The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 175727

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
A pic from the berry scene

This site says the movie will be airing on HBO saturday 30th... does anyone have the channel to check it out?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
That cutout looks awfully familiar.....I wonder if that was one I had uploaded waaayyy back when I had a page dedicated to deleted scenes.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
My cable has HBO, but since I'm in Indonesia (HBO Asia; totally different show schedules)... :neutral

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I checked the schedule and I think I can safely say that this airing may not include any cut scenes. The time run stated is only an hour and six minutes, which is about the same runtime as my copy of Land Before Time on DVD; in fact it's shorter. The movie on the DVD is an hour and nine minutes, meaning the TV airing will be 3 minutes shorter. A shame really. It would have been nice if HBO was able to air that uncut LBT you had seen before, Pikkutassu.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 20 2010 on  07:36 PM
the TV airing will be 3 minutes shorter.
I think it's because of the fact that when they air movies on TV, they would usually show it at a slightly faster frame rate - usually at 25 frames/second. On DVDs, movies are usually played at 23.976 frames/second. So...

Code:  on  
69 minutes : (25.000 : 23.976 fps) = Approx. 66 minutes [66.17376 minutes]

(or an hour and 6 minutes)

Yep, 3 minutes shorter indeed. I'm such a nerd at these things. :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
That cutout looks awfully familiar.....I wonder if that was one I had uploaded waaayyy back when I had a page dedicated to deleted scenes.
Aye, but I think we so far failed to put it up here so really good going to post it here Pikkutassu :yes
The scene is almost certainly the one that was cut right after Spike's hatching.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ Where'd he find it then?  treestars.net has been offline for years and I've long since lost all my files from the site so I no longer have any images or things used when I made the site.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jan 20 2010 on  09:01 PM
^ Where'd he find it then? treestars.net has been offline for years and I've long since lost all my files from the site so I no longer have any images or things used when I made the site.
There was a gallery on this site where I found it http://www.flixster.com/movie/the-land-before-time

I checked that treestars.net deleted scenes page from archive, and saw the speculation about grandpa. I think he was indeed talking at some point in the movie.

There was a short scene right after Littlefoot and Cera got separated and they woke up to the noise wondering where they are, but I'm not sure if it's that, beacause I remember he could be talking to Littlefoot.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does sound interesting to see an additional scene.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
The original tv station finally answered after I sent e-mails to the people in charge. They still have the movie archived, but they don't have the rights to show it since they are only 3-4 years.

But, they are now working on re-buying the rights.  :yes

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm quite excited about this. Please let us know when you hear anything new about it. With the 3 to 4 years you mean that this was the time-span for which the TV-station had the right to air the movie?

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 4 2010 on  05:55 AM
I'm quite excited about this. Please let us know when you hear anything new about it. With the 3 to 4 years you mean that this was the time-span for which the TV-station had the right to air the movie?
Yes, 3-4 years is the time limit for the airing rights of any foreign content.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hopefully they can get the rights and can air the film again.   Many fans may be happy to see it again I'm sure.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah..I don't see why they wouldn't get the rights so chances are we'll see it during christmas time probably, that's when they aired the movie in 1995 and 1998.

and here's the press pictures in color:

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile

This is definitely right after petrie climbs back up from the water and ducky grabs him

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Forgot how colorful this film can be, though it does look like it needs cleaning, still very watchable.  Hope you get a chance to see it, and record it too if you can.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ I had never ever seen that one before Pikkutassu :)
Where did you find it?

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 7 2010 on  03:50 AM
^ I had never ever seen that one before Pikkutassu :)
Where did you find it?
I checked this site that has cels through archive to reveal what cels they had in the past.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
The full size cel wasn't archived, but here's one from a sharptooth scene.

Edit:
Some new production drawings on ebay. This one confirms my memory of a scene before they go swimming in the pond. Most likely cut out because of littlefoot mentioning he found the great valley after they save Cera.