The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5636 · 339653

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The teenager heard Stripetail's voice and perked up. "Oh, hey Mr. Stripetail!" Then his expression fell.
"They ditched me again? I must have been a lot later than I thought..."
Then he blinked.
"Oh! I didn't realize it was payday!" Usso said anxiously, mostly to be polite. He had honestly been counting down every day until his first check, and felt bad for doing it.  

~~~~~~~~~~~
The good humor immediately left his eyes as soon as he heard the wizard level a threat at him.
"Don't you go doing stupid things like that without knowin' the consequences, vous stupide morceau de merde!" Defago barked, suddenly seizing all control away from the wendigo that thrashed in heated protest inside him. His height immediately left him.
But he had to-- he now felt it was imperative to keep it under as strong a lock and key as his fickle will could muster.
"That's only half true. Separating us would kill ME. That would NOT kill the beast! I'm not its host-- I'm its cage. If you separate us you'll let it go free!"
He pointed over to the nearby house. "And the first thing it'd do after dealing with you and eatin' what's left of me, it'd go after that little girl's family! And I'd kill ya with my bare hands 'fore I ever let that happen!"
He paced restlessly around for a bit, looking every which way and that. La bete maudite was not happy it had been denied a fight.
"Still... I'm glad those two boys are alive. You have my thanks fer that, monsieur. Puts my soul a bit at ease..."
Flies began to buzz over his head again, and a few lonely night animals began to risk a note or two of their songs. The Stripetail's final words cut into him nice and deep.
He turned back to the squirrel and threw up his hands. "... He came to me at a seedy bar, and he never gave his name, alright? That's how this usually works. Told me not to ask questions aboat what I was deliverin'. Didn't think it was all that important if he went with a raggedy-ass courier like me."
He twirled around and pulled his cloth mask out of his pocket, shaking it a little.
"Wore one of those fancy masquerade masks an' he had a funny accent. Think he wore a lapel with a trident on it or somethin'-- I don't know! I was just aboat on my way to find him and make 'im talk."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
IT was not a threat Mr Defago, merely a statement of fact.  I do not  deal in threats, which are nothing more than vain bluffs by  fools trying to mask insecurity with arrogance and boast..You're not the first Wendigo I've encountered, far from it, in fact.  Wendigos are very powerful creatures, who in my experience can only be held at bay by very powerful magics. Which, fortunately, I Do possess, otherwise we would not having this conversation." He paused and took a  close look at Defago, the glint of  the ring in Defago's pocket  caught his eye. He briefly glanced back at the house, and a smile crossed over his face.

" Your reactions regarding that family show how much that little girl means to you. Perhaps she reminds you of a little sister , or a daughter from your past. Whatever good deedyou did for them. she gave you that ring, as a thank you. More of a family treasure than something of great face value, but as the  mortal saying goes " it is the thought that counts'. What if I Could devise a way for you to stay in touch with them? would that help you. Mr Defago? ' He said calmly.. Defagos comments on the buyer caused his eyes to narrow. and he pulled a pen and paper out of his robes ' Draw that symbol for me, and I;ll see if I can recognize it." he paused " I will offer you a parley, MR Defago. Help me recover that Mutagen and capture the one you sold it too, and I will grant you 3 boons. not only  Will I help you stay in touch with this girl and family you have grown so fond of, Not only will I devise way to help you  keep  that spirit of yours locked securely in its cage, But I will pay you handsomely as well. The Ages have showered me in riches, and I have enough for anything I might need,  and then some."
_
 (Present)
 Not your fault. they went off to see a movie together, they seem to be fond of ' horror' flicks whatever that may be." stripetail shrugged.' He pushed the large bag of gold in Usso's direction " Count it, and make sure the full amount is there' He said " I'm not in the habit of skimping out on my debts. Care for a bit to eat? you can much on it while counting your pay. What you do with the money, is your own affair.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
In the time that had elapsed, Mr. Bigmouth had finished repairing the greenhouses. Unfortunately, the fire had burnt through an important gas conduit and as a result the plants he had gathered from Mawashi's cryogenic ocean had died from the heat. Thankfully, he had some of the plant tissues deep frozen in liquid helium just in case of such an emergency.

