The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who really hates "Friends for dinner"?

Guest · 5 · 783

Bruton the Iguanodon

I know there's a topic on "worst songs" but this is one that definitely needs discussing.  It's pretty bad in itself---Chomper's singing at the beginning is god-awful---I hate listening to his voice in that movie as it is. The tune is lame and the beat is lame, both of which prevent it from being that much fun. It's a complete insult to the first two great songs of the film, espicially "Always There", and uses what I call a "telephone shot" to show all of the cast at the same time...which is comepltely degrading, I think. And then Chomper appears in a bubble at the bottom of the screen? What the hell?! (And then they had to d this with "Boring", which would have otherwise been pretty good). Ad finally there are the lyrics---unlike "Big Water", which did an excellent job of displaying their fears, or "Always there", which did a beautiful job of showing their emotions, this one feels...disturbing-trying-to be mad humorous. That's not right at all! In fact, it ends with them all laughing---as if to just say "This was a fun song!" As I said before it wasn't that fun, but even if it did have a great tune and good singing, well, like Friendly Sharptooth pointed out on his video, humor and/or great dancing/singing does not save a song from it's nasty point. What was really bad about this one was it was trying to make nasty, grusome sounding images sound funny. They even gave the mom and dad sharptooth a funny moment---which, along with the subtitles, is really degrading. I liked them in 2 but with 5 Universal went over the limit. The worst part about the song, however, was...what ever it was Cera threw into Spike's open mouth, and then him lying on this grass. Looks suspiciously like----EW!! WHAT THE F**K, UNIVERSAL?! (Seriously, I didn't realize this until about a month ago; now I couldn't even watch that part if I wanted to!)

I remember disliking this song since when I first saw movie 5, when I was like...4. Partly because it stood in the shadow of two very, very impressive numbers, but even so, if I can't like the song as a little kid...seriously, what does it have to offer? It was completely pointless, and stunk as bad as the bed of flowers the gang was hiding in. Thanks to this song, 5 suffered.

I guess...I don't have anything left to say. Sure, Imaginary Friends was definitely worse, and "Yellow Belly Bounce" was probably worse, and so was every song in the f**king TV series...but otherwise I think this one was LBT at it's worst. MAYBE the crappy reprise of Big Water in 9 was worse...I disliked it espicially cause it was ruining my vision of one of my favorite songs, and it was sung as something to be happy to, which is NOT what the original song had in mind. But anyways, the rest is up to anyone who wants to comment.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't think this song was that bad. It was among my favorite songs for a while. I loved the beat as a child, and I would often sing along, and even hum it once in a while when I wasn't watching the movie. Friends For Dinner I don't feel really deserves the title of worst LBT song, even as an adult who doesn't really care for any of the songs in general anyway.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I didn't say it was the worst, but...well, I'm not going to repeat what I already wrote in my first post.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I wasn't accusing you of that.

To be honest, my least favorite song of LBT5 is Always There. While I remember it being cute, I was never really as much into the "cute, touching songs" of LBT (though I did like If We Hold On Together for a long time) and was more interested in the more "actiony" songs. So that's why I liked Friends For Dinner and Big Water more than Always There.

I grew out of the LBT song as I got older, especially the sequels. I started growing annoyed by hearing children singing. Today I still hate child singing. The only sequel song I continued to like for a while after I stopped liking the other songs was Who Needs You. Honestly I don't see what people find so awful about that song. I feel it's one of the best songs of the first few movies, and I prefer it over It Takes All Sorts any day.

But that's probably because I find more enjoyment from villain songs than from other types of songs from movies. There's just something about villain songs I love.

Bruton the Iguanodon

From what I remember I did love "It Takes All Sorts!"  ;)