The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Man, a number of fans on YouTube went crazy when they saw Frilly Fluttershy.  It was nuts.

However, this episode only cemented Rainbow Dash at #1 for me.  Her first Sonic Rainboom giving all of her yet-to-be-friends their marks?  How awesome is that?

Rainbow Dash, you are pure awesomeness! :D

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I felt the episode turned her into one big Mary Sue.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
In case anyone wants to know, the last episode of S1 will take place at the Grand Galloping Gala which was made such a big deal out of in Tickermaster and Dressed For Success.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Apr 20 2011 on  09:46 PM
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/fim-...t.html#comments

Check this out.
Whoa!  Whoa!  Whoa!  Time out!

MLP: FiM and Weird Al!?

I think the "Awesome Meter" just blew up! :D

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's not all. The blog in the link I supplied leads to a lot of information from behind the scenes.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I can guess at what it is, but is a brony - "brother pony"?

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
^
Simply a put, a brony is an avid MLP fan, like me and a few others. Some may go as far as to speak like the ponies in the show, e.g. saying "everypony/anypony" instead of "everybody/anybody". Some may even go further as to pair up the characters in a 'romantic' relationship, referred by the community as "shipping" (avoid these if you dislike this kind of stuff), while others would just become 20% cooler by making usual (but awesome) stuff like fanfics, fanarts, and even to stuff like Flash games, Minecraft builds, TF2 mods, 2D MMO's, etc.

Seriously, I think the brony community is just awesome; lots of really talented people from around the world coming together as a result of friendship, you could say. :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Dude, a few weeks ago, MLP: FiM brought 4Chan to it's knees.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know what really upsets me?  It's that I can't watch this on my own TV just because I don't have the channel!  I may have Dish Network, but because we had to cut back to the cheapest package, we lost a lot of channels.  One of which was HUB.

I'm kind of sad on that due to the fact that I got the chance to research the channel at my cousin's house and found that it actually has quite a few "good" TV Shows on it.  It's like one of the few channels that's actually TRYING to give kids quality TV rather than just rip them off with crap they don't know is bad.

I mean, really, if you guys get the chance, you should check out the FULL line-up of HUB.  You'd be impressed. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
The Hub Chanell has a site called HubWorld. They have all of the episode of their shows there.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spike: Can it get any worse? *insert expected lightning and rain*

Me: :slap Why doesn't anyone ever learn to NEVER say that?

Anyways, this was a good episode and had some nice character development.  Plus, I will also point out the tiny bit where we see Rarity give a jewel covered bow tie to Spike as a gift for all his hard work.  It's definitely showing how close the two have become since the beginning.  I know what you guys are thinking of me with me pointing it out, but we'll see if anything else develops before I call it.

Next episode should be interesting, as it is said that Pinkie Pie's usual tactics of making others happy, doesn't work.  I wonder how she'll react to that.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It looks like the "Hasbro Inc." Troll is still at large, trying to get rid of this show!  My fellow bronies, it is our duty to battle back and ensure he doesn't succeed.  Who's with me!? :D

(If you can't tell, I was joking there, but just know, the troll is still at large, as the most recent episode was banned from YouTube by him.)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'd love to know what his deal is.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Apr 26 2011 on  12:07 AM
I'd love to know what his deal is.
He hates the show!  It's all the motivation a troll needs to unleash their wrath!

After all...

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ten bucks says he never once saw an episode of the show. Seems like a ridiculous quest to go on (sabotaging fans).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
likely never has.

Ps: Just saw the 25th episode I got from youtube.  Interesting.   I liked it and it had humorous spots.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh Pinkie Pie, what would we do without you?  Well, throw our own parties, but they wouldn't be the same, would they?

For me, 25 was an okay episode.  I shall await the next episode, which is the season finale.  Let's hope for a second season.  This show is just too good. :)

Also, let's hope the Hasbro Inc. Troll can be found and blocked from these shows.  He had no right re-claiming all the episodes and banning my favorite MLP:FiM supporter yet again.

Plus, I can't help but feel that the troll not only hates the show, but also doesn't want it on said YouTube User's Channel, but here's the thing...

Whoever owns the channel can do whatever the heck they want to do with it!  If they are abiding by the rules, they don't deserve those claims.  MLP:FiM is allowed on YouTube, bottom line!

This troll is the one that needs to be banned and not the one supporting the show.

Also, I hope that the true people who run it will help resolve this and set up the videos and so that they have ad-revenue flowing out of them.  At least that way we can help support it when it's not airing new episodes.  After all, a good chunk of us just don't have the channel it's on.  So, why not set up a way for us to support it?  It'll only help them in the end.

Seriously guys, this issue really needs to get resolved. -_-