The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

To Sir, With Love

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I read To Sir, With Love this summer and did a book report on it.  I enjoyed reading the book.  It is about a black man named Ricardo Braithwaite who was a former member of the RAF.  After WWII, he was unable to get a job because nobody would hire a black man.  He finally got hired to teach at a rough school in east London.  The kids were dirty and very crude.  However, Braithwaite tought them discipline and how to act like civilized adults.  There is also a movie based on the book that we watched at school a few weeks ago.  It is also pretty good.  So, has anyone here ever read the book or see the movie?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No I haven't. Have you read the Count of Monte Cristo? it's by Alexandre Dumas.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: