The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Littlefoot's Grandparents

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Personally, I have never heard of such a thing before, but since I don’t have much expertise on the subject at hand, I cannot say for certain whether that could be possible or not. It would technically make sense, but Grandpa could have got that disease from anywhere and there’s no official confirmation of that happening in the first place. Therefore, it’s all big gamble. This is a pretty interesting sentiment you just thought about.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
While it's true that smoke ascends, I still feel like the bulk of smoke inhalation issues would happen on the ground since the smog would still be thickest there in a non-enclosed space. You do bring up good points about Grandpa's age though, and if the sequels were ever more interconnected (besides the TV series and XIV making an attempt), this would be a nifty tie-in.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
This is a pretty good theory in my opinion, but the more I think about it, it does fall a bit flat. Yes, he’s old and more susceptible to serious ailments at this point, so inhaling a lot smoke wouldn’t be good to his lungs and organs. However, I wouldn’t think it would cause a disease that would be easily curable with a simple one time remedy, such as the Night Flower. I felt like the smoke should’ve brought on a condition that was chronic, slowly getting worse overtime. Probably something to do with pulmonary or cardio issues. What I’m saying is that the smoke would cause his already fragile body to deteriorate even further, and at that point there’s little you can do to slow it down. It would be interesting to see a different scenario where, yes, he’s sick in the fourth movie, but he’ll still live on his normal life. What nobody would know however is how long he would survive for.

I do fear that his lifespan was maybe shortened, but I don’t think the LBT writers would want to show another character dying...right? Hmm...

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...