The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers 3 Discussion

Serris · 1486 · 82287

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i know drake has a windows live account i'll try and contact him..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
so what should i have aisha do? follow the group onboard?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yeah, probably just provide additional cover fire. Once you guy defeat these dudes on the dock, I was going to have the team meet up with Death.

I highly, highly recommend Neku does something on the lines of "You guys go on ahead; I'll deal with this one on my own," so that everyone else can continue the story while Neku avenges Hailey.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
alright thats fine. We;'re basically plowing aheasd without Drake. Oh well
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Also, Nick, because I control Drake's characters now, I'll have Nixx accept Aisha's proposal the next time the two characters are together. They're just a bit separate at the moment...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thats fine.. allows me more people to interact with..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Okay.

This is kinda a weird idea.

But I've always been bugged by how Nixx and Zyanya just randomly appeared in the story. There wasn't any real reason for them to just fall out of the clouds and land in New Peenemunde.

What if they were sleeper agents? Dragonstorm experiments whose minds were wiped, given an excuse backstory of endless fighting teenagers, and sent out to locate James and Co? Then they can activate the killer subroutine and they'll betray the team.

It sounds like Nick wants Nixx to survive so she can live with Aisha, but Zyanya could die in the assault, and perhaps that coupled with Aisha's kindness can convince Nixx to override her kill routine and re-join James' team. (I'm just trying to give us more named characters to fight, and make these two characters not completely superfluous).

What do you guys think? This subplot will probably only affect Shelton's team; it would give them something to do while James' team gets their medley of things done.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well ..given how long the rp has gobne on, i dont think any characters are superflous. the team will imo, need both girls help, to win,  besideswe really have already gone that route-secret trained by  bad guy. remember the thoughchips put into rouxs head? she was supposed to kill the team before being beaten. Besides Zyanna can end up with landon, I've never really given him any personal development apart from his friendship with Aisha and the others, I've never had him with someone during the story.. Time to rectify that I say
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Okay, you make valid points. We'll continue as is.

Starfall, it probably won't be much time until Death and Neku meet again. I still think a "taking you with me" solution would be best, so that the rest of the team doesn't have to deal with Death after Neku's death (assuming you still want to kill Neku). Death is  "second line of defense" Zenarchis speaks of.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
To be honest, Nixx and Zyanya seem a bit, well random and I'm not exactly sure what they were doing in Peenemunde.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we really havent made a big deal of it until now, so i dont see what the problem is.. usually wghen issues are discussed we deal with it right away. perhaps we could ask the girls what they were doing when we ran into them.. to solve that issue
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I personally didnt want to sound rude to MrDrake at the time, as he seemed pretty excited about the characters and it was making him post regularly again.

For some reason, I got the initial impression they were reincarnated Native American gods who had been fighting each other since time immemorable. I have *no* idea how I came to this conclusion.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
So, it sounds like Serris and StarFall are in favor of Zyanya and Nixx being sleeper agents, Nick is not.

Nick, it wouldn't be quite the same as StarFall's plot twist, because Starfall's characters were willingly and knowingly preparing to betray the group. Nixx and Zyanya honestly believed they were valid teammates until the moment Trinity (for example) flicks the switch and suddenly their minds are taken over and they're assaulting the team. They would be Manchurian Agents as opposed to Moles, like Starfall's team.

In addition, I won't kill Zyanya, since it sounds like you want her to hook up with Landon. And right now, there isn't much more for Shelton's team to do. Once they reach the cargo bay and open it, the oil rig sinks, so they can't do that until the other plot threads are tied up.

James' team has to fight Death, James himself has to fight O'Neil, Kerzach has to fight Zenarchis. Aimee has to fight Trinity but I plan to have her do it alone. It'll provide a bit of distraction and let Shelton's bodyguards show off some ingenuity. Plus if Aisha is involved in stopping Nixx it'll provide some character interaction between the two.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
alright, thats well reasoned, lets do it.. so when is that happening?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
So sorry its been some time since I've posted, the internet has been kicked out due to a poweroutage, the apartment complex's routers are fried.. A friend is posting this for me. They should be fixed tomorrow, Ill post then if its fixed.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thats fine lbt. post when you can.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
My internet is back!

I'll be more prolific now, thanks for being patient. Nipping over and posting now.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
good to have you back LBT...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Can we create a list of the characters on the good guys who we plan to kill off in this finale? Gustave is the only one I currently know on the list, not counting whatever Starfall has planned for Neku, Hawkeye, Kagetora and Roux.