The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 175928

Nightflower

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Wow, that sharptooth cell has the potential to be veery scary!! I'm imagining seeing it full sized in a theater full of little kids....I see why that was cut, lol! I'd love to see it though, now that I'm old enough to take it!

ScratteLover2

Quote from: Pikkutassu,Dec 9 2009 on  03:45 AM
Quote from: Noname,Dec 9 2009 on  03:43 AM
Are these scenes dubbed in Finnish?
Yes they are. If you want I can add subtitles.
Are you planning on adding the full movie with the deleted scenes to youtube? Reading the deleted scenes isn't as good as seeing them, in english.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Posting full movies/episodes is strictly forbidden on this forum, at least I'm pretty sure it is. This is not meant to serve as a warehouse for movies, and it is technically illegal to upload movies onto a website like this, again at least I think it is.

ScratteLover2

Quote from: LBTFan13,Jun 4 2010 on  11:38 AM
Posting full movies/episodes is strictly forbidden on this forum, at least I'm pretty sure it is. This is not meant to serve as a warehouse for movies, and it is technically illegal to upload movies onto a website like this, again at least I think it is.
I didn't say he had to upload them here, I just meant he could upload them on youtube, so I could see them, hopefully in english. With WinDVD player, the language can be switched to english, no matter where you live.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This movie just has to be re-released with the Deleted Scenes.  I would SO buy that. :)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, that is also illegal on Youtube. That is considered copyright infringement and is not accepted on Youtube. However, I agree that seeing the deleted scenes would certainly be an amazing treat.

crapfire

• Ruby
    • View Profile
deviantart

so if anyone's still interested in the LBT conspiracy I thought this was interesting

I take no credit

any news of the re-buying of the rights????

THE LAND BEFORE TIME IS THE BEST
regrettably the sequels lack the finesse of the original

<_<

:goodluck

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
deviantart

so if anyone's still interested in the LBT conspiracy I thought this was interesting

Yep, that's my old Soundtrack Analysis. I haven't done any work on that in a while. It's mentioned on the page, but there's a mistake in the image. The final music before the credits (Track 6 Part 8) should be split in two; some of the extra music from Track 7 goes there (it's the music that plays when Ducky, Petrie and Cera find their parents).

crapfire

• Ruby
    • View Profile
oh wow hahaha small world
kudos on your excellent analyzing skills
by the way, what soundtrack is it that you own? I have the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (which is AMAZING) and am extremely jealous of this rare soundtrack you posses because I don't have 8 tracks and only 7. do you have some ultra secret score? how different is it from my copy?

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Eight tracks? Nope, I've got the Original Soundtrack too, as far as I know there isn't any other version. What I meant by Part Eight was the eighth part of Track 6 as divided up in the top of my picture. I should have marked the time of each part on the picture in retrospect, but you can still count it. Each pixel from left to right represents one second...except now that I look at it I neglected to put a download option on Deviantart. Whoops.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Pikatassu, please keep us informed on the movie rights in Finland.  Most peculiar that one nation would have cut scenes in the film, and nobody else would.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Over here a scene from LBT 6 was cut on the video version. While in the original version the scene after the sharptooth hurls the hollow logs with the kids inside across the canyon is followed by a scene in which they are debating on whether they have been eaten. That scene was missing in the German video version where the scene with Petrie looking out of the log followed right after it was hurled across the canyon. On the DvD version the image(s) of the scene are in the German version but without any sound to it. It is surprising that this would work the other way round (the original having less scenes than a translation) but in case the translation was done at an early stage (when the final cut had not been completed) this might be a reason for additional material in the Finnish version.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Aug 10 2010 on  09:56 AM
- - but in case the translation was done at an early stage (when the final cut had not been completed) this might be a reason for additional material in the Finnish version.
Yeah this is what I suspected as well. If they have acquired the rights they'll show it on the christmasday like before, I think.

Spiketail

• Ruby
    • View Profile
In case nobody else has recently browsed DonBluth.com, Gary Goldman has released another slightly different answer to the famous deleted scenes question:

"The scenes were deleted from the work print during a meeting with Steven Spielberg and George Lucas after a screening in late April of 1988, to reduce the more frightening scenes within the sharptooth attack of Littlefoot and Cera through the briars. Most of these scenes were in pencil test, not yet in color. The actual drawings may still be in the film's archive, now at Universal, but there is no negative film of these scenes. So a "director's cut" is completely out of the question. Further, we would have to get Universal, Steve and George to all agree that it would be worth the time and cost to complete these scenes to color, cut them into the negative and prepare a new master color print and inter-positive to strike a new digital master for DVD and DVD Blu-ray production. The chances of that, I believe, are nil. Looking back, I wish that we would have just finished the scenes to color with painted backgrounds and filmed them, just in case there would be a call for an original "director's cut" - but, alas, we did not. Thanks again for your inquiry."

I have to ask though, if there really was no negative made of those scenes, how did one of those shots find its way into a TV spot? How did the rest of the deleted scenes mentioned on this board find their way onto Finnish TV and in the hands of skilled dubbers? Seeing how popular the original film is, if Gary did ask Lucas and Spielberg about restoring the cut, even if those scenes may not be recoloured, I reckon it would make a bootful of money, but only if marketed correctly.

Pikkutassu, I really do hope they show the uncut version on Finnish TV. The worst case scenario would be that the station could show a new print of the film and not the version you saw all those years ago. At least they are open enough to listen to viewer's comments, unlike a lot of stations these days.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
:blink: This topic is old. But I can understand why its so popular. Trying to find a bunch of cut scenes is like trying to find a bunch of ancient dinosaur bones. If they are trying to buy the rights can they at least make one more LBT closely related to the original? And released in theaters?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just posting in this topic to say that I placed an advertisement on a populair dutch site which is very much like Ebay, but free. I asked for people with recorded VHS tapes of the land before time, which included the scenes shown on the pictures on the first page. I said I would give 10 euros for the tape, which is a very high price for a VHS, but totally worth it if someone has the original cutscenes.

Because to be honest with you, I cannot remember whether the version I saw in 1995 was cut or uncut, I was only 2 years old! But if it has been there in Finland, I wonder why not somewhere else in Europe either ;)? I also posted a notice on the dutch land before time website, now all I will do is wait patiently.

Perhaps pikkatassu or another finnish member can try the same in their country?

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hopefully there is somebody with a tape.  I know from my old VHS tapes that the visual quality has become very very poor.

What would interest me is why they, beside the sharptooth scenes, also deleted conversations and changed the scene order.  Through that there is a different story and also some facts about the relationship we don't know. I can't imagine that Ducky with some berries in front of Spike hurts a child.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Aug 23 2010 on  09:37 AM
Just posting in this topic to say that I placed an advertisement on a populair dutch site which is very much like Ebay, but free. I asked for people with recorded VHS tapes of the land before time, which included the scenes shown on the pictures on the first page. I said I would give 10 euros for the tape, which is a very high price for a VHS, but totally worth it if someone has the original cutscenes.

Because to be honest with you, I cannot remember whether the version I saw in 1995 was cut or uncut, I was only 2 years old! But if it has been there in Finland, I wonder why not somewhere else in Europe either ;)? I also posted a notice on the dutch land before time website, now all I will do is wait patiently.

Perhaps pikkatassu or another finnish member can try the same in their country?
I did this and put announcements everywhere, got 1 response from someone who had the tape but then he just disappeared.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Does anybody know which scene the following picture shows? I found it on a page with some animation cels.