sigh " shou, my dear, this is a wonderful soft bed ' we could hang our ozai poster over there, and make this a nice temporary home.
-
 Kitty, had her face buried in Tigers gut, getting a full whiff of his stomach ' I can tell you had tacos for lunch ' she smirked ' you put hot sauce on them. Dear, don't ever become a bean pole like Arlene. love the girl, but shes so damn skinny. a stiff breeze would knock her over. but you, my  big bouncy teddy-cat of the law, are perfect just the way you are.. well may you could add a bit more to your gut ' she smirked.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Great idea dear," Shoukichi complimented, kissing Kiyo, "That way, every day when we wake up the first thing we will see is our great and almighty king, Ozai." He used proper poster tape to get the poster strung proudly on the wall.

"You know I like to eat a lot," Tiger chuckled, the laughs making his belly shake, which Kitty found to be such a soothing sensation.

"Drink this concoction," Bentley said to Dimitri. "It's a formula designed to enhance your senses of smell, taste, and hearing. That way, you could tell when a guard is a mile away from you!"

"This looks like red wine, that's uber amazing," the literal lounge lizard replied, gulping down the potion that the brains of the Cooper Gang had prepared.

"Yay, I like to build things," Oliver smiled proudly, as he began to work on his sand castle.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
“I wanna go to the horror movie,” Junior said immediately, to Diddy’s surprise.
“Really? But you always freak out at horror movies, even the PG 13 ones.”
“Do not!” Junior said dismissively, “Besides, I’ve heard a lot of good things about this one.”
“I’ve heard it’s just a bunch of gore and ass.”
“Exactly.”
Diddy regarded this answer quietly for a moment, then turned to Stripetail with a smile. “Two for the horror movie, please. You’re the best, Stripetail!”

~~~~~~~~
Defago stroked his beard with his long claws. His face hadn’t contorted completely- he could still pass the world’s most horrific looking human being. That would change if he gave la b’te maudite a little more control, as he had planned to do as soon as the intruder showed themselves.
“… Right... So what can I do you for, monsieur… Stripetail, was it? I feel introducing myself would be a bit pointless, eh?”
He exhaled softly, and his breath was extremely visible in the warm night, made easier by the faint light emitting from his eyes. He regarded the squirrel distantly, quietly regarding his strange appearance and even stranger entrance. There was quite an emanation coming off of his body, yes sir. Quite an emanation indeed. It definitely explained how his presence entered the area before his body did.
The old canuck folded his whittling knife and put it in his pocket, and out of another pocket on his coat he produced a bag of tobacco and tossed some in his fanged mouth.
“I hope you’re not with the AMS? Not Mawashii security? It’s funnyóI don’t normally get so many people riled up in one place, but I sure did here. Maybe you’re from some third party ol’ Defago’s made bitter? If that's the case, I must've made 'em real mad if they sent someone with an aura like yours." He chewed noisily on the tobacco for a moment, savoring it.
"But even so," he said through a mouthful of blackened leaves, "If that IS what yer here for, I'm gonna suggest that you find an easier hit to get yer money from, monsieur. Just between us, right?" He gave a laugh. "And if it isn't... well..." he shrugged.
"Why ARE ya here?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we'll bow to it at the proper times. we may not be on the planet, but we must follow our native customs ' Kiyo nodded. ' be sure to bring out the offering plates too shou. and the Ozai Radio, we'll see if they can get any station out here.
-
In the Wood park area a few mawashiians were sumoing in order to stay in proper shape. in addition. carts carrying food.in mawashii portions came to and fro.
_
 Tigress took Luca shopping alongside Tiger. Tiger stopped at a store that sold  teeth sharpener, While Luca and Tigeress decided to buy some things for their daughters, in particular Mona..' tigress gave Luca money and told her to grab whatever she liked.." Luca grabbed a Ozai Clock, that had the eyes glow upon the hour, bookshelf holders, a pad of drawing paper and pencils, and some toys for the pup to play with,. including a paddle ball. Tigeress got Flash a " how to Draw Ozai' Watercolor book, and a nightlight. Luca got makeup, and shampoo for herself. s well as a  mirror, and a  'magical mothering ' book from the book section.
-
 Gabuna finished eating her manicotti, and pushed in her plate ' I dont know about you guys, But I'm stuffed !' She said  belching slightly." you weren't kidding about this food being real good " Agumon said grabbing his stomach ' I couldn't eat any more if you paid me."" lets go walk off some of this food ' Gabumon said " Agumon tossed some gold on the table and slowly got to his feet." say Gabumon, why don;t we take the girls to a movie together? I'll let you and Gabuna pick" agumon Offered "After we just ate  all this food? Agumina said." you had a salad, it cant be THAT filing ' Agumon said " the salad was huge.' Agumina said.' Mawashii portions remember?"
