The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Regarding ANY LBT 14 Topics

Petrie. · 468 · 71058

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Okay this just got a little more interesting.  Every listed actor/actress now has some mention LBT 14 on their wikipedia pages.  If this is yet another joke then the prankster is getting more elaborate then any other in the past.  Still nothing to be truly excited about though (I say as my heart beats a mile a minute at the possibility) as I cannot find any connection between these actors and an LBT 14 anywhere outside of wikipedia.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We'll just have to keep our eyes open for sources cited as time goes by :p.  I remember this happening with LBT XIII as well.  I dunno if it's just my imagination, but how is it that Wikipedia seems to get such information before any sources can be found online :huh:?  My only suspicion at this time is that a Universal employee posted it :p.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If this is a prank, then it's been done rather well.  Seriously, based on the fact that the chosen voice actors have the information on their bios, it is quite well done.  Seriously, you put it up on Wikipedia, who's going to believe it? :P:

However, on the off chance that it's not...

:celebrate Hurray!!  New Movie!! :)

Seriously though, I'm not hoping for much with this. -_-

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I did a little digging and I found a couple interesting things.  I'm tired though so I'll share my findings tomorrow, night GOFers!

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
I'm pretty sure that is fake. Firstly it involves real life religions. Secondly and so on are the reasons in the previous posts.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
While I am not saying that it could never happen I am extremely doubtful about this one. When I wrote that there is nothing on the actors' pages on the movie I meant pages other than wikipedia (where indeed there were such entries yesterday as well). I do not know what makes people pull of such elaborate pranks, but it does happen.
I'm not out to take away any hope but unless there is something more reliable than Wikipedia or certain other unofficial pages to base the hope on I reckon it is too early to put up any celebrating smilies.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Quote from: Malte279,Dec 2 2009 on  03:44 AM
While I am not saying that it could never happen I am extremely doubtful about this one. When I wrote that there is nothing on the actors' pages on the movie I meant pages other than wikipedia (where indeed there were such entries yesterday as well). I do not know what makes people pull of such elaborate pranks, but it does happen.
I'm not out to take away any hope but unless there is something more reliable than Wikipedia or certain other unofficial pages to base the hope on I reckon it is too early to put up any celebrating smilies.
True I guess its fun. I played a really big prank on a web and got banned but it was fun.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: raga,Dec 2 2009 on  01:52 AM
Okay this just got a little more interesting.  Every listed actor/actress now has some mention LBT 14 on their wikipedia pages.  If this is yet another joke then the prankster is getting more elaborate then any other in the past.  Still nothing to be truly excited about though (I say as my heart beats a mile a minute at the possibility) as I cannot find any connection between these actors and an LBT 14 anywhere outside of wikipedia.
If it just appeared then it's way too good timing to not be a prank.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'd recommend remaining skeptical on anything other than an official word from the studio themselves.

There is no point in keeping a 14th movie under wraps. If they were making it, they would officially announce it with a proper website, or at least a statement of some sort.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Best to remain skeptical indeed till one has official word.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
If this were to be a prank, it would have worked out much better as an April Fool's joke or something.

I wouldn't say it's too much research just to pull off a prank. If you remember a couple years ago, IGN hired a bunch of unknown actors and produced a trailer for a Legend of Zelda movie. There had always been speculation that a movie would be released, so when the trailer came out everybody assumed it was real. Unfortunately, it was released on April 1st, so the next day it was announced on IGN's website that the trailer was a prank.

So I wouldn't assume that this is too small or too good timing to be a prank because with a little research anybody can really fool people with a good prank.

Here's a link to the Zelda prank trailer so you have an idea what I mean:

Zelda Movie Trailer Prank

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I went searching through the edit histories of the LBT 14 page and of the actors/actress selected and I found some odd things, although still no evidence to make me realistically consider this authentic.

The page was originally created by a wikipedia user named Scratte2, who according to wikipedia doesn't actually exist (I'm not quite sure what to make of that, considering he does have an edit history).  I looked through a few other edits to other pages this user has done and what I found has been the largest piece of evidence against this claim of a new movie.  The user has done a few very small edits on other pages, all edits of which were quickly removed by other users, suggesting that this user isn't very reliable.  The LBT 14 page its self has had two other users edit it.  One put up some obviously fake plot story about Jesus coming down and telling everybody their going to be extinct, blah blah blah.  The final editor removed the fake Jesus story.  No one else has touched the page.