He radioed Stripetail. "Stripetail," he said. "The fire and spill have been extinguished and cleaned up. All of the plants are alive but the plants from Mawashi's liquid gas ocean have died. I have some frozen tissues from and I will attempt to culture them. Bigmouth out."

The Saurolophus gave everything a once over before he headed back to the town.

------------------

Captain Carson entered the tavern. She ordered a cup of tea and watched Usso and Stripetail.

She cleared her throat. "Stripetail," she said. "We have dropped out of hyperspace and we approaching Weyard. Orbital insertion should take place in about forty-five minutes."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Done!" Oliver smiled, using his spade to make the finishing touches on his sand castle. He planted a little flag on top that had an orange symbol on it. He sat patiently, waiting for the time limit to end and for all of the castles the kids made to get judged.

"Kopa's doomed if he's going up against your iron gut," Kiara complimented, rubbing Kovu's belly as they went to meet up with their family at the place of the eating contest. "You can outeat an elephant, my love," she purred.

Dimitri's eyes went completely red. "I can smell Sly homespice's breath," he admitted.

"And Sly is on the other side of the ship," Bentley smirked confidently, "My brew was an inevitable success!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Your brother can out eat me ' kovu said to Kiara.' We had several eating contests during the tournament, and he consistently beat me. Must get the stomach from Mufasa' He  shrugged ' But i'm always up for stuffinh my face..
_
Mona finished her castle with just over a minute left. Flash finished hers with 30 seconds to go. the smoke clock ran out and vanished and Spyro and Dixie began looking at the castles.
_ Agumon, Gabumon and their partners walked around the town, trying to work out the huge meals they had eaten, Gabuna had convinced the others to go to the  midnight movie to allow for them to get room for snacks. Agumon Contacted the rest of the team to see if they wanted to  come along for the movie. Scooby and dixie quickly accepted as did Angel and Stitch,tiger and tigeress w agreed so long as flash could come, and ratchet and angela agreed as long as they could watch a second film from thier home galaxy. Spyro And Cynder agreed, so long as their counterparts could come..
-
 Why dont you just rent a whole   screen ' Scooby said.." i'll cover the food.." better save some for us " tiger said.
_ thank you MR Big Mouth. be sure to try and relace the plants that have been lost as best you are able.' Stripetail out.Stripetail said as Carson reported in. " thank you Captain. i trust you have find a safe place to land the ship/" he said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Then let's prove to him that his isn't invincible," Kiara encouraged Kovu, "I've seen how remarkably well you can hold down many different kinds of foods. I'm rooting for you!" she smiled to the brown furred lion, nuzzling his black mane.

Oliver sat there patiently, waiting for his castle to be judged. The young cat had a smile on his face as he presented his project with pride.

"I can hear......everyone," Dimitri said, his body shaking as he covered his ears. "Every trippin voice in a five mile radius, dawg."

Bentley looked at how Dimitri was responding to his concoction. "Maybe him being a lizard impacted him differently then if I used a different test subject," he noted, seeing the lounge lizard shake and sweat all over.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Flash looked at her castle and smiled as spyro looked at it ' tried to match the picture ' she smiled..'Looks very good.' The purple dragon said looking at the picture, then looking at the castle. It was a spitting image ' very very good Flash " spyro said.b i Give it a 10..
_
 Dixie was looking at other Oliver's castle  which was covered with images of cats.. ' Looks like some ancient Pyramid more than a castle..' Dixie said walking around it.. I'll give it an 8. spyro had given it a 9 earlier.
