The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Got dragged to Equestria Girls. Biggest waste of my time, ever. It's not so much that the movie was horrible, it's that it was completely unnecessary. You want to see Equestria Girls? Just go to YouTube and rewatch FiM's Pilot 2-Parter episode. That's all this movie is, just with humans. This movie should have just been Twilight and the other PONIES going off on adventures. Equestria Girls is never going to become a thing, so they shouldn't even have tried. This whole venture was a big waste of time, but at least it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and that's the best thing I can say about this "film". The animation and artwork they went with had no business being in a theatre released movie. The film spends way too much time pointing out each pony as a human and it interrupts the flow, which was rushed, even without that. The setup at the beginning is at breakneck speed and so is the end.

The way they handled the villain's character development was really clunky from start to finish. Here you have here doing all these nasty things and then she suddenly turns good just 'cause she got zapped with the Elements? No. Just no. That only worked on Nightmare Moon because she was out of her mind and overtaken by her own powers. The villain has no such excuse.

The fact that the first major theater released FiM-related event did not feature them as ponies was rubbish. That's all I have to say on the matter.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I know of a link those who just can't/don't want to see it theaters.  However, I cannot post it at this topic due to legal issues.

The link at hand is of one who was daring enough to bring a video camera into the theater and record the footage.

For those willing, it's somewhere on EqD!  That's all I'll hint to you. ;)

Sadly, I cannot reveal more and I shall not watch it myself.  I do not wish to spoil myself before seeing it, as I already went to the trouble of asking for the day off.

That is all and I'll see ya later!

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Nah you complain to much I'm looking forward to seeing it I to have the day off and told my meetup group that'm going to see it with them so I must go and fill my task so I can give my own review on it not just other peoples reviews are. I for one didn't mind the animation and or story line. So I may love it like others who saw it did. So I must see it. and looking forward to it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Are you intentionally trying to piss me off, Petrie85? Alright, enough with the dismissive attitude towards anyone who even so much as hints that the film might have flaws. If you can't stand negative opinions of the film, then get out of here, because I'm not going to leave and I will continue to speak my mind concerning EQ.

You're really coming across as a jerk with a superior attitude. No, I did NOT complain too much, and you had no right to tell me that I did. It's my right to not like EQ if I found it severely lacking and it is also within my right to express my opinion of it.

If you wanna start something, Petrie85, then I'm more than willing to bring it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Let's not argue about this.  Some will like the movie, some will not, and others will be sorta 'Meh' about the movie.  

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tell that to Petrie85. I was content to just express my opinion and leave at that until he butted in with "Ah, you're just a whiner!"

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
The picture you posted Daddytops2009 is broken. And two more daysd until I see Equestria Girls move. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie badly. I never made fun of it once I kept saying this doesn't look as bad and I want to see it. And I am Saturday and I will give you my thoughts on it when I get home or Sunday morning.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I look forward to seeing what you think of the movie.

Forgot to mention, interesting review Phantom.   Think I"ll listen to it again later today.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if one could combine those and do some sort of random guesses for season 4.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I saw Equestria Girls and it kicked butt I actually liked it in a way. The songs where amazing and very heart warming and made me feel like I should do more to be helpful. The song's left a good mark on me. I would totally see it again. And I may even wanna buy the DVD When it comes out. The story was okay your everyday high school drama and bullies. There was some good funny parts in the movie. I gave the movie 1-10 a 8.5/10 a Good movie with a good meaningful message. Best part was the end Derpy made a cameo Hasbro loves the fans I applauded when I saw her at the end . That made the movie right there seeing Derpy what a great cameo in the movie end credits. Fantastic and good.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I watched Equestria Girls yesterday on my computer and I thought it was pretty good. While it doesn't necessarily do anything new with the high school prom plot, it did manage to make it enjoyable. Also, Spike was actually pretty funny and cute as a dog. Him being Twilight's brother would still have been a bit better in my opinion but I've warmed up to dog Spike.

The only two issues I saw with it are how Sunset Shimmer is defeated and the fact that in our world, the characters still have pony names. It just sounds weird hearing a girl, a human(although weirdly colored) girl with a name like Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash. Maybe as nicknames but for their actual names it's just strange.

Still, for their first movie, it wasn't too bad.

EDIT: I plan to give a more detailed review of it either tomorrow or the next day on my Deviantart journal. I'll link to it for anyone who wants to read.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I Can agree with you on that Animeboye. The weird subplot I was not prepared for was when she turned into a flying devil and snip and snail where also devils I was like okay kind of a different and a bit dark for a movie like this. And where I saw it the AMC theater in Lowell the employee was shocked that Equestria Girls was sold out. But I'd give it another shot.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
We have to wait sic months until season 4 airs. Hopefully it will be worth this long wait.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: Petrie85,Jun 30 2013 on  02:41 AM
I Can agree with you on that Animeboye. The weird subplot I was not prepared for was when she turned into a flying devil and snip and snail where also devils I was like okay kind of a different and a bit dark for a movie like this. And where I saw it the AMC theater in Lowell the employee was shocked that Equestria Girls was sold out. But I'd give it another shot.
Well what I actually meant was what happened after, how Sunset Shimmer suddenly becomes good. I didn't want to say anything about that because I didn't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it. The change just seemed too sudden for me. One minute she's a succubus thing ready to use her brainwashed teenage army to attack Equestria, then a minute later she's lying in a crater, crying and begging for forgiveness.

Also, season four starts in six months?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yep. Season 4 premieres in December. It's a long wait, but hey, as long as it gives the creators more time to...create, I don't mind.