The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

There's Going To Be A Star Wars 7

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Read it here.

*deep breath* NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe something good comes out of it, who knows. But I must say Disney is becoming freaking big. Its assets are worth as much as Coca Cola's!

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep, just heard about this. I second what Jansenov said. Disney's a freaking giant now. I've got mixed feelings on this myself. Guess we'll just have to see what comes of it.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Even if it's good, I'm frankly tired of Star Wars at this point.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
At this point, Star Wars is never going away. Some interesting things could come out of it, but I'm not hoping for anything in particular.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if it'll be good or bad.  I guess only time will tell, though if information starts to come out who is working on the project that may be some clues if it may be good or bad.  I also wonder what era it'll be set in.  Lots of room.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Shrugs, nobody is forced to watch it. I admit I am surprised about these news since from what I had heard (a while ago) George Lucas had plans for at least five season of the Clone Wars cartoon (a series I enjoy watching).

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hopefully, it will based off of Timothy Zahn's novels.(Heir To The Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command.)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I remember reading and really enjoying those novels.  

As I recall, it was maybe in the 80's, there was a newspaper article in the local newspaper, an interview I think where Lucas talked about planning a parts 7-9.  Later on when folks asked him about where episodes 7-9 were I recall reading that he had scrapped parts 7-9 since he realized the first 6 parts were about Anakin Skywalker & I think he mentioned something about it being anticlamitic or something.  Then more recently I read he denies having any plans for 7-9.  Though that is another topic.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, it's not like Disney could do any more bad to Star Wars than George Lucas already has anyway...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
lucas has made a mint off of star wars. and yes i agree its tired at this point. give it a rest. i mean its not as if duisney doesnt sequelize its own stuff, but noiw its got the marvel characters and star wars..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know. The franchise has pretty much lost all its luster at this point.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode 7: Return of the Jar Jar...

Really, I doubt there's much Disney could do to it that George Lucas hasn't already done.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Nov 1 2012 on  01:33 AM
Really, I doubt there's much Disney could do to it that George Lucas hasn't already done.
The Thrawn Trilogy.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Nov 1 2012 on  02:01 AM
The Thrawn Trilogy.
I meant in terms of making it worse.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Disney bought rights to Star Wars? Or are they just getting permission to distribute the movie and the actual rights belong to someone else?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Nov 1 2012 on  02:09 AM
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Nov 1 2012 on  02:01 AM
The Thrawn Trilogy.
I meant in terms of making it worse.
Oh.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Nov 1 2012 on  07:53 AM
Disney bought rights to Star Wars? Or are they just getting permission to distribute the movie and the actual rights belong to someone else?
Disney bought Lucasfilm for a little over 4 billion dollars. They pretty much own everything Star Wars related now.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, looks like they are already taking a step in the right direction.  The writer is the same guy who did Toy Story 3.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...-of-Toy-Story-3

Considering how good that movie was, it makes me wonder what he can do with Star Wars.  Only time will tell, I guess. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be interesting. As long as they don't go into what I read happens to one of Laia & han's kids, just a repeat of what happened before.  They can be totally original.  There is a lot of area to do stories in. The kids or grand kids of the folks in episodes 4-6, a time after that, or 1 or more thousands of years before episode 4, where the 2 kotor games happen and the knights of the old republic comics that dark horse did.