The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers: Disruptive Selection

Serris · 5385 · 225658

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Landon and Aisha hooked up their tanks to open slots on the  watrertanks " ok thats finished aisha Said " now to get the heck out of here!"
  Nice work guys Landon said. Now lets get out of here and let Shelton do the dirty work. i imasgine it won't take him more than a couple minutes, so we need to get as far away from here as possible. you introduce anything into water under this kind of pressure it creates a runaway affect, the pressure rises along the pipe and rupture, if it hits anything thats incendiary, you get-
 a huge (censoring) explosion" aisha retorted " so why are we standing around?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Thank you so much! You can do whatever you like now!" the intercom cheerily congratulated them.

In the control room, Shelton sighed. "That took way longer than I thought it would. Next time I'm sending Masters; that soldier gets things done."

He turned the system on the lowest setting, and rerouted the water supply to Soundwave's system. Then he turned on the ceiling fire sprinklers.

With a hiss, Soundwave's room started filling with mist, covering the robots and James' teammates.

"If those robots have any optical sensors, they probably won't be built for misty environments." Shelton explained to Roux. "And any glass recievers, like cameras, will fog over. Mist also absorbs microwaves, in case they have any short-range radars."

(OOC: MrDrake, if you have Soundwave send a team to destroy the water tanks, to get rid of the mist, Crota, Bailey, and Landon can be forced to defend the tanks. Just give them something to do.)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Alfred sighed in relief as the water mist filled the room. He had worked up a massive sweat scrapping the numerous robots that attacked him.

Sharon swore as the mist made it hard for her to work on the modifications. Not to mention that the water also played havoc with the electronics. The improvised shotgun she had cobbled together from a wrecked robot was slightly water resistant due to the copious amounts of electrical tape she had used. She turned to Alfred. "Sorry, this mist is making it hard to work on your weapon."

The big Bison shrugged and picked up a steel I-beam which he used to batter two robots randomly firing at the wall.

---------

"Sarge!"Zachary shouted. "Hand me a spare mag!"

Sgt. Masters turned to Zachary and slid a new magazine to him.

"Thanks and-Holy s---!" Zachary blurted out upon seeing Sgt. Master's eyes covered with a milky coating.

"Nictating membrane - protects my eyes," Sgt. Masters said as he checked his rifle.

"Sorry."

---------

Gustave smirked as he looked at Soundwave. "Hey Soundwave! You mad because you ain't getting any p---- in that suit?" he taunted, making a rude gesture with his hand in front of his crotch.

He then laughed. "What's the matter? Not man enough to fight me?"

---------

Dr. Bailey and Spc. Crota quickly exited the room and shut the door behind them.

"Shelton!" Dr. Bailey shouted. "Should we return to the main room or stay here?"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soundwave just stood there for a moment before he slammed his fist into the ground, cracking the ground open even more before he once again, started to charge at Gustave, using the suit much like an actual charging rhino this time around, each step seeming to shake the ground somewhat, almost as if he could still see where Gustave was, despite mist having filled the room already

Aimee ducked underneath a robot, having just avoided it before something else flew at her, slamming her into the wall, only to realize that it had been Zyanya that had seemed to be thrown at her.

Yet, the Brazlian female just seemed to launch herself off Aimee and landed on the ground in front of the Vixen "Sorry about that"

"No problem, at least it wasn't anything dangerous" Aimee replied back with a nod to the other girl.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Gustave turned around to try and see through the mist but to no avail.

Suddenly, a massive force slammed into him and sent him flying into one of the discarded engine blocks.

He groaned as he pushed himself back to his feet. His heavy metal armor now had a substantial number of dents on it.He stretched his limbs, producing a sound like two pieces of metal scraping against each other.

"Not bad," Gustave said. He then backed up against a wall so Soundwave couldn't attack from behind.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Unfortunately Shelton had moved to the big window and was observing the effect of his mist.

"It's working!" he breathed, as he watched everybody in the room start having problems doing anything, but the robots had it worse than the organics. "Hmm, it could be a little thinner though."

He opened communication with Bailey's team. "Reduce the oxygen flow by maybe 25 percent! And lower the water pressure using the big valve on the left of each tank!"

------------------

Sharon snapped the casing of her gun in place. "There. I think..."

She noted that the bulk if their opponents were either blind-firing, or tryig to fkrce their way through the mist. "Concentrate your fire on Soundwave!" she yelled to the team.

Not bothering with the 'Take Three' business she simply crouched, took aim, and fired. The shotgun crackled in her arms and an electrical shock sent her crying out and the weapon falling from her hand.

She shuddered as she lay on the ground.

