The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Gang of Five Trivia Game

Petrie. · 99 · 9082

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Just thought of it while doing really nothing today at work.  Member posts something about the GOF (this board or the previous one) and we have to guess the answer.  Whoever gets it right can post the next question.

I think this will work nicely.

Question:  Of the five administrators here, which two were moderators before being promoted?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm.  I was here whene there were 4 admins but I know Action was one and I'm guessing Nick was the other one.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
That's a good guess because it was Nick.  Malte, Jason and myself have always been admins.

You can pose the next question F-14.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Just so it doesn't look like this is inactive (I know you're not around terribly often F-14).

What was the Gang of Five originally created for?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Just to give a hint to those twenty who looked at it without replying or guessing, browse up on your GOF history in the Announcements section. ;) ;)  Hopefully you didn't all forget that was there.  :lol:  :P:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
As a sucessor to the treestars.net forum?
...distant memories  :lol:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I'll take that....for those that didn't know what the treestars.net forum was it was an LBT art feedback forum I had made.  It got a name change when I changed the overall vision for what I wanted to do for an LBT site at that time.

Go ahead Malte.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The earliest predecessor of the GOF was dealing with two other dinosaur stories as well. Which were those two?

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Mar 20 2007 on  12:29 PM
The earliest predecessor of the GOF was dealing with two other dinosaur stories as well. Which were those two?
Hmm jurasic park and dink.
Just a guess as i just came here recently and only educated because i seen all the posts about dink on the n54 boards and sense theres a nice affiliate link for a jurasic park forum well:)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Jurrassic Park is correct, yet Dink is not. There is a post on the history of the GOF to be found in the Announcement section which may provide some answers (which I'm afraid couldn't easily be found any other way). Give us the name of the other dinosaur story the first predecessor forum of the GOF was about and the floor will be yours :yes

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's right  :yes
Now as novaflare and Stitch both gave a part of the answer the first of you who has another question may post it.  :yes

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I've a feeling that the ones who have been around the longest will be the most comfortable posing new questions.

Next question:

Excluding the spam fiasco years ago, how many members have been banned from the Gang of Five?

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
1? :p

The only member I ever saw banned was Cera. I always wondered why she was banned in the first place though. I tried to find every last post made by her to see if I could find anything seriously offensive, but I never found anything. She seemed like an interesting member (I found her exotic energy to be quite humorous :lol:).

I don't know if that information is classified or something :p LOL. It was way back in 2004. I just thought it was interesting because she seemed like a good-natured person.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
You know, I actually had to go back and check in on that because I was going to say 0, but you're correct....there is one banned member.  Me and her were on bad terms at the time and I didn't want her around.  

Think you got a trivia question LFF?

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmmm, yea sure :p ok, what were the names of the two member awards that had banners made for them, but were later disapproved? (One had its name changed, and the other was removed)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Gee I ought to know this and I don't. :p

I know the "New Member for 2006" award was originally called Shooting Star.  The other one I don't remember.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Since we're preparing the awards for this month I found the old suggestions topic from last year.  The award which was dropped was "Creative Member" because it was too vague (but we've got it settled for this year ;) ).