The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers 3 Discussion

Serris · 1486 · 88532

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
This may not be the last they see of Gustave... Remember, people have survived seemingly fatal injuries and Gustave possesses superhuman toughness.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@LBT: I know, but I have been busy today, and will be busy tommorow as well.  So yes, I do post only when I can post.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll try and post when I can.. course my scenes are currentlky relying on Starfall to keep going..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So by the looks of it, their next target to destroy is Soundwave, but I do wonder as to how this fight will happen as he is an AI, but still uses the Rhino Suit.  But I shall say this, destroying the suit wont destroy him in particular as that's where ROSS would be needed, as in, cyberspace afterwards to destroy Soundwave for good.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I kinda thought it would be like the final boss fight in Portal, only if GLaDOS had turrets and Chell used real guns instead of a portal device. But this is a good question. ROSS can only block Soundwave from escaping over the internet, he cant hurt him physically. Though once Soundwave's body is destroyed, he can take care of the remaining virtual conscience.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Bailey specializes in computers so he'll have to assist ROSS.

Alfred is probably the only character (aside from Hawkeye and Gustave) who can match and trade blows with Soundwave.

On a side note, is Soundwave in DC or Florida or somewhere else?

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It was in New Peenmude(sp?) Harbour where he had taken it over a while ago in the RP.

Shakila as well, could also help out in destroying Soundwave for good.  But yeah, Alfred taking on Soundwave would be good for blow to blow sort of thing.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
New Peenemunde is in Florida (checked my own wiki :D)

While Bailey and Shelton will be able to help prevent Soundwave from escaping and work on shutting down autoturrets and the like, they wont be able to participate in the "final battle" between ROSS and Soundwave because AI operate so quickly that the fight would literally take microseconds.

At least thats what i thought would make sense, considering programs work at the speed of electricity. The technical humans' job would be to force Soundwave to fight ROSS, and not let him flee.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, that is true as well.  Reminds me of Tron where they mention cycles and all that, as I know in the Tron world that time is slower and all that, such as Tron: Legacy where it was a few days inside, but when Flynn escaped, it was still the same night as when he entered.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The AI battle would be impossible for living beings to participate in (unless it was a cyborg like Hawkeye).

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Right now, Hawkeye and Neku can both participate.  Hawkeye can rapid upload a digita, replica of himself, and Neku, as living electricity, can join.  Whether or not they will, that's a different matter...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm honestly not sure if they would be able to help either, Starfall. Since they've lived most of their lives as humans (or organic beings, you know what I mean), they wouldn't be prepared for just how quickly things happen in virtual reality. It would be like trying to defragment a computer faster than the defragmenting program; while Hawkeye and Neku could be virtually present, they wouldn't have the reflexes to even blink before the battle was over.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Jan 30 2012 on  02:13 PM
The AI battle would be impossible for living beings to participate in (unless it was a cyborg like Hawkeye).
Well, the first part they can as Soundwave is using his enhanced Rhino Suit, until it's destroyed and he retreats into cyberspace sort of thing.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've done some serious work on the TV Tropes page and I just realized something, does Aydin count as a Shallow Love Interest?

The trope is defined as such:

A love interest for the main character whose personality is rather vague and shallow. It doesn't matter what their life was like beforehand; their entire personality revolves around the sole fact that they dig said main character, and the main character digs them.

If you ask me, Aydin seems to fit that trope really well.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Absolutely. He was made for the sole purpose of letting Noname roleplay a same-species sex scene.

Good job on the TV Tropes page! I've made great strides on the wiki, weve got over 200 articles, including almost all of the main characters and a decent amount of secondary characters. I'm still writing my two stories, once theyre posted i'll completely cover them on the wiki.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
All right, I have an announcement to make about the sex scenes.

I have no problem with them (content wise or ideologically) but they do have the tendency to lock up the action when people erratically post or they take too long. So I am asking ya'll, please speed up the sex scenes, starting with these current ones. I am not asking for ya'll to make one post each but try to limit the "sexy posts" to about five or so each.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I know what you mean, I mean I do try and make detailed posts and all, but there's just oh so much I can do in mine as they do require another to keep them moving along an dall that.

Also, I'll get a reply up soon enough as well.  Sorry for holding you guys back as well.  If need be, I can have Kiara and Kagetora's one skipped, as in, implied it has happened and all that if it'll help speed things along, if Starfall doesn't mind that is.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alright Serris, will do. don't want to stop the plot. needlesly..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've skipped ahead until morning, is that ok with everyonbe?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: