The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

humans vs great valley dinosaurs

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It depends, actually. If a human, or group of humans, had powerful guns, the humans would win almost everytime (depending how tough the skins of the dinosaurs were). But if it were without manmade weapons, using just natural weapons like fists, the dinosaurs would have a better chance.

Whether or not a single human could beat Hyp, Nod, and Mutt unarmed is questionable. I would think that the trio are larger than a human and would be tough to beat. But if a gun or knife is utilized, the human may have a better chance.

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
normel attacks like my explosion kick would make hyp flich and cry out in pain.

and if i did a battle stance like Mr. satan, hyp would run away.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Hyp is the only one you'd even have a remote chance of beating with your  bare hands and only if you are extremely fit and strong.

His species were quite small (~50 Lbs)

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have my doubts, to be honest. A human kick to a dinosaur of Hyp's size might not do a lot of damage, especially considering the thick skin and lightly thick muscle underneath it. This is where aiming at weak points comes in handy. This is just a guess, but Hyp's weak point would be his legs. Although I don't think it would cause anymore damage than pain and bruising.

Now as for Hyp running away from a battle stance, I don't see the logic in that. One kick is not going to make Hyp afraid, in my opinion, because not much damage would have been dealt (unless, of course, the kicker has taken martial arts of some kind and learned how to inflict more damage). For Hyp to run away, a lot more, in my opinion, would have to be done. If he was nearly killed, for instance, he'd see a reason to run away. Or if the human posed like a sharptooth, that might make him run away because of instinct.

I don't mean to offend you and I apologize if I did. I'm just trying to look at this in a logical manner. I've seen many programs on dinosaurs, read books on dinosaurs, so I'm using that knowledge to make my own guess on whether or not something is possible in regards to human/dinosaur conflict.

I agree with Serris. Hyp would be the easiest to beat, but even then it would be tough without a gun. Mutt's species were much larger and heavier, likely more physically strong as well. And Nod has armor and spikes protecting him.

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
mutt would dazzled by my moves. I think you recall Mr. satan's rolling attack in dragon ball.

I myself have done that move in the park at ajax and it works parfectly for me.

mutt mybe thick-headed but he knows when he's beat.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The only thing I would need would be an A-10 then I'd be able to beat all of the Great Valley dinosaurs.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mutt is a coward. I don't think you'd have to actually hurt him to scare him away. Although, he might fight in the end, depending on the situation.

Now as for the move working on Ajax, that's against another human (am I right?). Dinosaurs are built differently than a human. Just because an attack would work on a human doesn't mean the same thing would work on a dinosaur in the same way.

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
it would work.

i'd run at mutt, dive and roll along the ground right at him and say "rolling attack JOSIAH PUNCH!"

[Bang, bash, ohh!]

he'd be done in a minute.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No, he wouldn't. remember Dinos have different weak spots than humans do, in reality unless you were trained in martial arms, punching a dinosaur would break your hand, especially if its armored...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Feb 17 2009 on  09:39 PM
This is just a guess, but Hyp's weak point would be his legs.
The only area that I can see a human actually damaging on Hyp are his eyes. But actually getting close enough to preform an eye gouge on him is extremely unlikely. Knee joints tend to be the weaker part of the body.

However, if weaponry, even sticks or rocks are involved; everything changes... That's assuming Hyp and Mutt don't go for weaponry as well. Of course throwing sand or dirt in their eyes could allow you to escape or find a weapon.

And even then they'd only work well on Hyp. As for Mutt... possible but extremely unlikely. However, there is a case where a man killed a fully grown female bear with a stick in self defense so I'm not saying it's not possible. Nod, forget it, it's like trying to stop a car by beating with a stick.

Firearms or knives... no contest. A stab or gunshot wound has almost no equivalent in their world (except claw and tooth inflicted stab wounds).

Fighting Nod with your bare hands is like trying to take down an armored car with your bare hands. It's not happening.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dinosaurs likely had tougher hides and thicker muscle than a human. I believe that human punches would almost always not do a lot of damage. This is why I think weapons are required to having a real chance against a dinosaur. Physical attacks likely won't do much damage.

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
these are my Fighting Techniques i can use on them:

explosin kick

Mr. Satan used dynimate kick against Perfect Cell with no effect.

my attack has to have some effect.

Human punch

gift for you

This is one of my humorous last resort moves.

Like mr satan's presaent bomb The attack consists of me dashing towards my opponent, stopping at the last second, handing my opponent a giftwrapped box , then running off as my opponent is distractedly playing the portable game. I then push a remote-control button to make the handheld game explode.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The portable game attack will likely not work. Dinosaurs have no concept of what a video game is, so they are not going to be playing it. If anything, they'd think it was food and try to eat it.

Again, I stick to what I said before. A human, physically, has little to no chance against a dinosaur realistically. A dinosaur would win almost every time (unless they were very small, like compsognathuses). A humans' best chance is to use weapons.

The only way I think a human could win physically is if they have superpowers, which no human has in real life.

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Fine. it has it in its mouth. the press the remote then step back! BA-BA BOOM!!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That reminds me of Dino Crisis, one of the endings anyway. In one of the endings, Regina, the main protagonist, throws some kind of bomb into the T-Rex's mouth and she presses a button, which detonates the bomb inside the T-Rex's mouth or body (not sure if it swallowed or not).

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Humans would have to use weapons against most dino's if they ever fought. Compys could be fought off by a human in small numbers.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some dinos are more capable and as mentioned their skin may be tougher, look at human skin compared to Crocodile skin, it seems tougher.  Also as mentioned the anatomical weak points may be different in a dino & would need to be studied.  One would need to study their weak points.  Also some experienced ones like Doc seem to have, more or less, made up their own fighting styles and techniques.  Also as for fighting the bullies they seem to stick together and they may remain together.  Also some dinos have natural built in weapons as well like Nod's spikes, a iguanadon and some others.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Actually, Nod's spikes were more akin to the slat armor found on some armored vehicles. They were not weaponry, though like the driver of an armored vehicle, he could resort to ramming or crushing his opponent.

Also one thing that I was thinking about: (mentioned in Twilight Valley) groin attacks. I'm assuming they would not work (as well) as the organs in question are internal. But at the same time I'd imagine a powerful blow to the genitals would be extremely painful.

Crocodilian skin is tougher thanks to the scutes.

As for weapons, small arms and melee weapons are useless against the larger creatures (Doc, Dara, Sue etc.). For them you'd need something like shoulder fired missiles or 20 mm cannon.

For the smaller ones (Topsy, Mama Swimmer, Mutt's father, Chomper's parents) melee weapons are (nearly) useless but high caliber rifle rounds would work. Note that I say melee weapons are nearly useless because a group of Humans with melee weapons could take 1 of them down. Of course, if the bipeds decide to do something like grab a tree branch or a rock to use as a weapon then the odds of a melee victory decrease. And yes, I'd assume that the LBT dinos would grab the nearest thing to use as a weapon if they had to (LBT IV - stone throwing, though it's more of a distraction but it still can be weaponized).

For the human scale (Ruby, Hyp, Rainbowface-type, etc.), almost all firearms will work. Melee weapons would work too, but if the biped grabs a weapon, all bets are off.