The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky

Petrie. · 91 · 15027

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Official information called her an Anatosaurus(now synonimous with Edmontosaurus), Saurolophus and Parasaurolophus.

She most closely resembles a Saurolophus, then an Edmontosaurus. She is not a Parasaurulophus, because lambeosaurines appeared in LBT and they have different crests compared to Ducky's species.

EDIT: Malte beat me to it.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks,i guess you are right,she seems to be a saurolophus.Or a weird edmontosaurus&parasaurolophus hybrid :lol

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I had a theory that Ducky's species was originally intended to be Edmontosaurus/Anatosaurus, but the animators added a Saurolophus crest because it made her cuter, more interesting-looking, and/or more expressive (anyone else notice how her crestówhich should realistically be an immobile bony spikeóflexes and moves around in accordance with her emotions, such as drooping slightly when she's sad?). That would explain why she's called an Anatosaurus in the promotional material, though for all intents and purposes she was turned into a Saurolophus as soon as that design change (if it occurred) was made. :p Regardless of what sources call her, Malte and jansenov are correct; between the dimensions of her bill and the size and shape of her crest, Ducky most closely resembles a Saurolophus.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Perhaps her father was a Saurolophus and her mother is an Anatosaurus.  They may not be humans, but hey, this is the LBT universe we're talking about.  Anything is possible ;)  :p.

As for her mobile crest, as many falls as she's taken, maybe she broke it and now it can't fuse back together :lol.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I find her cute, but she is a little annoying. Her voice in the first movie was adorable, her second voice was annoying, and her third one was pretty good. She, aswell as Petrie, Ruby, and Spike, need to learn how to speak properly.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Being the youngest I can see why Spike could not speak in the 1st movie.  No idea why they altered his size between scenes.  & Since he is the youngest he could have spoken his first word at the end of the 1st movie, before the end or in the 2nd movie somewhere.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ducky :wub

She's my favourite character because...
- she looks so cute
- she acts very cute
- of her way of speech( mainly yep, yep, yep ; no(pe), no(pe), no(pe), but also some others)
- of her funny quotes( especially from the original)
- of her character(always(almost) friendly and welcoming, credulous, funny, overjoyed and in a good mood, but also she cries a lot, which often makes her even cuter)
- she likes to hug her friends(especially Petrie can't get enough of them :P:)

I also like that she's Spikes "sister", their relationship as siblings is something that I really like!
Inactive, probably forever.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have a question concerning a not so famous speech pattern of Ducky...

She sometimes uses something like asked-ed or eat-ed. On which occasions does she do it? I'd like to know because I'd really like to refer to her speech pattern correctly both in fanfiction and RP's and I'm afraid I'm not able to discover the rule behind it myself..

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
She also says harderer once (in the TV series I believe). Her repetitive lines and reduplication of final syllables endign in a difficult consonant indicate that she has trouble with language fluency. Children usually overcome these difficulties at the age of 18 to 24 months, but it seems Ducky (of the sequels at least) is a more difficult case.

The only rule that I could establish is that Ducky makes these kinds of mistakes more often when she can't fully focus on her speech, when she is concentrating, agitated or excited by something.

One more thing. Although her famous lines may have started as mistakes, they've grown on others to such an extent that Ducky decided to make them trademarks of hers, and she will sometimes say them on purpose.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, thanks a lot :yes

Cloud5001

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I've always loved Ducky even as a kid, she's so cute and innoncent. Yet as I rewatch the movies I notice she can be a bit snarky sometimes especially towards Cera which I find just hilarious. I really like how everyone in the group is just really protective of her, specifically Littlefoot, Spike, and Chomper.