The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers 3 Discussion

Serris · 1486 · 82539

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, about the base that Soundwave controls.  It's mainly him in command, using his Rhino suit....which is as tough as nails, so to speak...as stated, was made out of the fictional material Diamontanium.  Breathtaker would be second in command in the base.  However, I had also given him the low-life experiments to use as well.

So yeah, in general, technically, there are no humans in the base, just Soundwave, Breathtaker and all those minions.....as well as a half finished Hydra (which still hasn't been completed....luckily enough....don't want to get too into the whole mythological/battling a hydra ordeal, as cool as that would look)

Yeah, I doubt the team would have the resources or firepower to take down a Hydra....they aren't The Avengers after all XD

Also, Death will be fought in the carpark as well....but I will point out now, that he wont die there....nope, got plans for him as is.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Wait, so is Kenjiro back in the RP?

How do we incorporate him back into the flow of things?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
no you are welcome to come back in Kenji. As for bringing hgim back in, you could say some of his group heads over to help fight the final battle.. in a sort of a 'calvary saves the day' kind of deal
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mirumoto_Kenjiro,Apr 30 2012 on  06:36 PM
You want if I don't come back?
Oh f---, what I previously said came out wrong.

We're happy to have you back; it's just that we need to find a good spot to reintroduce your characters back into the RP as soon as possible.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Welcome back Mirumoto! We're glad to have a fuller team as we round the bend to Darwin's Soldiers conclusion :)

In the roleplay, I was thinking Bailey and company could wind up in Soundwave's room, and meet him face-to-face. Or something. I want them to be walking into something horrible, to give Shelton an excuse to have to race to go find them (I don't want him just sitting in the control room for the rest of this).

Don't forget to keep posting people. I try to keep to one post a day, that way I never feel rushed but I don't hold the roleplay back by being slow.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know my heroes won't be able to reach Florida before you guys take out the base, so they might show up some time before the last battle.

That's also where my remaining Dragonstorm chars will be:  Breathtaker, Siren, & Stalker.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bailey and his group could meet meet Soundwave. Good idea!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sure that could work, nice idea MK!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think I screwed up my wording.  My Dragonstorm chars will be at the last base, not New Peenemunde.

There is that AI-2 missile ship that has a sentient program, still at the Florida base.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Don't forget to keep posting guys. We haven't had a poster other than Drake and myself for 5 days.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Small question, is there an armoury around in the base at all, or no? Just wondering is all, cause if there is, I might have Nixx stumble across it.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'd assume there is.

I think we should start getting Soundwave into the mix. I'll have Bailey's team enter the deepest  recesses of the base.

What does Soundwave's lair look like Drake?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wel, it's big enough to house the Hydra as well.  But also, there is a piece of machinery there as well, what it does right now, not saying just yet, but it is important, not dangerous or a real threat, but it is important.  It's something Soundwave will be using in the fight though, I'll tell you that for now ;)

Anything else can more or less be made up sort of thing, not all that fussed with what else is in it XD

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll mention now that Soundwave is using a nano rifle....only one who has one too, so no, no other robots will have them.  But yeah, the nano rifle is based upon the same weapon from the game Red Faction: Gruellia, where you fire at anything and depending on what it is, will either be disintegrated in one shot, or take three or four shots to do so.

And yes, that does include humans too.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
So, are those rust turrets now Gustave's mortal enemy? What happens if he gets shot by one?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Jun 14 2012 on  07:59 PM
So, are those rust turrets now Gustave's mortal enemy? What happens if he gets shot by one?
He'll lose his metallic armor and revert to being normal. The nanites in his blood will be rendered inoperable and will eventually be filtered out by his kidneys.

Basically, the rust turrets permanently depower Gustave.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alrighty, might as well give a bit of a better explanation for the SOundwave battle.  He will bring in mooks to help him out, as in....more robots to fight, ground ones, the odd bulky ones that carry an arc cannon (like the one Nixx fight and destroyed) as well as flying ones).  He will use that machine of his to reload, since his suit can carry oh so much ammo at once....so at some point, would be best to take care of said machine.

The Hydra will be deactivated throughout the battle, so...they wont have to worry about that thing waking up suddenly and attacking everyone....as cool as that would be, I think that it would just be a bit unfair and all that.

And of course, once he runs out of ammo for good, as in, his machine being destroyed, he'd be a bit more easier to get to and take head on.  As in, Gustave or Alfred, or even both can go at him in hand to hand combat, keep him busy or something like that while others could find a way to destroy his Rhino suit for good.

Course after that....it'll be Soundwave against ROSS on the internet more or less.

So yeah, that's the basic rundown on the rough idea of how it will all play out anyway.  Course things may change here and there....save for the Hydra coming to life....as stated, it shall remain deactivated....though I guess the fear in just seeing it there may still have others just thinking that it'll just come to life at any given moment sort of thing XD

And the other thing I will also note too, before I forget, what Zyanya says in Spanish....as I stated before, I use Google Translate to turn an English sentence into Spanish....so reverting it back around may come out a bit odd, but the effect/idea is still the same more or less.  So yeah, if it seems odd translating Spanish back into English, that'll be why.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just wanna say, I'm finding it rather amussing right now with Gustave and Soundwave going at it, since they're both more or less evenly matched, which is just awesome XD