The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Future fanfic idea...

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have another fanfic idea planned for after I complete Sharptooth Valley and TDV, and I wanted to know what you guys thought of it:  (And yes, it's Chomper-centric.)

It's a "What if?" fic.

It would start with the final battle of LBT 5.  Everything proceeds normally until Littlefoot saves Chomper from drowning.  In this story, Elsie never shows up, and the two dinos get back to safety a different way.  In this story, the gang has no way back to the mainland, and realize that living with Chomper and his parents is there only option.  The fanfiction would chronicle their life together on the island, and so far I've only got the general concept of the fanfic down.  

I'm open to your thoughts and suggestions about this idea, I like knowing what people think before I start writing

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, let's see what I can think of with this topic:

Establishing where to sleep would be an issue. Littlefoot did say that he could never get used to living in the Stinky Place, and whether they felt safe or not, I doubt that all of them would be comfortable sleeping with Chomper's parents, at least not at first. It would take a bit of getting used to them or wanting to feel cared for by grownups again that would let them draw closer.

Then of course, we have the Ruby issue. If you, like some other fans, believe that Ruby went to the island to meet Chomper and his parents and thus decide to keep that going, does that mean that she'll just leave alone this time since Chomper is happy with the gang around now, or could that be an ending as to how they can finally go home at the end? However Ruby got there, unless it was Elsie, the others could probably go back with her and Chomper could leave the island with his parent's permission to go with them since they could see how lonely he would be again when they left. That would also explain why Chomper is accepted in the Great Valley: he and his family looked after their kids and was therefore trusted now.

Their diet could lead to a problem. Remember The Hidden Canyon and how they couldn't stop eating those tree sweets and got sick? That island is full of tropical tree sweets which the others have already admitted to liking. To live there, they will need to learn self control or they'll keep getting stomach aches.

Now, it would be extremely awkward for Chomper to translate every single day, so either his parents could learn flat tooth, his friends learn sharp tooth, or both.

They were very depressed after being without their families for one night when they first got their. If they are gonna be there a long time, Chomper's family should be very nurturing and treat them like family or the gang will be sad all the time.

One good thing now is even teams. With a gang of six, games can officially be fair, as long as Ducky and Petrie are on different teams of course.

The gang will of course be able to meet other leaf eaters there, since their must be a lot of them there to sustain three, previously four, sharpteeth. Or course, this will be a very awkward thing to write about. Chomper's parents agreed to leave the gang alone, but they need to survive. So everytime the gang makes a friend, he or she will get eaten, or if they befriend a very select few, they will probably do things to keep them alive like hiding them or distracting Chomper's parents so they can escape. Chomper, who is always with them, would know too, and so would have to keep secrets from his parents and things could get very uncomfortable between all the characters. Be very careful with this issue.

Who would be in charge of the gang? Would they let Littlefoot guide them or ask the adult sharpteeth for advice on things? Or will Chomper's parents, being responsible ones, deem themselves their guardians and enforce rules with them like bedtime and not fighting?

Perhaps this could be when Chomper starts to eat bugs. He'll still probably eat with his parents and suggest the others not watch, but what about when he's hungry and his parents aren't around but his friends are? He might get so famished but be too polite to kill with the others around that he tries a nearby insect, likes it, and begins to enjoy them regularly when the gang is around since the gang doesn't seem to care much about bugs.

I'm sorry, but this all I could just think of off the top of my head right now, but if I think of anything else, you'll see another post here from me. Later!

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm still open to ideas about what you guys might like to hear in this story, as I haven't given up on the idea

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Funny, but I was thinking about this, even not knowing you asked this question. :p

What if the Land Bridge (the way the gang got on Island) showed up again, because waves went back and it was regular process (for fer hours LB would be existing and for other few hours it would be covered with water)? Now, lets assume everybody on Island knows about it, except for a gang and Chomper decided to keep that information from them. Why? To make sure that his only friends will stay with him forever. But of course Littlefoot and the rest would find out about it eventually and then... Well... Should I keep talking? ;)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Neat idea, but I'd hate to see the gang angry at Chomper. But I'll consider it

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well... You dont have to make all gang get angry at Chomper, but surely one particular threehorn wouldnt be too lenient in that event. :p
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Another idea I want to work into the story, one that may not surprise you if you've read SV: I'm trying to make a herbivore (Not one of the gang) the bad guy.

Or I could make this an RP perhaps....

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
If you are unsure of something, I would do the RP first and run it as a simulation.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If a flyer happened by, maybe it could take a message to their families.  As for how Littlefoot & Chomper get out of the water maybe one of Chomper's parents could knock down a tree into the water for Chomper and Littlefoot to climb aboard and it goes into the shallows like the log they tried to leave the island on before did.  

Chomper's family could also eat fish.  They could, in theory, do similar to a baleen whale and get a bunch of water in their mouth and let some sift out between their teeth leaving the fish behind.  That would be one addition to their diet.

It could be done like a movie, or an entire season where they stay with Chomper's parents, maybe on the island or maybe eventually getting off by the land bridge that appears again.  Ruby may be encountered this way, if they get off of the island, and they may eventually get back to the great valley.  

Just a few ideas I had.

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper can explain how he got on the island.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I hope your fanfic turns great Brekclub85.