 _ Next Spyro went over to Mona's castle which looked like something out of the Middle Ages complete wuith banners at the top.." looks like   Volteer's House in Warfang.. all that it is missing is banners with lightning bolts..' he noticed a crack running alongside one of the sides of the castle, and as he watched. it became longer and longer..' I gotta discount for the big crack in the side though .." but Mr Spyro" Mona said " there wasnt a crack when I finished. ' there is now. I'll give it a 9 though' sand began falling off the side as the crack worsened.." looks like her castles starting to fail' Cynder commented to scooby ' Yeah. must be the wind, its pretty strong today..' scooby said, wiping sand out of his eyes.-
 Dixie looked at Monas next, and watched as a large chunk of the left wall caved in..' Mona;s face fell ' I Tried really hard miss Dixie " she said softly..'  I know, dear, but i cant give you full marks if its starting to fall apart. But, I'll give you a 9 honey, it looks very nice otherwise.. These castles arent going to last long with this wind.." she said as the wind picked up andmore of the tower caved in.." thank you Muss Dixie Mona said..' Go play, dear' Dixie said patting the red furred pups head. She went over to Flash's, and like Spyro, gave it top marks.
 Finally, Olivers Castle was viewed by  Spyro, who gave it top markls. Dixie finished up , and looked at Olivers, which was the tallest of the4 castles, and while not the most ornate, was the work of a skilled sandbuilder.' I gotta give it top marks. Ok, Flah, and Oliver, you both got perfect 10s from us. that nmeans you both get an extra treat. Oliver, we';ll let you pick yours first? what do you want dear?' Dixie said to the orange kitten.
-
 Vushu and vitani got lout of the tub, feeling refreshed as they  dried themselvs off with towels.' So where to next?' Vushu asked " well Kopa is going tp have eating a food and drink contest with Kovu" vitani " Both guys rreally like to eat. Kovu's got a gutt made of brass, guy can eat just about anything, even hyena stew..' Kovus puicking out the food and drinks. This time. its hot wings and soda " Kopa said.
_
 Arlene finished getting Olivers bed made and things organized, then decided to get get some dinner at the local resteraunt. Kitty had left her some money _ she was currently  busy, bouncing on Tigers stomach- and so Arlene was on her own for the evening..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I wanna go get a big juicy mouse steak, and get some more Catman toys and DVDs," Oliver declared proudly. From spending time with Garfield in the past, he began to inherit Arlene's boyfriend's appetite for food. He licked his lips in hunger.

"May the best eater win," Kiara smiled as Kovu and some waiters were bringing out all the wings and drinks for the eating contest. She gave Kovu a kiss on the lips and a nuzzle on his mane as a token of good luck.

Tiger the cat was rolling over Kitty, much to her enjoyment. She simply loved how big he was.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thats more than one thing " flash said, pointing it out..'Alright, Flash. you can pick a couple things too..' Dixie said.'I'll give one of my things to Mona and Other Oliver' Flash offered.' Well.. how about This? We'll go see a movie together?" Mona suggested ' Preferably something funny? My mom could go as a chaperone..'  After we get Olivers Toys, Its movie time.
-
 first things first.. its shopping time ' Cynder said to the kids ' better hurry too, its starting to get dark. she motioned overhead as the sky was starting to transition to night.
_
 Kopa and kovu took seats in front of towering stacks of wings ' These are normal wings without sauce ' Kovu said. as you eat them, the next tray will be slightly spicier, and we'll get more and more spicy as we go on. I bet bro You cant handle more that two wings of REd Savina pepper, to say nothing of  ghost pepper ' Kovu smirked  I've got soda to wash away the heat ' Kopa said ' raising his  glass of pepsi.
_
 JIng King entered her room ' Alright Dear, I need you to clean both our trophies until they shine' Panda King said ' I'm locking the door until you are finished. sio the sooner these sparkle. the sooner you can go out.. but until then " I've got the key"
_
 Kitty curled up on Tigers guts, feeling the large cats gut lift her abnd lower her as it moved up and down.. ' this is nice.. she purred.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sara landed near where Korin was and walked over to where she was.  "Hello." She said.

----

Joe and Gomanon walked into where the other digidestined were.  

"Are you sure they are here?" Joe asked looking around.  "This is a big place, I do hope we have not gotten lost again."

"oh Joe, relax, and we weren't lost before.  It was just a longer shortcut then I thought it was, and we did find that awesome coffee shop after all." Gomamon said.  "you really do need to learn to relax more Joe." he said as they walked along, him using his flippers to walk along beside Joe.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hi Sara " Korin smiled at her.' glad to be off that planet./ having so many statues of the same guy, was actually kinda creepy. Say< want to go get some cofee? i;ll pay" she offered.
-
 gabumon noticed Gomamon and Joe and Waved." Joe! Gomamon! Over here1" he said ' he motioned to them to join the rest of the group. " we're going to see a movie. Want to Come?" he said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Captain Carson's jaw dropped as she read the statistics from the probes sent into the atmosphere. First thing she noticed was that the magic flux was so extreme that the probes had malfunctioned and crashed into the ocean.

On her computer screen was the information from the probe.
Name: "Weyard"
System: Currently unknown
Distance from Earth: 187,400 light years
Atmosphere: 22% O2, 75% N2, 2% CO2, 1% other trace gases
Average temperature: 293 K (20 degree C)
Magic flux: 50 terathaums (extreme)

She then sent this to Stripetail's PDA and followed up with a radio message. "Stripetail, Weyard is extremely magically active. I know that magic exposure strengthens Humans but this level is so extreme I am not sure if there are any dangerous effects. In addition, the magic field jammed the signals controlling the atmosphere probes so they ended up crashing into the ocean."

The Human then looked over the statistics of her ship. The ship's sheer mass and shield generators provided a significant degree of protection for the crew and the electronics aboard if they landed.

She templed her hands. It looked like the salvaged Arkeyan Show Cruisers and the Aestorican Gliders were the only ships they could use.

-----------------------

Drobot was in the vehicle bay. His exoskeleton was being looked over by some of the mechanics.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes I can sense the magic " stripetauiil radioed " it magnifies a magicians existing abilities, so an already extremely powerful being would be stronger still on a planet like that. No wonder Chongwent here.. It would restore him back to his former powers, and more.." stripetail said.."The magic here would have very dangerous effects on non magical beings. In short any exposure longer than a couple seconds.. would be fatal. Since most of our group  dont have powers they'll have to stay here for safety. Mu team will have to wear their armor at all times, for protection ' He sighed..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I understand," Captain Carson replied. "I'll let my crew know that they'll be required to wear the anti-radiation suits that are provided. This also prevents the use of unmodified vehicles and other electronic--What--the!?"

The ship's sensors detected massive hotspot of of light, heat and solar radiation in the middle of the planet. The viewscreen showed a perfectly flat planet with water somehow flowing off the edges of the world and being swept away into space by the ion stream from the planet's star.

"Stripetail! The sensors indicate what appears to be a star in the middle of Weyard!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A STAR? preposterous! the sheer gravity stars exert would destroy a planet that was too close to it, never mind surrounding it. There must be some other explanation.. We'l have to find out what exactly is that  thing.. I'll gather my team together and get them ready.. at least the air is breathable and temperature pleasant.,." stripetail said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Wait." Captain Carson checked the sensors again. "No, it's not a star. There's also a massive surge of magic coming from that point again. In the meantime, I'll prepare for landing. Captain Carson out."

She strapped herself into the pilot's seat and spoke into the intercom.

"Attention everyone. We will be landing shortly. Please head to the designated landing areas and strap yourselves in.

-------------------

The living planes had already been secured with padded tie-down straps in the vehicle bay.

The mechanics had quickly finished up their work as they sat down in the designated seats and strapped themselves in. They'd finish the modifications when the starship had landed.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sara nodded, "I'm glad also." She said smiling.  "Sure, I'd like to get some coffee.  That sounds like it can be fun." She said.

