The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/04/sing...s-and-what.html

Pinkie Pie and the Rockin' Ponypalooza Party is due out July 2, 2013.

Synopsis: Pinkie Pie has always been a bit different from her very serious family. When she plans a Ponyville "rock" concert to support the family business, Pinkie's family doesn't like the idea. They just want her to be serious, for once. This is a real problem! Read along as Pinkie gets a little help from her friends in this original and brand-new adventure!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I hope Trixie and Babs become main characters.

Now let's hear some hopes that might actually happen.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Babs, yes, Trixie, no. Babs I can take semi-regular appearances, but as little Trixie as possible, the better.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No reason Babs can't' come to visit her cousin in Ponyville and stay for an episode, or even vice versa, no reason Applebloom, and maybe her cmc friends, can't go and visit Babs for an episode.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Apr 26 2013 on  07:03 PM
Luchadore ponies?
Looks like that to me.  Imagine what that spinoff would be like.     :lol

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
That just made me think: Mucha Lucha meets My Little Pony! What would that be like?  :blink:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Daddytops2009,Apr 25 2013 on  05:26 PM
Pinkie Pie and the Rockin' Ponypalooza Party is due out July 2, 2013.
Damn, I was hoping for an episode with genuine rock 'n roll or hard rock.

Anyways, I wonder what S4 will bring?

Also, am I the only one who thinks the first season was actually the weaker season? And that the seasons tend to get better as the show goes on?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Meghan McCarthy ?@MMeghanMcCarthy 27. apr

Dreamed I released video of me revealing Season 4 synopses. Message boards went crazy.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Equestria Girls Synopsis that explains how it's connected with MLP:FiM.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/05/cine...tria-girls.html

So, alternate dimension hopping that transforms Twilight into a human.  Yeah, I can buy that. :)

Trust me, with magic and dimension hopping, I've seen weirder. :D

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Eh, I'm not so hot of the Equestria Girls idea, but since it doesn't effect the main series, I can just ignore it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If i can see it, on youtube, I may watch it, but it sounds meh to me.  But wisely Hasbro has it not effecting the main series.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Man, the more I hear about Equestria Girls, the worse it sounds. I saw a picture of what the characters are going to look like and I had to wonder if this was going to be a My Little Pony movie or a Bratz movie. Seriously! They look like those awful Bratz dolls. And why are they going for an anthro look? Why not just make them fully human seeing as how Twilight is supposedly going to our world. Seeing Twilight learn how to be a human would be pretty interesting.

Also, seeing as how this is going to be set in high school(you know that won't end well), I have to ask a slightly off-topic question: Why does the media make high school out to be some great, magical experience? High school sucks. Maybe not as much as middle school but high school still sucks regardless. And not just high school but prom. I went to prom and it was one of the worst moments of my life. Awful music, no good food and on top of that, my prom was at the freakin' ZOO! What school holds a prom at a zoo? Oh, I hope there's not a prom subplot in this "movie".

For Friendship is Magic's first movie, I want to believe this could be good but everything that's been revealed has been pointing to that not being the case. Maybe I'll watch it sometime but my expectations are pretty much non-existent.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here's the strangest thing for the movie.  It's not the plot or the storyline.  Nor is it the fact they are going for an anthro look.  It's that the movie is only over a month away and there's no trailer for it.

Under all circumstances, wouldn't we have one by now?  Are they just expecting the hype of the show to make it popular or something?

Not to mention, it's only appearing in certain theaters on certain days.

For the first theatrical movie of the series, I was expecting bigger.  Something's up and I just know it, but what?

Any guesses?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be several reasons.  They may not want to put much money into promoting it to see how well it does, or expecting it to do well since it's a spinoff of a very popular franchise of theirs.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It could also be that they are treating it like other shows that get a small theatrical release.  In fact, there was a whole series in the mid-west called Kid-toon Films that put shows like Dinosaur Train on the big screen on weekend mornings as a family friendly choice (How many G films are in theaters nowadays, compared to fare for older people).  Maybe Hasbro is going this same route?