Alfred rolled under the desk and checked her vitals. "Crap! Sharon, are you conscious?"

"I'm...fine..." she coughed, sitting up. Her hands still tingled badly, and her pupils were dilated. "That wasn't bad; that actually felt kinda good......if I could somehow hook that up to a pair of handcuffs..."

Alfred looked at her like she was crazy. He anxiously flagged Dr. Zanasiu over. "Electrical short circuit; I think she may be in shock. We should get her out of this wet room quickly."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soundwave sent off a signal to the rest of his robots, to send them off towards where Bailey's team was right now, while he himself, decided to continue to deal with Gustave, ignoring the others for the time being.

He peered through the mist as his eyes fell upon Gustave once again, noticing that he was standing up against the nearest wall, which was clever of him.  He turned around and knowing full well that his Hydra was no longer intact, nor able to be activated....ripped off one of the heads of it and lunged it in the direction of where Gustave was.

"What the hell is that noise?" Aimee questioned as the Hydra head flew right past her, just scraping her chest as it did so, a slight tear in her shirt, but nothing that would actually harm her.  Her eyes watched it, as if it passed her in slow motion and for just a moment, she didn't even breathe until it passed by and in turn, she let off a long sigh of relief, taking in how lose it was to actually hitting her "Oh....that's....what it was...." she spoke, sounding just a tad nervous.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Zanasiu ran up to Sharon. "We need to get her medical attention as soon as possible!"

Alfred nodded. "I'll hold off the robots."

Dr. Zanasiu nodded as he slung his shotgun over his back and draped Sharon's arm over his shoulder.

"Hey, James, you wanna you know..."

Dr. Zanasiu shook his head, sending water flying from his wet hair.

He kicked open one of the doors and found himself in the hallway. He gently lay her down on the concrete floor.

He knelt down and kissed Sharon's snout. "Don' worry. We'll get you to the hospital as soon as we can."

Sharon nodded and watched as Dr. Zanasiu got his shotgun and headed back to do battle with Soundwave.

-------------------

Gustave narrowed his eyes, trying to see Soundwave.

Suddenly, he saw something heading towards him from the corner of his eye. He tried to leap out of the way only to land in a puddle of water and lose his balance. He swore profusely as he fell to the ground, his great weight cracking the concrete floor.

He groaned as he pushed himself back up to his feet.

His heart raced as he tried to peer through the mist that veiled the room.

-------------------

Dr. Bailey opened the door. "You heard Shelton! Move!"

"No s--- we heard him!" Spc. Crota spat as he slithered through the door.

As soon as the two were in, Dr. Bailey looked around the room. He grabbed the valve that linked to the tank where he had spliced in his oxygen cylinder. Muscles aching, he managed to half close the valve.

Spc. Crota felt some heavy approaching through his uniform. "Uh guys, I think someone - or something big is coming this way!"

"Can you hold them off while I deal with the oxygen and the water?" Dr. Bailey shouted as he sprinted across the wet floor to another tank.

Spc. Crota drew his pistol and checked the magazine. "We've only got two people who can shoot. And none of us have the strength to go hand-to-hand with Soundwave's robots."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soundwave aimed a rocket at Gustave next before letting it fire before following up with his heavy footsteps rushing towards the other being, ready to once again, get locked into hand to hand combat with the nile crocodile.

The rocket struck the wall right next to where Gustave was standing, only for Soundwave to follow up with a strike to Gustave's jaw, turning around and grabbing the decapitated Hydra head and kicking it in Gustave's direction.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks to the fact that Dr. Bailey and Spc. Crota had cut the water pressure, the mist had cleared enough so Gustave could see, allowing him to duck Soundwave's fist.

He saw the head speeding at him and tensed his muscles to wait for the right moment.

"Closer, closer," he muttered as the projectile sped towards him.

With a mighty clong, Gustave lashed his tail - now more like a five and a half foot steel club - and struck the Hydra head. Unfortunately his accuracy left something to be desired. The metal projectile slammed into the concrete wall and left an enormous crack.

As Soundwave came in for another attack, Gustave tried to tail whip him.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soundwave bought up his hands and grabbed onto Gustave's tail, yanking him forward as he pulled a fist back and slammed it into Gustave's jaw before bringing up a foot in order to to kick the crocodile back once again, stepping forward towards Gustave and swinging a fist upwards.

He stepped back once again and just stood there for just a moment as more of his suit started to crack open, to which Soundwave now started to take note of "Impossible" was all he had to say at it, believing that his suit was suppose to be indestructable, but was now being proved wrong in that sense.