_ I'd love to see a movie' Gabuna beamed." just  get some drinks, to wash down our dinner.. ' When do you want to see Stripetail ? Agumina said " tomorrow, I think' Gabuna Said " I'm nervous about this actually.. I mean I'm really raw when it comes to my powers..
_
 Flash has given a Ozai shaped bucket and  shovel, and began  building a replica of Ozai's palace from a postcard she had brought with her. Mona was building something that looked like a traditional castle.. ' Better pick it up Oliver' flash teased I'm almost done! there were 19 minutes left. " if you like him so much Flash why not give him a big kiss on the lips ' Mona smirked as Flash's face turned red then green. " ew! like you said earlier, guys have cooties.. although he is cute" Flash blushed.

Now Now kids, No teasing " Dixie said a smile on her face all the same." boys do not have cooties girls, there's no such thing..' Yes there is Aunt Dixie.. cooties are these bug like creatures who live in Monster World' flash replied..' But Oliver doesn't have any  of those things on him " Dixie said ' anyway, finish your castles.. times ticking..
_
 Kovu called Kopa on the Phone " Hey Bro.. wanna  go stuff ourselves with food? Kovu smirked ' Actually having a nice soak and scrub here with Vushu and Vitani- the  watermelon suds are real good.. even smells like them too" kopa said. maybe in a bit once i'm done here. i'll let you pick the food, you uusually are good at that ' Kopa said.
- angel and Stitch wee accompanying Nani and lilo on a picnic. stitch was wolfing down a big sandwich..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
_ a horror movie? Stripetail said with a quizzical look, and looked at the two boys' eager faces ' Very well " Stripetail pulled  money from his pocket and gave it to Diddy." There should be enough there for you to get all the snacks you like, and enough , if you stretch it, to a second film of your choosing. i believe tonight a double matinee" He said. " have fun boys." he smiled
(Flashback)

I'm here to find out who you sold that shipment of mutagen to' Stripetail said in a calm voice. " I'm not with AMS or Mawashii security , or any other group you've had run-ins with in the past, Mr Defago. I did sample your handiwork at the stadium,  however, when you had that.. little tussle with those AMS agents.. fortunately for them, you didn't power up to a higher level..  and they are also extremely fortunate  that I  happened on them when I did .. only a handful are known to have survived encounters with an Wendigo, usually the first encounter.. is also the last and final.  You are quite a powerful being , Mr Defago.. when you let La Bete Maudite have free reign. ' Stripetail said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
“Sweet!” Junior declared as he accepted the money and flipped through it. “Awesome! Thanks Stripetail! You’re the best!” He turned to Diddy and lightly punched his shoulder. “Come on, let’s get to the theater!”
Diddy’s long tail waggled a little. “Right! It’s been out for awhileómaybe if we’re lucky we’ll get the whole theater to ourselves.”
“Ah that’d be awesome!” Junior agreed as the two raced out of the door just in time to miss a fifteen year old human with bowl-cut blond hair running into the tavern and checking his watch.
“Twenty five minutes,” Usso panted as he looked around the tavern. “Did I already miss them?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Defago titled his head a little as he heard the squirrel ask about the formula’s buyer. He grinned a little through the wad of tobacco. Now, more strongly than usual, he wished he was actually capable of tasting that smokey Virginia flavor again, but at least it still cooled his nerves if nothing else.
“Mind reader,” Defago commented as he tapped his head. The nubs of horns were poking out of his brown hair like submerged stumps sticking out of eelgrass in a lake bed. “Or you’ve heard me talk about that t’te baise in the past, which I never do, so I’m gonna guess mind reader. You’re not the first of them I met. Never did care for them muchóthey always know the punchlines to my jokes ëfore I can tell ëem. He ha ha!”
ëFact is, I don’t call the goddamn beast by my affectionate little nickname for it out loud,’ he thought to himself. ëAnd just fer the record, if yer listenin’, it’s never had free reign. It ain’t ever going to either.’
Defago stood up from his sitting position as a few mosquitoes that had been hovering above dropped to the ground, squirming slowly. He put his hands in his pocket and walked forward a few steps, as the sound of sloshing could be heard from the ratty old boots the Jones’ had given to him.
“…What did you mean by ëlucky I was there on hand’, boss?” he asked, trying not to sound hopeful. “Those two agents are deader n’ a doornail last I checked.”

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
" yes you did, by a minute or so. they just Left " stripetail said to Usso ' Please have a seat' Stripetail motioned to Usso. " Care for a drink?' He offered kindly" its payday for you as well" he said puling a  bag out of the air.

