The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What would you like to see in future releases?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That is another thing, I wonder if most Sharpteeth think Chomper is nuts for wanting to be nice to leaf eaters.  Perhaps he has few friends as many leaf eaters can't look past his exterior to see that he is nice.   He seems to get the shaft from both sides.  

I'm wondering what he did to get Red Claw after him.  Sharpteeth fighting Sharpteeth,other than to protect their families (V) or over food (a few times in various movies) seems unheard of in LBT thus far before the TV Series.  (Well, minus Chomper, who will attack other Sharpteeth to protect  his leaf eater friends.)

I think there are some possibilities as to that:

1.)  Red Claw wanted to be a dictator and Chomper told him off.  Red Claw didn't like that and is hunting him.  Red Claw had enough minions that Chomper's parents had to go into hiding too, but, as Chomper is the main target, they sent him with Ruby, perhaps as a distraction, as Red Claw didn't seem to know Chomper was with Ruby for some time.  Red Claw's behavior appears to be like a dictator, as he is feared by Sharpteeth, Leaf Eaters, and even omnivores alike.

2.)  Red Claw said that all leaf eaters were good for was food and that they were dumb and bla bla bla and Chomper opened his mouth and challenged Red Claw.  Red Claw got mad, as he felt that Chomper was too different from what a Sharptooth ought to be (in short, Red Claw would be a Sharptooth version of Topps in this case, except actually evil)  and wants to punish Chomper for it.  Most Sharpteeth, minus Chomper's parents of course, agree with Red Claw, though few of them actually would help him harm Chomper directly.  Screech, Thud, and perhaps a few others that we haven't seen yet, are his main group.  Red Claw would be such a jerk here, that, like Topps in the Great Valley, few Sharpteeth would dare to oppose him, even if they did happen to believe that him going after Chomper was a bit harsh.

3.)  Chomper has left home of his own free will, perhaps fearing that he'd be a regular Sharptooth and be Littlefoot's enemy or something in the future and he doesn't want that after Littlefoot helped him, and, particularly, was willing to die for him in the fifth film when he jumped into the water to save him.  Thus, not wanting to be raised that way and wanting be nice to Leaf Eaters and not eat them, he begged his parents and, at least till he is sure he can make sure that he won't someday be a bad Sharptooth, he gets them to let him stay with Ruby, whom he may have met between the end of film V and the TV Series, as Ruby and her family are omnivores.  

After some time, likely around the time of the Wisdom of Friends, Chomper and Ruby run afoul of Red Claw, a Sharpteeth bad guy who is notorious in the Mysterious Beyond.  Eventually, they have to run for it, and, deciding to learn from the Leaf Eaters in the Great Valley and how they cooperate in hopes of defeating Red Claw, the two head to the Great Valley.

I find the "Red Claw killed Chomper's parents" theory to be a little hard to swallow for a few reasons.

1.)  Why would Red Claw do that?  Sharpteeth don't normally attack each other for no reason.

2.)  If Red Claw were after the parents, why kill Chomper too?  Why not just let him walk?

3.)  Why wouldn't Red Claw think, mistakenly of course, that, as Chomper is still young, he could bend him to his will instead of deciding that he has to be destroyed?

4.)  Chomper doesn't seem to mention their deaths nor does he seem to have a strong enough hatred of Red Claw to suggest something like that.

5.)  If Red Claw had indeed killed his parents, why hasn't Chomper tried to do in Red Claw like Littlefoot did to his mother's killer (Sharptooth)  (You could tell from the first film that Littlefoot wanted Sharptooth to be dead and one might think that that loathing was part of the reason he didn't believe Cera when she said that Sharptooth was still alive.  Also, when Sharptooth reappears for the final time, it is Littlefoot himself who suggests killing him.)  ?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I did think up a scenario where Chomper would be allowed to stay in the Great Valley, even as an adult.

He'd eat

1.) Fish (not Mo)
2.)  Tickle Fuzzies (not Tickles, Skip, Mlio, Plover, or Lydia)
3.) Egg Stealers (whom I'm thinking the Great Valley would love to get rid of anyway)
4.)  Hoppers
5.)  Stinging Buzzers
6.)  Bad Leaf Eaters (Sierra, you stay out of the Great Valley!   :lol   )
7.)  Bad Sharpteeth (smaller ones than him (in his adult form, not his current one!) , perhaps Fast Biters and Belly Draggers)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Red Claw being a brutal dictator does have appeal. Given what we've seen in the series, this would indicate that living conditions under his rule are appaling (perhaps not only due to him alone, but due to the state of the Mysterious Beyond as well) and Chomper's parents are under his rule as well, and not being able to escape it, they would send off their child to a better place. However, then there is the question of Ruby's parents. If they wanted their children to be safe, they wouldn't only send off Ruby, but her siblings as well.

This would indicate that Ruby's parents are not under Red Claw's direct rule and have an easier life than Chomper's parents. Perhaps Chomper was initially supposed to be sent off to Ruby's parents, but then Ruby's parents, seeing the effects of Red Claw's rule, decided to go a step further, and devised a plan to throw off Red Claw, and put the execution of the first part of their plan into the hands of their eldest child, by sending her off with Chomper to the Great Valley (to which Chomper's parents presumably agreed). This marks Ruby's parents as somewhat zealous about their cause, risking the wellbeing of their child to help out strangers.

