The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What did you think of season 1, now that you've watched all of it?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know what?  I still love these following scenes.  I've watched them plenty of times and they have yet to get old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h2jbzoyNhk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3VKPsTcF5k

Maybe we should sick Fluttershy on all of these big name companies and see what she has to say about them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
How about that episode where they get afflictions from being in some flowers and Fluttershy winds up with a deep man's voice.  Then sings?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhaFuxBNMc&feature=related

Her singing from that same episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmwzsMsCfwA

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know what the show needs most though?  A few males in the main cast.  Seriously, a little variety in the cast never hurt.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

We have a new fail image for when the facepalm doesn't work.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My Top Ponies!

Now, I know I gave a list earlier, but THAT one was just for the main cast.  This one gives every pony from the show a chance to be on the list.  Even if they only appeared in one episode, if they impressed me enough, they have a chance.

Oh, and screw explanations, I'm just going to get this done.

Anyways, here's my list.

Honorable Mention - Rarity

10. Pinkie Pie

9. Sweetie Belle

8. Applebloom

7. Scootaloo

6. Princess Celestia

5. Twilight Sparkle

4. Nightmare Moon

3. Fluttershy

2. Applejack

1. Rainbow Dash

Ones I want to see the creators get more out of - Princess Luna, The Wonderbolts, ANY of the background ponies.

Oh, and finally, screw Trixie!  She's an arrogant little ***** that can die for all I care! :D *Readies flame shield for the Trixie FAN* (Yes, I dislike her THAT much.  That I would dare to say she has only 1 fan.)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've started work on a fanfic and have completed a few chapters so far.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
:huh: !? First I see a bunch of fanart all over Deviantart and now I see a 7 pg thread about My Little Pony? Why are they so popular? I looked them up and they received some positive reviews of the show and a lot of people (including you all) really like the show!

I've never really liked My Little Pony. The first time I've ever watched it was the 1980's movie that my sister gave to me since she didn't want it anymore. I watched it at the age of eight...and hated it because I thought it was stupid. I have never seen the earlier tv shows but I can imagine that they could be just as bad as Care Bears and Rainbow Bright.

I'm going to find this My Little Pony on Youtube and find out why so many people including guys like Seth Greene enjoys this show. Oh boy... :unsure:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here a list of my favorites

10 Scootaloo

9 Rainbow Dash

8 Applejack

7 Sweetiebelle

6 Applebloom

5 Pinkie Pie

4 Rarity

3 Twilight Sparkle

2 Nightmare Moon

1 Fluttershy

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
You know, this show really ain't half-bad. I prefer the PowerPuff Girls. I'll give my thoughts on the first four episodes I saw today.

The first two episodes of the series starts out nicely for itself. The animation looks really good for a tv show. The story is rather interesting but I can't help but feel that the story is somewaht similar to the Winx Club. A thousand years is a bit over used in a lot of video games and cartoons in my opinion. I feel that the plot itself was just rushed in the first two episodes. I felt disappointed at this sense it could have lasted for at least another three episodes. It was like reading a 22pg comic book of good versus evil and in the last 3 pages evil was defeated in the most convenient and uneventful way. Not to mention that the villain was a bit weak and short-lived, anyways. And I thought the second episode was a bit cheesy but other than that its just okay.

Ticket Master: This episode clearly tells me that the rest of the series is just going to have random episodes of comedy. Not much else I can say about this. There is one question I have and that is...where did Spike come from?

AppleBuck Season: I find this episode to be humorous. Never knew Applejack had a brother. Speaking of brothers, how many males are there in this world? And why can the cows talk but the dog can't? By the way, I eat AppleJacks for breakfast! :lol: If I ever get a pony, I'm naming it Rice Krispies.

Overall, There is a good sense of character development and personality in every character. I find the characters to be far more appealing and witty compared to the movie and the older reboots. Still, this is not a show that I recommend to most adults. The show is intended for a younger audience and I've only smiled and mildly chuckled at some of the jokes here. If I had to give this show a letter rating, I'd give it a B.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There is now an official Brony recognition day, according to Equestria Daily!

Check it Out!  Brony Appreciation Day!
Check it Out!  Brony Appreciation Day!

And to top it off, it's on my birthday, too!
 :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :smile  :smile  :smile  :smile  :smile

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There is one question I have and that is...where did Spike come from?

Well, I think that Spike is the baby dragon that Twilight Sparkle hatched in the episode where Rainbow Dash made her first sonic rainboom. The baby in that episode and Spike look a lot alike, and being the one to hatch him would explain why he takes to her so well and does everything she asks of him.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That was indeed Spike's egg and she did hatch him.  

Interesting forum.  I'll have to look it over later on.