The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Soundtrack music?

Saft · 9 · 1421

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've generally always seem to have listened to various soundtracks since I was a child.  Aside from certain bands and classical music I've never really been interested in listening to the latest songs that are popular.

I love the Lion King soundtrack (of course) but recently I've also found enjoyable the Brother Bear and Spirit:Stallion of the Cimarron soundtracks too.

I like to listen to other soundtracks too but I generall listen to the above repeatedly.

What about you?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Soundtracks hold some of my favorite pieces of music.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I only have a few sound tracks, but I do plan on buying more.  Soundtracks can have great music indeed.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Some of my favorite soundtracks, without a mash of individual groups, include Pirates of the Caribbean, The Mummy, Stealth, War, & Ninja Assassin.  The other soundtracks helped me to find out the names of some artists who I tend to really like but could never figure out their names (Disturbed, i.e.)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Among all members here, I probably have the largest soundtrack collection. :p  Not trying to brag but its probably true.  Unlike you though, I listen to soundtrack albums that are more inspired by classical writing, rather than pop artists.  Don't get me wrong, I love the Lion King too, but I like Out of Africa just as much. ;)

If you're seeking some more soundtracks to listen to, I'd try anything by John Williams, James Horner (our LBT soundtrack writer), Joe Hisaishi, or John Barry.  These four can give you a remarkable idea of what an orchestral soundtrack based on classical music can sound like.  The good news is a lot of the albums by these composers can be found online in digital forms (itunes, amazon, etc.) or cheaply available on cd.  I usually will buy the cd whenever I can for full symphonic goodness. :DD

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I tend to listen to sound tracks only when I am at home... Either movie or game tracks, that get my attention.

Disney soundtracks are usually good...

And I agree on the fact that you have the biggest collection around here, Adam! :P:

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Mine is the music from the Matrix movies, Alexander, 1492, The Fabolous Baker Boys, Once Upon A Time In America and Brother Bear.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
I love soundtracks!  :^.^:
They always affect my current mood and they're great source of inspiration.  :smile

I listen mostly to Disney soundtracks (currently Lion King 1+2 and Tarzan) but also game and anime soundtracks. ^_^

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pirates of the Caribbean, Ace Combat, and Call of Duty soundtracks are the main ones I listen to.