The motivation and inclination of Ruby's parents is one of those aspects of LBT that require further exploration.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,Dec 28 2014 on  05:48 AM
Red Claw being a brutal dictator does have appeal. Given what we've seen in the series, this would indicate that living conditions under his rule are appaling (perhaps not only due to him alone, but due to the state of the Mysterious Beyond as well) and Chomper's parents are under his rule as well, and not being able to escape it, they would send off their child to a better place. However, then there is the question of Ruby's parents. If they wanted their children to be safe, they wouldn't only send off Ruby, but her siblings as well.

This would indicate that Ruby's parents are not under Red Claw's direct rule and have an easier life than Chomper's parents. Perhaps Chomper was initially supposed to be sent off to Ruby's parents, but then Ruby's parents, seeing the effects of Red Claw's rule, decided to go a step further, and devised a plan to throw off Red Claw, and put the execution of the first part of their plan into the hands of their eldest child, by sending her off with Chomper to the Great Valley (to which Chomper's parents presumably agreed). This marks Ruby's parents as somewhat zealous about their cause, risking the wellbeing of their child to help out strangers.

The motivation and inclination of Ruby's parents is one of those aspects of LBT that require further exploration.
I still believe Chomper to be Red Claw's target, and not Ruby.  Ruby would never have dared to go see her parents if she were the one Red Claw was after, as she wouldn't want to put them in danger.  

One possibility is that Chomper did something to tick off Red Claw, and he became a target.  He knew that he was putting his parents in danger (one would have to assume that there are more bad guys with Red Claw than just Screech and Thud, but, given that he is so feared, one would presumably have to assume that anyway) and eventually got them to agree to let him stay with Ruby's family.

They snuck off in the middle of the night and Red Claw kept a watch on Chomper's parents.  After some time, Red Claw realized that Chomper wasn't there and eventually figured out that he was with Ruby.

Chomper got wind that Red Claw was coming somehow and he told Ruby that they should head to the Great Valley.  The scene that was shown in the flashback happened.

Perhaps Ruby went into the Great Valley first as Chomper might be attacked were he to go in himself, and got Littlefoot's attention.  She introduced herself and told him about Chomper.  Littlefoot was able to get Chomper in (he and the other members of the Gang of Five may well have told the grownups about Chomper sometime between when they were reunited with their parents near the end of V and when they returned to the Great Valley at the very end of V.  Heck, maybe Elsie brought Chomper across and they even knew Chomper personally for all we know.)  At any rate, Chomper got into the Great Valley and that may have thrown off Red Claw for a while, as he probably thought they'd never let a Sharptooth in there, but he eventually figured it out and is trying to get to Chomper and will harm anyone else that gets in the way.  

Personally, as to Red Claw, I'd like to have him survive the TV Series.  Perhaps they could have it look like he fell to his death or something (like the original villain appeared to have done during the Great Earthshake) but have Red Claw appear in the upcoming movies, still alive and angrier than ever.  

As for other villains, I'd like to see a Sharptooth flyer villaness and even evil Longnecks perhaps.  

As for them Sharptooth Flyers, that would be an interesting scenario.  They can just fly over the Great Wall and pose threats to hatchlings and smaller dinosaurs and maybe even, if there are enough of them, bigger dinosaurs too.  

As for other villains yet, perhaps Ozzy and Strut, who could turn out to have survived, and are mad at the Gang of Five and Chomper and his parents, could decide to try and aide Red Claw to get rid of them.  

Another idea, doubt it will happen, is to form a sort of "League of Villains" where Ozzy, Strut, Dil, Ichy, Rinkus, Sierra, Red Claw, Screech, and Thud all team up to try and knock off the Gang of Five and Chomper and Ruby and possibly take over the Great Valley.

I also greatly want to know the back story of the Old One, which could be quite intriguing as there seems to be many dark things in here past, if one notices closely, even if she doesn't say most of them.

Personally, I'd like to see Littlefoot own Cera in a scuffle.  She's always come out on top every time it happens.  She needs to lose once for a change.  It would be good for her.  Perhaps she would respect Littlefoot more if that were to happen.

I'd also like to see Cera got more horns or a taller Ducky.  She and Petrie are so similar in size, but, it might be nice to see what happens when she starts to get bigger than him, as we know she will, given the adult forms of their parents and Pterano.  (Perhaps she could sing "Things are Better when You're Big!"  Just Kidding!)  

I'd also like to see someone who scares Topps.  He's not even afraid of Chomper's father or Red Claw or Belly Draggers!   It would be nice to see something that would make HIM scared.  

I'd also like Cera to finally come to terms that it's ok to admit she's scared (perhaps she somewhat did at the end of the Hidden Runner episode.).  She always acts like she's not scared, even when it is clear that she is.  I think it would be good for her to conclude that it's OK to be scared and admit it.