"It seems as though I must pick up the pace and kill you much more quickly than first anticipated" Soundwave spoke as his chest piece started to open again and again, he started to power up his arc reactor, once again, powering it up to full power....

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton noted that Bailey's team was shortly going to get swamped in the water purification chamber. "Hawkeye, can you bust this window for me?" He jabbed his thumb at the large overlook to Soundwave's chamber.

Afterward he stuck his head out. "Some of you need to get down to the Water purification chamber and help Bailey, Crota, and Landon! The way is illuminated with lights!"

Masters took note. "Let's go!" he said to Zachary. "I'm not leaving Crota to die!"

Alfred, on the other hand, hefted the largest piece of rebar he could find lying on the ground. "I'm not leaving Gustave with that thing," he growled.

Flanking the grappling opponents, he came up behind Soundwave and attempted to club him in the back of the head.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Laqndon and Aisha readied their guns " we've got out guns just tell us when to start shooting " Aisha said, the lower water pressure created a emnmnvolope of water vapor, in the area..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Gustave shook his head to clear it. Despite his bones, tendons, skin and teeth being solid metal, he could still suffer internal injuries.

As soon as he saw the glow of the arc reactor powering up, he leapt and rolled behind a desk.

---------------------

Zachary, Sgt. Masters and Neville turned to Dr. Zanasiu and the Mongoose Cobalt soldier who were both busy fighting the robots.

"Will you be okay?" Zachary asked.

Dr. Zanasiu reloaded his shotgun as two bullets grazed his hair. "We'll be fine! Go!" he ordered.

Zachary nodded and exited the room, following the illuminated hallway.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soundwave seemed to shrug off the attack that Alfred assulted him with as he fired a blast, destroying the desk in the process and hopefully, striking Gustave at the same time.  As his chest closed back up, her turned around and grabbed Alfred by the throat and straight away, started to tighten his grip around the bison's throat, as if he was already, trying to kill Alfred.

(ooc: Of course, I wont kill Alfred, not unless that's what you're wanting)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hawkeye spun and slammed his wings through the window, shattering it in the process.  
"Taken care of, Shelton!"
He said coolly, lunging through the window.

Neku and Cale immediately lunged in, Neku flipping over, throwing a storm of electrical beam swords at Soundwave's chest as Cale lashed out at the joints of the armor...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Luckily, Alfred had managed to pry Soundwave's fingers away from his throat. He hit the floor with a grunt and quickly scurried behind an engine block as the storm of electrical daggers raced towards Soundwave.

The Bison rubbed his sore throat with his gloved hand. He then grabbed the engine block and hurled it at Soundwave. As soon as he did that, he sprinted to another heavy desk, covering the distance in mere seconds. For someone strong enough to shatter concrete barehanded and who weighed about 500 pounds, he was quite a fast runner.  

----------------

The desk had absorbed most of the blast, leaving Gustave slightly scorched but unharmed. "Al! Are you f---ing crazy! You can't fight Soundwave!"

He then got up and grabbed a massive chunk of concrete and tossed it at Soundwave.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soundwave took on all the strikes, first the electrical swords, then the engine and finally, the chunk of concrete, all hitting his chest in quick, swift motion.  However, as soon as the chunk of concrete hit, his chest piece just shattered, revealing the arc reactor completely "Not possible...." was all he could say as he started to step backwards.

Soon, he stood his ground and started to charge up the arc reactor one final time, almost as if it was a last minute effort to try and kill someone, powering it up to full power as he did so....

(ooc: I'd suggest actually striking it now, since it's permantly exposed)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: Well, my two characters are kinda stuck in their respective places so there's not much for me to do for the rest of this.)

A lone robot ran towards Soundwave's lair. The door opened invitingly when it reached the adjacent hallway, then crushed it when it was halfway through.

"Nope," Shelton muttered to himself from the control room.

He glanced to Roux. "So...you got stuck on 'protect Shelton' duty, huh? You should head out; right now, Aisha and the teammates in the water purification chamber are hopelessly outnumbered, and with your teleportation trick you're the only teammate who could get there in time. I can handle myself."

----------------------------------

Sharon jumped as she witnessed the robot's crashing entrance and destruction. She tried to get to her feet, but any amount of sitting up made her sick to her stomach,  so she crawled over on her hands and knees.

She observed the robot's intact arm cannon and smiled weakly. I can...make...this one work, she thought in bursts, since her brain was still addled. Fishing some metal instruments out of her pocket, she started tinkering, though she was doing more damage than good to the arm.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku saw the opening in Soundwave's chest, immediately darting in and jamming both his swords into the exposed Arc Reactor...

Roux nodded.  
"Alright.  I'm on my way!"
She said, flickering out of view...