As for the actors/actress as of last night every one of them has a reference to their supposed part in LBT 14 except for Jim Cummings (Supposedly voicing Petrie).  Jordan Nagai (Littlefoot) had LBT 14 added to his page yesterday by the user Gran2.  From what I can tell Gran2 does not seem like someone who spends his time playing jokes, he is a very active member and a large player in the Simpsons wiki.  For the other actors I found something VERY bizarre.  Their pages were all altered by a single person (I'll refer to him/her as 67 since thats the first two digits of his IP address).  Now the weird part of this is that 67 altered them on November 15th while the LBT 14 page wasn't created until November 28th.

I still don't have a reason to believe this claim but if it is a hoax, it is a rather strange one.  I'm still not quite sure what to make of it, but don't get you're hopes up, there is still no reason to  believe in this.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
If the article is legit (Man I gotta stop using words from school.) than we will go from there. Personally I've been watching the LBT article for a while on Wikipedia while also checking several other articles in the process and I have stumbled upon several fake titles for the LBT that started to make me think and open my eyes. The person or persons doing this are really desperate! I mean someone went as far as stating Sharptooth Valley was actually going to be a real spin off the LBT films and would appear on SciFi. Yes I was laughing at the person who put Sharptooth Valley as an actual film and I think the person that did it may have been reading Sharptooth Valley a lot! Doesn't surprise me one bit. Ain't going to work however cause when I'm around and I'm on Wikipedia the King makes changes(Most of the time). :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
If this were to be a prank, it would have worked out much better as an April Fool's joke or something.
Just for the record, while the admins of this board are notorious for their April fool pranks you can rest assured that there won't be any from us that would promote the spread of rumors or the raising of falls hopes.
I really don't see anything about this whole thing to suggest it to be anything more than a false rumor. By the way there had been false rumors on LBT actors before. On one occasion there was a false claim according to which Dakota Fanning was to take over the role of Ducky. There never was any reasonable connection and not the slightest bit of truth about it but the rumor was posted anyway
So lets stick to legit facts.

PS: Thank you for teaching me a new word Jasper :lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: JitteryDragon,Dec 2 2009 on  07:39 AM
There is no point in keeping a 14th movie under wraps. If they were making it, they would officially announce it with a proper website, or at least a statement of some sort.
Ever think of the possibility that a Universal employee could have a Wikipedia account and has posted this information :huh:?  Perhaps his/her boss at Universal has no idea this information is out there yet, and this said employee would not want to get into hot water for leaking too much information.  Aren't the employees normally required to keep these projects a secret until they're permitted by the company to be announced?  If my theory is correct, then this is the result of an employee leaking some information.  

On the subject of there bein' no sub-title, I recall this happenin' on Wikipedia with LBT XII AND LBT XIII.  Sub-titles were not revealed until later on.  I dunno.  These are just thoughts of mine :rolleyes.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Dec 2 2009 on  02:46 PM
Just for the record, while the admins of this board are notorious for their April fool pranks you can rest assured that there won't be any from us that would promote the spread of rumors or the raising of falls hopes.
I really don't see anything about this whole thing to suggest it to be anything more than a false rumor. By the way there had been false rumors on LBT actors before. On one occasion there was a false claim according to which Dakota Fanning was to take over the role of Ducky. There never was any reasonable connection and not the slightest bit of truth about it but the rumor was posted anyway
So lets stick to legit facts.

PS: Thank you for teaching me a new word Jasper :lol
What I mean is if the whole LBT 14 movie was a prank, an April Fools joke would have been perfect. I understand nobody here would intentionally spread false rumors. I just know that this would be a perfect April Fools joke, and now I'm getting repetitive  :lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Although I half-expected it to be a prank, my wishful thinking got the best of me once more :bang.  The page for LBT XIV is not up anymore :neutral.  I really can't stand these pranks!  If I knew who did this in person, I'd love to knock him/her into the next galaxy <_<!

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Eh, its as I really expected.  Still though this hoax was different, more thought out, and with some crude meteor joke I'm not seeing why anyone would take the time.  I guess LBT hatred is stronger then I thought.