The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, so now that I have my schedule for work that day, here is my plan for November 10th.

Up to 24 hours before the two parter airs - There will be no exact time frame as to when I'll do this, but up to 24 hours before the premiere, I will post links to where you can go to catch EqD Live Streams of the episodes when they air.  Prior to the episodes, the streams will have a number of things pony related being shown at the time.  I'll make sure to list them so you can pick your favorite time waster. :)

During the episodes - During the 2 parter, I will be putting up SPOILER NOTES.  This will be a post that will be constantly edited throughout the episode.  So if you want to be spoiled, keep an eye on it.

Right after the episodes - Once the episodes are over, I will give my first impression review on them.

1 to 3 hours after the episodes - At this point, the YouTube versions of them should be up, so I'll make sure to post the links for them.

So, that's my whole plan before I have to head for work.  Hope you all can enjoy it.

See ya later! :D

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Alicorn Twilight in the show's future?
Alicorn Twilight in the show's future?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Just curious about y'all.

Do you prefer steampunk or cyberpunk ponies?

Personally, I'm more of a fan of the cyberpunk style and well, I just think ponies and cyberpunk go well together.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Steampunk. It just works better with the state of technology in the show.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here for your reading pleasure is one of the fics that helped make Trixie such a popular character in the fandom.

Out in the Cold

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I've been thinking about this a bit but does anyone else think Spike kind of gets treated like crap by the Mane Six? Twilight treats him like a servant, Rarity sometimes treats him like a slave(Making him dig for gems or sticking pins in his back) or even like how in Return of Harmony when Celestia sends Twilight all her friendship reports at once which puts Spike in a great deal of pain. Maybe it's just me but I always thought Spike deserved more respect than he got.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Well, I don't really think they treat him as a slave, but the makers of the abridged series "Friendship is Witchcraft" have a running joke that none of them really care about Spike...a lot.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I've seen Friendship is Witchcraft. Some of the jokes geared towards Spike can be pretty funny(The Spike-a-pult or Spike's "emasculating" bowtie for instance) but some of them can get incredibly mean spirited such as
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJoYq0wKc4I...ture=plpp_video

It'll be interesting to see how they abridge Secret of My Excess. Maybe instead of Spike's greed causing him to grow, it'll be because of all the abuse he's suffered.

Anyway, back to the point, they might not all treat him like a slave but I do think there are times where they completely disregard his feelings(not intentionally mind you). Dragon Quest really showed this in the beginning with Rainbow Dash making fun of him and Rarity treating him more like a prized pet than a friend. I think that's one reason I didn't like that episode. The other reason being that we really don't learn anything about Spike, even though the episode synopsis made it sound like we would.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So Apple Bloom asks her cousin to join the Cutie Mark Crusaders and instead she decides to bully them instead? I really hope there's more to it than that because that just sounds like a generic bully episode.

You know what I want to see? A series or a movie that has a bully character but it explores why they're bullies. Bullies aren't as one dimensional as the media likes to make them out to be. Granted there are bullies who do what they do just because they like to be pricks but there are those that have other reasons for what they do: Maybe their lives at home aren't too good or they themselves are bully victims. Perhaps other kids treated them horribly and they bully others as a way of protecting themselves. I should know, I was bullied relentlessly through middle school(and part of high school) and I was even a bit of a bully in middle school. But seriously, bullying isn't as black and white as people think it is.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So season 3 starts in two days. What are you guys hoping for this season?

EDIT: Can't really think of anything I want. Just good episodes.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
It'd better be pretty damn impressive. I still haven't forgiven them for Derpygate, so it's going to take a lot to impress enough me to keep watching.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
F--- this!

Gah, I am tired of dealing with Conversion Bureau authors and fans.

I've seen some real s---heads in the Smash Bros, PokÈmon and MLP:FiM fandom.

But Conversion Bureau beats them all by at least an order of magnitude.

I've been in the TCB fandom (writing anti-TCB stories that show Humanity battling Equestria - either alone or with allies) since May 2012 and I've encountered more bastards in that time than I have in my 20+ years combined PokÈmon and Smash Bros fandom experience.

I swear this subfandom attracts the absolute scum of MLP:FiM fans.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.