The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Isn't an adequate retrospective DVD overdue?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I think that it's about time for Universal Studios to publish a DVD of the original LBT, with never before seen scenes, director's and staff reviews, making of, "If we hold on together" video clip, and so on and so on... What do you think?  :rolleyes:
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Everyone here is going to agree. Those in charge haven't shown any sign of agreeing yet. Unless they expect to make some money with it it won't ever come. With public interest likely to be increased by the TV series (once it starts) I reckon there might perhaps be a chance for such a DvD, including some of the deleted scenes or the like.
One thing I'm sometimes wondering about is, what if all that happened. What if tomorrow we had a land before time movie with Ali returning, one with each character we ever hoped to return turning up again, and a DvD of the original movie with all the outcut scenes and everything we ever hoped for. What would we be hoping for next?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'd actually be pretty well satisfied!  :yes  All I really want out of the series is good sequels, the special Edition DvD of the original movie, and now I want the series to be good.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Just hope if they re-release anything in the near future they don't get stupid and do it in Blu-ray or HD-DVD.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Hmm... I think I'd still want to see new adventures, although some of the sequels weren't that good, I can't think of not ever seeing a new episode of lbt, still everything as its time and its end \:
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
A good addition on this dvd if it ever comes out might include the explanation that LBT was shot in open matte and is NOT in widescreen.  There never was a widescreen version because it was never shot in widescreen--neither was NIMH, Tail, or All Dogs.  This has been reported before on donbluth.com but I guess people don't go there.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
that would be great although including the missing scenes would be pretty slim, but I would defenatly get it for the "making of" documentry.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It would be nice if they had done that for one of the anniversaries to have a making of with some interviews.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
I think that if someone was determined enough, they could actually re-animate the missing scenes. All they would need would be animation skill and a bit of imagination. Of course, the scenes would need to be voiced, but that could be dealt with. After all, didn't they reanimate and voice a scene for the new lion king dvd?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
^ Yeah and Simba sung like a little soul singer in that scene. :x

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm hoping for anything. Absolutely anything. That would be a sign the franchise isn't dead yet.