----------------

"Hey guys.  How are you all doing?" Joe waved and smiled as he and Gomamon walked over.  "A movie, that sounds like fun." He said, glad for a chance to hang out with all his and Gomanon's friends.  He looked around. "Not anything like that camp where we first all met." He said laughing briefly at the memory.  

"Yea, I remember how some of you reacted.  Pretty amusing.  you introduced us to some new foods we've not heard of before." Gomamon said.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail tapped his wrist " alright everyone' good news and bad news ." good new is We've reached weynard. bad news . the magic of his planet is so powerful that any non magic creature exposed to it for more than a brief period would become horribly mutated. so, you must wear your armor   as long as we are on this planet.'
-
 so we cant take it off at all?' kovu replied.'  do you have magical powers? " stripetail replied " no. Kopa got trained by a mystic, and well, we know a couple of them..'Being trained by a mystic and being acquainted with them is not the same as haviong powers yourselves. So you, and your mates, and everyone that doesnt have magical powers, has to keep wearing the armor..
_
 so I can't use my nanotech?' Ratchet asked ' Anything with technology will be corrupted by the intensity of the magic here ' stripetail said..' so we have to wear the suits.. ok' Angela replied. we're checking out how the new Secret Agent Clank fared at the box office. #1 guys! you'll be getting you bolts checks in the mail-  well the equivalent in your currencies' Angela said.
_
 Eris Beat Li ella across town and smirked at her as the lioness  crossed the line.." dinner is on you tonight' Eris teased.. and you'll have to give laval a big smooch..' how come you've never kissed Laval Eris ? its obvious you really like him.. and vice versa..' li Ella asked " Well Uh.. it's uh' Eris blushed."Too shy, Girl" Li 'ella smirked broadly.. patting Eris' face ' you are going to need to work on that.. make your move, you know?"
_
Arlene Headed out of the inn. and began looking in the market area trying to catch a glimpse of Oliver and his friends.
_
 Stuff Your Face! Stuff your face! Sima cheered ' Thats um.. how we cheer on Mawashii" she said to Vitani who was looking at her with an odd look on her face.." Eh.. its fine' Vushu said. dipping wings into spicy sauce.. Cheer how you like."
_
Coffee  it is then.. You lie regular, decaf or Dragon Special' Korin Smiled.
_
 Kiyo bowed in front of the statue of Ozai, Carson had had made ' It was after all, Bowing Hour. " got the offerings Shour, dea?' She asked.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The great starship gently touched down on the plains outside Tonfon.

Once that was done, Captain Carson announced that they had landed and they may move about the starship's interior.

Ms. Swimmer checked her gems and magical equipment before she headed out of the ship. She passed by the mechanics in the vehicle bay modifying the vehicles to resist the intense magic.

Captain Fairchild's heavy armor already granted him a significant degree of resistance to all sorts of radiation but the same could not be said of Lt. Martin, Rainbow or Major Lockie. They were being painted with a heavy iron-based paint that would serve as additional protection from the magic. Unfortunately, it would slow them down and make them less manueverable.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yes I have dear," Shoukichi nodded, presenting the bowl of sacred noodles that were to be placed in front of the image of Ozai. The male tanuki and his wife proceeded to bow before the statue of their king.

"Oh, hi mom," Oliver waved as he saw Arlene walking over. "I tied for first in the sandcastle building contest," he said proudly.

"Sina is from Mawashi, I've heard her cheer like that," Kiara nodded to Vitani, "We best get used to it. Especially since I'm now sharing Kovu," she smirked.

"Yes father," Jing bowed as she began to work on the cleaning of the trophies. She heard the Panda King lock the door behind her, she was used to being locked into rooms.

"Say Panda King," Sly asked his teammate, "Why are you always locking Jing in her room? She's an adult, you know."