The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Whatcha playin'?

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I just got into playing Skylanders Battlegrounds, and I'm doing exceptionally well with it.  :smile

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I completed Tomb Raider and loved it. Now onto the multiplayer! :DD

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Had three different games on the go and got the Easter holidays to get them finished before work takes precedence again.

Played and finished Bioshock Infinite and loved every moment of it. The "expected twist" is a good one but it's a bit difficult to follow first time around. Playing it a second time around on a harder setting so I can now see what all the subtle references mean. A very clever piece of work and well crafted too.

Currently working through Tomb Raider and enjoying that too. Reckon I'm approaching end game as things are pulling together and revelations are being made.

Also, about a third of the way through Dead Space 3 but I've been playing this co-op with a friend who has since gone onto other games. Looks like I'm gonna have to finish this one solo.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I've completed Metal Gear Rising a few days ago and I'm playing it again. :DD

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm thinking of getting The Last of Us today. IGN gave it a perfect score (I don't believe in perfect scores myself :p) and it's been pretty highly acclaimed. Thinking of checking it out to see what all the fuss is about. I DO like Naughty Dog's Uncharted series, and Jak and Daxter before that, so yeah... the game's probably good.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Playing the Last of Us and so far... it's living up to the reviews. 0_0 WOW it's a good game!

(runner up)
(runner up)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pterano,Jun 14 2013 on  04:32 PM
Playing the Last of Us and so far... it's living up to the reviews. 0_0 WOW it's a good game!
I was expecting a good game, but I was not expecting to be hooked so quickly. That beginning sequence is so well done.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ I know! I just can't put this down! The beginning was fantastic and really set the mood, and the rest of the game is just gripping as well!

(runner up)
(runner up)

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Zuma Deluxe in PC. :p  :DD  :smile  :lol
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pterano,Jun 14 2013 on  08:48 PM
^ I know! I just can't put this down! The beginning was fantastic and really set the mood, and the rest of the game is just gripping as well!
I plan to get the game once my operation done next week. So your making me jealous. :lol

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Just started playing The Last of Us. Only about 2.5 hours in and it's already been amazing. Can't wait to see how the rest of it pans out.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Civilization 4. I've never played Civ games before but I've seen people play it. Starting at the easiest level so that I won't get stumped :p So far I still prefer other strategy games (Age of Empires) but it's still good to get into a 'new' game.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dragon's Dogma.  
Dear god that game is fun.  
So...much...freedom!

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm playing State of Decay and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mr Wonk,Jun 17 2013 on  03:10 PM
How is State of Decay? It sounded good, but did it execute well?

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Jun 17 2013 on  03:26 PM
It is really good but it does have a few problems. When you set up base things happen really fast, too fast and you have to act fast too make sure things don't go down hill. I go into it more, Zombies are popping up around your home base. You have a lot of guns so your able to deal with the zombies but people are tired all the time because no one can get to sleep hearing gun shots all day and night.

You also have to take in mind that you yourself will louse stamina and at some point and you need to rest. So you will have to switch to a different character to give the other character a rest but because of the gun shots that character may be tired which means less stamina to run away or attack zombies.  

Back to my point to stop the 100 of zombies on the streets and the ones attacking your home base you need to stop the infestations that keep making the zombies appear which can easily become your doom because it only takes one mistake for you to become one or die.

With that in mind you have a lot of side missions popping up all the time which can be very overwhelming. Some of the missions might be saving a survivor or another one might be killing a certain type of zombie with a another survivor helping you out. Of course if you don't do the side mission then the survivors might get killed or get lost in the fight that took place so YOU must do them or take a chance and hope there don't die.

One problem I've notice is that the AI/NPC's can be a bit dumb sometimes and one time I lost one in a lake. Of course the best thing to do is leave them there so there respawn at the base again. I hope undead labs do a update for the game soon because sometimes it does kill the fun. Anyway it's a great game and I would recommend you too buy it but it does need a few patches to fix a few problems and to give out more tutorials so you know how to cope when things do go down hill because in some cases I've had to look online to find out what I had to do next or to stop everyone in my home base becoming an zombie. I hope this helped. :DD

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mr Wonk,Jun 17 2013 on  05:25 PM
Quote from: Justin1993,Jun 17 2013 on  03:26 PM
It is really good but it does have a few problems. When you set up base things happen really fast, too fast and you have to act fast too make sure things don't go down hill. I go into it more, Zombies are popping up around your home base. You have a lot of guns so your able to deal with the zombies but people are tired all the time because no one can get to sleep hearing gun shots all day and night.

You also have to take in mind that you yourself will louse stamina and at some point and you need to rest. So you will have to switch to a different character to give the other character a rest but because of the gun shots that character may be tired which means less stamina to run away or attack zombies.  

Back to my point to stop the 100 of zombies on the streets and the ones attacking your home base you need to stop the infestations that keep making the zombies appear which can easily become your doom because it only takes one mistake for you to become one or die.

With that in mind you have a lot of side missions popping up all the time which can be very overwhelming. Some of the missions might be saving a survivor or another one might be killing a certain type of zombie with a another survivor helping you out. Of course if you don't do the side mission then the survivors might get killed or get lost in the fight that took place so YOU must do them or take a chance and hope there don't die.

One problem I've notice is that the AI/NPC's can be a bit dumb sometimes and one time I lost one in a lake. Of course the best thing to do is leave them there so there respawn at the base again. I hope undead labs do a update for the game soon because sometimes it does kill the fun. Anyway it's a great game and I would recommend you too buy it but it does need a few patches to fix a few problems and to give out more tutorials so you know how to cope when things do go down hill because in some cases I've had to look online to find out what I had to do next or to stop everyone in my home base becoming an zombie. I hope this helped. :DD
It sounds solid enough. Thanks for the info.  :)