The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Borderlands 2

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This may be a bit late, but whatever.

I absolutely love this game. It's a huge improvement over the first game in so many ways.

First off, the characters and story have been upgraded. The playable characters and the ones from the first game actually have personality this time around. This time our Vault Hunters consist of:

Axton as The Commando
Maya as The Siren
Salvador as The Gunzerker
Gaige as The Mechromancer (DLC)
Zer0 as The Assassin

I've just completed my first play-through with Zer0; whom is probably my favorite because he mostly speaks in Haiku.

And Handsome Jack is such a great villain. He now ranks in my three favorite villains; alongside Discord (MLP: FiM) and Lord Shen (Kung Fu Panda 2).

Leave your thoughts about the game here.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I definitely want to pick up this up as soon as I have enough money for it. It seems like the kind of game where you can have a ton of fun with your friends. And Tiny Tina looks like an awesome character :lol

I haven't played the first Borderlands though, would I be lost with the story in this one or will I be able to pick it up as I go along? I've tried looking around for the answer but nobody's said anything about it.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I'm currently a lvl 31 Gunzerker approaching end game (I think) but I've been having so much fun playing BL2. I think it's the comedy in this game that gets me every time. Just when I think they've done or said something outrageous, they go and top it with something else. Everything from the characters, some of the special guns (like The Bane and the sniper rifle that tries to put you on a guilt trip for wasting ammo by reloading and shaming you for headshotting enemies claiming "They might have been a nice person if you got to know them!"  :lol )

It's good to see an old formula revamped. Some argue it's more of a 1.5 than a completely new game but even so, I see no shame in that. Everything's been upped in some means or another. And the explosive reloads? Genius!  :DD I quite like the Badass ranking Challenge system and how the little bonuses you apply to your character actually work for ALL characters you play with. So by going through the game with one character, you can start a second character with the attribute bonuses you've collected along the way with your first character giving you a little bit of a better chance for survival.

It's definitely a game you want to play with friends though. I've tried playing with randoms but all you happen to get is people "ninja-looting" (that's the appropriate term apparently :lol) anything and everything that hits the ground or you find in chests. At least with friends you can negotiate or ask if they want that particular gun/shield/nade mod etc.

I haven't played the first Borderlands though, would I be lost with the story in this one or will I be able to pick it up as I go along? I've tried looking around for the answer but nobody's said anything about it.

I wouldn't say you have to have played the first one to get into this one bushwacked. It helps if you know a bit about the back story but it doesn't hamper your experience by NOT knowing. There are a few throwbacks and references to the first game but if it goes over your head you won't notice. The only real thing you need to know is that the playable characters of the first game are you NPC guides in this one.