The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Character House Madness

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sue simply followed her nose to the kitchen, and nodded with a smile at the people eating around the corner. She didn't recognize a single solitary one of them, but the feeling of familiarity she felt made her feel that these were the same people from before.
She walked over to the table ('this is a kitchen, food is being served, and everyone is sitting around a rectangular object, so it must be a table', she reasoned), grabbed at a strange object that she was in a shape she could sit in, and gave an early-morning sigh.
"Good morning everyone. Is Ilsa, Minna, or Kiryu at the table right now?"
Using her nose, she identified a salad plate in the corner and reached for it. "And by the way, is there a 'Jeremy' here too, by the way?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
ILsa' Ilsa said, looking across the table from Sue. Minna's over there to the left, and Jeremy is over there.. she motioned. " so you have any trouuble finding this place?' she asked.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Akito walked into the room, grinning as Juri and Utena joined the group, taking seats next to Ilsa and Minna respectively.   Akito smiled and nonchalantly grabbed a plate, taking some food before sitting down.  Drago joined the group moments later, clanking in and taking a place near a wall...

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Nah. I used my nose instead of my eyes," Sue said, as she scooped a salad forkful into her mouth. "You all had a good night's sleep? No bad dreams?"
'So this is Veyu's Jeremy,' she thought, eyeing him.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i dont get bad dreams.' Ilsa replied. " so whats your home like/' Ilsa asked. mine's complicated.. lets put it that way..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Kiryu soon came out as well, standing by the wall like Drago since he wasn't required to eat. Eventually Veyu came out and seated herself beside Jeremy. Even Dokueki had come out to grab some food, taking his plate back to the room.
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"My home?" Sue repeated, surprised to be asked. "Well, I guess this place is my home now, isn't it? For better or worst. But I used to live in a quiet little part of town for most of my life. That's where my 'house home' is, at least: I was born in a place called the Great Valley. I had my... my accident there when I was eight. I started wandering the world asking questions about the brain when I was nine. With assistance, of course."
She smiled, stirring her salad. "I guess I'm lucky I found my passion so early. What about your home, Ilsa? Where did you come from? Where were you born?"
Immediately after she asked this question, she turned to Jeremy (or at least the person she was informed was Jeremy) just as someone came into the room and sat down next to him.
"And Jeremy? You mind telling me more about Veyu? I have a feeling me and her aren't seeing eye to eye very much. I don't know: I guess it must be annoying living with someone with a handicap like mine, but I would like to find some way to get to know her. She mentioned she only tells her backstory to you."

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Jeremy looked to Veyu who seemed too interested in eating her food. "Sure, I guess- well, her and I go back about 19 years, I helped her with a bunch of set tasks- eventually killing our employer since he was a complete psycho and running off"

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sue paused in mid forkbite. She blinked at Jeremy with a look that could only be described as bemused horror. "I'm guessing signing a resignation letter was out of the question," Sue said, blinking. "Well. Now I know why she didn't want to talk about it. Still, I'm afraid it's a bit excluding. I'll have to find some other way to improve things with her than talking about her past, I guess," she sighed. "When do you think she's going to get up, anyway?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
my home is called the Dracon lands, i am a daughter of a high ranking noble, one of 15 daughters, and i have 20 brothers. Dracons have very large families' Ilsa said. My city is called Maugoa, its a large city and an important one.. I trained in magic and sorcery with Minna over there, shes my best friend.. I specialize in fire, she is master of ice..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Who knows, it took a few months for her to stop calling me human" shrugged Jeremy, lifting his mask slightly to devour a strip of bacon.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sue blinked as Jeremy took his face off. 'Mask,' she thought and in that moment wondered if she'd ever know Jeremy well enough to tell the difference between his face and a mask.
"I could wait months," Sue said as she stroked one of the leaves of lettus on her table. She could recognize most green foods by touch alone.
"I don't think that's how I should go about it, though. I wonder if there's anything to actually do in this house? Maybe we could find something we both like, or we both dislike."
She twitched her lips, as if working something awkward in her mouth.
"I can't live with someone who can't live with me. Part of it is me, and part of it is my visual agnosia. I live in a world where almost everything looks like I'm seeing it for the very first time-- where I forget what something looks like the moment my eyes aren't centered on it. When you live in that kind of world, having one of those unfamiliar things constantly lashing out at you makes you want to shut away from people, especially if you can't read facial expressions and tell when they're angry with you and when they aren't."
Sue looked up to Jeremy, then to the person next to Jeremy (whoever it was) and then to Ilsa and whoever was next to her.
"I refuse to do that. I'm not going to let my disability make a prisoner out of me, and I especially won't be a prisoner in my own room. I may not get Veyu to like me-- but I will find a way to get her to live with me."
She took a bitefull of the lettus on her fork, crunching through it before looking up and asking: "Where is Veyu, anyway?", completely unaware that she was sitting directly in front of her. "I thought she'd be up by now. Eh. Maybe she's tidying up. I wouldn't have pegged her as the type to spend an hour in front of the mirror."
She turned back to Ilsa and smiled. "So, one out of thirty six? You must have had a lot of people to play with as a kid. Sounds nice."

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"She's next to me" said Jeremy casually as he fed bacon through a small opening under his mask "And I doubt you'd like the things she does... she has a knack for torture and generally being cruel"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yes i did. guys had thier own wing, girls had thiers' ilsa nodded. thee was as you might imagine a lot of competition for dads favor. and with so many, the competition was fierce. i got enough time with him, i suppose. cant really complain. thee are families that are twice as big or even three times as big, with as many as 100 kids..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sue's eyes widened, and she looked to the previously unknown person next to Jeremy. Then she turned back to Jeremy, and glared with a small smile.
"You know, I've met people who never give up a chance to watch me make a fool of myself when they damn well know they could have said something."
Although she tried to sound calm as she said this, she was fuming with anger on the inside. She felt completely betrayed that Jeremy knew Veyu was next to him all along and let her mouth off.
Veyu must have heard what she said, right? Fine. She wasn't ashamed of it. She was still furious and embarrassed.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Don't worry about it" shrugged Jeremy "She's too busy eating to even notice you"

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sue had no idea how Jeremy was reacting to his glare, by the sounds of it, he didn't get it. It wasn't that Veyu overheard her or not. It was the fact that he let her talk without ever stopping her or warning her that Veyu was in front of her. While Sue tried to tell herself that she didn't consider herself 'handicapped' (or at least she didn't like to think of it that way),  she felt utterly disgusted and helpless whenever she felt someone had taken advantage of her inability to recognize what she saw. In her mind, Jeremy had no reason not to tell her or warn her that Veyu was sitting next to him unless it was because he wanted to watch her make a fool out of herself. She remembered plenty of times in her life when people would play horrible tricks on her. She just hadn't expected it to come from someone who she had just poured her heart out to.
"This conversation is over, Jeremy," Sue said, turning away and blinking back tears.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"....what did I do?" he asked confused

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Had Sue not been upset, she would have noticed that the tone in Jeremy's voice sounded genuinely surprised, but she turned away and looked at Ilsa instead, covering her face with a hand.
"I-I'm sorry for that," Sue said sheepishly, looking up at her and wiping away a tear. "Please, tell me more about where you lived. What's the landscape look like? What are the people like?"
'Anything to make me feel like less of an idiot,' she thought to herself.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Shrugging, Jeremy mumbled to himself and resumed eating. Kiryu walking over and speaking with Sue "Are you alright?"