The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flathead770's Fanart

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks Stardust! Yeah I can totally picture him singing that song right now :lol

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
While it's basically the same art style you've been utilizing for the past few drawings, they've been executed with near perfection consistently, time after time. You've nailed the ecstatic expression on his face and the carefree/goofball like nature represented by his posture and the bouquet of flowers in his claws. I honestly like the trend of portraying antagonists as misunderstood/normal beings that have many of the same interests or likes that other "normal" people have. I internally squealed with joy when I first saw this picture, it was so adorable and outright ridiculous. Other than the very uniform cloud and flower pattern that could look more natural, and perhaps more shadow detail under Sharptooth himself (all of this which was pointed out by other people already), I have no complaints.

:chompysmile :Mo

Thanks Stardust! Yeah I can totally picture him singing that song right now :lol

Don't let the Gang of Seven find out though! Remember, he's the big bad ravenous Sharptooth after all! :bestsharptooth :lol

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha thanks ImpracitcalDino! Yeah it's fun coming up with unexpected things for characters sometimes. On the topic of uniform cloud formations, the placements were actually intentional. The reason being is to help fill out the rest of the page  with "stuff" so to speak so it feels less empty. One of the reasons why it might not be completely random is that while the clouds can be a nice touch, I didn't want them to be behind Sharptooth and distract from his pose. That was very much a more deliberate choice then the placement of the flowers.

Don't let the Gang of Seven find out though! Remember, he's the big bad ravenous Sharptooth after all! :bestsharptooth
Yes of course, one needs to keep up appearances, especially in the Mysterious Beyond  :PCera

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Now that I've started to draw pictures that aren't card related, I figured that I should make a separate topic. The first one is for the Fanart Prompt Challenge: Draw a background character.

It was a really close call between the spinosaurus and the one dinosaur in LBT14 that gets the treestar crown (I love it's confused expression). I really like the design of the spinosaurus in LBT12 over the more traditional sharpteeth in the series so I ultimately went with this choice. Drawing the head took the longest amount of time as it kept looking wrong. Now that I have the drawing on my computer and able to compare it to the original picture, the head is still a little skinny. I tried to work on my shading as well. Overall I am pleased with how it turned out.

Feel free to share any feedback with this drawing or any others in the future.

Amazing sketch of the Spinosaurus in XI! I use to sketch dinosaurs a lot. Haven’t in a long time though. :(

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Really digging deep I see :p

Thanks though! Honestly looking back at it, I'm still quite happy with how it turned out, even if it was directly referencing a scene. As for sketching dinosaurs, no time like the present to jump back into it! Heck, I did the same with this LBT fanart after years of not drawing.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I got inspired and I’ve started using a sketch app. Maybe I’ll post some pics in my own fan fic pic.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just dropping by to compliment your new profile picture Flathead770! It's so adorable. :wub

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks! I really feel like I captured Rhett and Ali's bond well here  :bestsharptooth

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks! I really feel like I captured Rhett and Ali's bond well here  :bestsharptooth

Tbh, Rhett is just too much of a manipulator, liar, and pompous person for me to ever believe that he would be together with Ali. But I get where your fanart idea came from, considering that it was the TV series that tried to force that relationship scenario upon us in the first place.
:bestsharptooth :M'Rhett

Rhett

• Hero of the Herd
  • Ruby
  • Scarer of the Sharpteeth
    • View Profile

THAT'S BEAUTIFUL! You have inspired me, Flathead. I will make a fanart topic of me too!
Also called M'lord, by my loyal fans

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Even if this day has been quite the catastrophe, I agree that the picture is at least presentable and this bond as you may wish to call it, certainly is a vivid imagination. :p

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
That icon is beautiful!!  :rhett_smile (Espically to the Littlefoot and Cera shippers maybe) Rhett and Ali for life!  :bestsharptooth  :RhettAli

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Tbh, Rhett is just too much of a manipulator, liar, and pompous person for me to ever believe that he would be together with Ali. But I get where your fanart idea came from, considering that it was the TV series that tried to force that relationship scenario upon us in the first place.

I've been posing as a Rhettist all day, and yet nobody dared to point out my hypocrisy? :rhett_shocked

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile

I've been posing as a Rhettist all day, and yet nobody dared to point out my hypocrisy? :rhett_shocked

I'm starting to think you live just to create irony, Impractical. :lol

Anyway, nice job on today's emotes, Flathead! I can tell you must've had fun making them, all those different expressions.

:rhett_angry :rhett_brag :rhett_grin :rhett_ohno :rhett_ohsnap :rhett_sad :rhett_shocked :rhett_smile :rhett_upset :RhettAli

(Seventh one's my favorite.)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

I'm starting to think you live just to create irony, Impractical. :lol

Anyway, nice job on today's emotes, Flathead! I can tell you must've had fun making them, all those different expressions.

:rhett_angry :rhett_brag :rhett_grin :rhett_ohno :rhett_ohsnap :rhett_sad :rhett_shocked :rhett_smile :rhett_upset :RhettAli

(Seventh one's my favorite.)

The irony was not intentional on my part. That post came before this Rhett April Fools joke even started. :lol

Are we keeping all the Rhett emotes after April Fools is over though? I mean, now we're stuck with an overabundance of emotes from one character.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone! I'm glad you're loving all of this Rhett love that he finally deserves   :bestsharptooth

@ImpracticalDino
I'm honestly impressed that you went along with all of this so well as this whole thing was a Discord creation so you were mostly out of the loop (and also most people just like to hate on Rhett)

@RainbowFaceProtege
Yeah it was a blast creating all of those emotes! Yeah I really like that one as well!

OK, one more surprise to end the day. Enjoy!  :rhett_smile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Brilliant, Flathead! And that in a few hours work. Nicely done  :wise

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Jesus Murtaugh Christ, you made actual high-quality drawing of this? :O
Masterpiece quality!

Well, as for the scene, there's good side of it - I always knew Littlefoot's destiny is to be with Cera.  :bestsharptooth
As for Ali, well, if she falls for such obvious Rhett's storyies, his lies, she doesn't deserve to be with our goldheart longneck!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 06:11:59 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Well, at the very least you haven't lost your touch with drawing, Flathead. For that, I'm grateful. Honestly, am I the only one who thinks that Rhett over here looks more like Littlefoot than actual Littlefoot on the left side? Yes... I do believe I would prefer that much better, but since Rhett's coat is more dark brown, this must be untrue. :cry Done in a few hours, that's pretty impressive even for someone that I can always count to draw high quality drawings. Truly, well done. :)