( flashback)
 Yes I can read minds  Mr Defago' Stripetail said calmly."I prefer not to, the thoughts of one should be his or her own.. as for  my comment, they are still alive, both of them.  I happen to be a VERY skilled healer, I managed to  heal the injuries you inflicted on them, and spare their lives  in the process. It was an extremely close call, another 5 minutes and the wounds would have been fatal. " Stripetail said.' They won;t be coming after you though, one encounter was MORE than sufficient for them. As I said, they are very fortunate to be alive.I did not come here for a fight Mr Defago, but rest assured, If you do fight me, You WILL lose. I know how to separate the "beast", as you called it,  from its host, which destroys a Wendigo, as both host and spirit are destroyed in the separation, and it is, I'm sure, an agonizing way for both to go. like ripping asunder a soul. You have been attached to that spirit for far too long to have any chance of surviving a separation. I'm here, as I said, for information. that mutagen you sold  has the capacity to mutate the living, and reanimate the dead into monstrous forms, even a tiny bit of it would suffice, you sold enough to devastate a planet. Surely, Mr Defago, you retain some conscience, that mortal life retains some value for you? Is whatever payment you received worth countless millions or billions of lives?" stripetail said in a sharp voice.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Mr. Bigmouth shook his head. He'd normally vent the atmosphere to space but they were traveling through hyperspace so that was out of the question.

"Sir." His helmet radio crackled. "We can dump the helium exhaust from the ship's reactor into the warehouse." While the helium from the ship's fusion reactor was normally vented into space, some of it was diverted into storage tanks for various purposes -- the least of which was for inert gas atmospheres. When it was in hyperspace, all of it was stored in tanks.

Mr. Bigmouth nodded. "Do it then. I'll get to cleaning up and repairing everything once the fire's out."

The workers pressed a button and there was a steady roar as the helium was dumped into the restricted greenhouse. Soon, the green flames began to sputter and die out.

The workers then immediately began cleaning up the spill while Mr. Bigmouth headed to the greenhouses to ensure all the gases were safely shut off.

---------------------

Unfortunately, Ozai Radio could not be reached from where they were located. That said, Captain Carson did make concessions for the religious beliefs of her crew.

And that included commissioning a statue of the god-emperor of Mawashi that was placed in a quiet section of Winterville that had set aside as a Mawashian shrine.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Luca Led Tigeress out of the store a smile on her face, as she carried her new possessions. Tigeress had paid for everything." i promise to pay you back Tigeress.. It may be a while, but I'll pay you back. I';m not a moocher, I always repay my debts. I just need to find a job with good pay and benefits.."Luca promised. Well, until you do, we'll pay you to help with keeping everything clean. We have far more money than we could spend, even with Flash around, our expenses barely make a dent. Adding you and Mona will help justify more spending.Until you can get enough to support Mona on your own, just consider you and her as part of the family. tiger and I have already set money aside for Flash's School, we'll help do the same for Mona. the girls need their education, we'd be remiss as parents if we didn't do that.'Tigeress said. Luca nodded " thank you. How did you get so much money?' well Stripetail pays us to do jobs for him, and since hes a wizard, those jobs tend to be very dangerous. Take this cursed hotel we were hired to lift the curse on. Nasty bit of work, but I got some lifelong relationships out of it. Tiger,, naturally , as well as Agumina and Dixie- you'll meet them later. Oh.. and flash came out of it too " tigeress said, blushing" anyway.. we'll.. call you our secretary.. how much you want, in terms of money?' i'll settle for the 5000 I asked for as the starting price" Luca said. Done Tigress said as they reached the store Tiger had entered " tiger came out carrying a filer and some teeth whitener " He smiled, his teeth were almost blindingly white ' courtesy cleaning " he said, I needed it, teeth were getting brown at the top,'' " well tiger we've got some goodies and supplies " and I've cone up with a job for Luca for the time being -she can be our secretary'  Whats a secretary? Tiger said " Someone who does.. um.. work for you. makes appointments schedules stuff. Reminds you of  things you forgot,  that sort of thing. ' i thought that was called ' having a wife' Tiger said. " Even I need reminders Tiger' Tigeress said." Oh.. Fine Fine. You;'re hired Luca . how much do we have to pay you, a month?' Um.. well 10,000, with a 5000 hiring fee. basically the fee is the amount i asked for earlier" Luca said.'mostly, its for Mona.." 120000 a year? ok over 20 years thats . um." tiger counted on his fingers. 2.4 million" luca said.' don't worry, most of it will be for Mona  supplies,and groceries its not as if i'm going to go spend the money on wild parties..' " How much does the wizard pay us " About 1 million a month, with more mouths to feed, we'll need a raise ' tigeress said. " Ok, so basically 3 months salary for 20 years of hired help.' tiger shrugged ' Alright.. Lets go find our girls then."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I have the offering plates right in my bag," Shoukichi said proudly, unzipping one of the zippers. "I would never forget such an essential part of our lives." He placed them down in front of the poster of King Ozai.

"Cmon, gotta get it right," Oliver said, working on his sand castle. The kitten was doing his best to be precise with his measurements. He traced some shapes with his small claws.

Dimitri's eyes widened after he drank Bentley's potion. "How do you feel?" the genius turtle asked his test subject/friend.

"Like I can hear a bug grooving across the ground," Dimitri replied.

"Ooh, can I come with?" Kiara asked Kovu about the eating contest.