The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers: Disruptive Selection

Serris · 5385 · 226277

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Lead the Way' aisha yelled as she followed Zanaisu out the door' Landon was right behind them, a row of stairs led up inside the oil rig the smell of fumes was pretty pungent here.' so whats the plan' Aiisha asked as they climbed..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Roux smirked.  
"I'm thinking we get the guards on here, set a few explosions off, and kaboom.  With me teleporting everyone to safety."
She giggled...

-Dragonstorm boarding crafts-

"Man, why did we get assigned guard duty?"
A younger-looking feline complained, leaning against a rail and looking at his compainion, an older canine.
"I don't know.  Nor do I care.  If we don't screw this up, then maybe they'll let us go after what's left of the alliance against us."
He said coldly, both guards oblivious to the faint blurs of movement, until the feline fell with a glass dagger through his neck, and the canine dropped to the deck, his head landing a few inches away as Cale and Kagetora flickered into view.  From a stack of canvas in the corner, Neku and Hawkeye stirred and got up.
"Alright, guys.  I think our friends are in there.  What do you say we go bail them out?"
Neku asked, grinning and drawing his sabers...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sounds like a plan" Landon smirked " just be careful Roux. The lsast time you teleported a lot of us you had to get a paw transplant.." " he'll be careful I;m sure of it " aisha said giving her a vote of confidence
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Dr. Zanasiu found the winch that lowered a boarding ramp. Suddenly, bullets began to ping off the ship's superstructure as he started cranking it.

"Give me some covering fire!" he shouted.

In reply, Alfred, the Cobalt Squad and Zachary shot at the guards near the

"Too slow!" Spc. Crota shouted as he cleared a jam on his rifle.

"Get Gustave!" Neville shouted as he fired a burst at some guards trying to throw a grappling hook onto the railings.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just before the grappling hook hit the rail, the entire area surrounding where it would land sparked and a bolt of blue electrical energy lanced out, striking the hook and shocking the guards holding it, as the rest of the glowing electrical current flowed onto the walkway, solidifying into Neku's form.  
"Heh.  Long time, no see, guys."
He chuckled...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hey Neku! Nice to see ya!" Dr. Zanasiu said. He grunted as a round smashed into his armored vest, forcing him to drop his gun.

Alfred dragged him behind the winch that the biologist had been cranking to lower the boarding ramp.

Suddenly, Gustave emerged through the opened hatch. He had his massive gun in one hand and his bandolier in the other. His shirt had been completely torn apart by small arms fire but his metallic skin was unmarred.

Several bullets struck him to no effect. "You're taking too long," he growled. He then took the heavy steel cable between his metallic teeth and with one bite, severed it.

The two ton boarding ramp crashed to the ground below with an almighty racket. Everyone present appeared to be dazed by the noise.

"Hey, Doc Landon, can you check on James?" Sharon asked as she changed magazines on her rifle. "He just got shot and I think he broke a rib or something."

Dr. Zanasiu was crouched against the winch. His hand was held to his sides.

Neville looked around. "Everyone with rifles or accurate long range attacks like Neku and Zachary, pick off the guards. Once that's done, we'll head down the ramp and force our way deeper into the complex. Any objections?"

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
will do. where is he? Lasndon asked before noticing him ' never mind i see him' he added heading over to him. ' lets take a look at that shall we?
_ Aisha noodded ' i'm coming with . landon you stay here and deal with the wounded.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku grinned, deflecting a few bullets with an electrical field.  
"I wouldn't waste the bullets on them, honestly.  If my estimations are right..."

A trio of figures stepped out of cover behind the guards, and, in a flash, dropped them with little effort.  Neku grinned and rolled his shoulders.  
"Help will be here in no time."
He chuckled...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That works too," Neville said with a shrug.

Dr. Zanasiu nodded as Dr. Landon approached. "It's okay." He then braced himself against the winch as he pushed himself to a standing position, giving off a hiss of pain as he did so. He then knelt down to grab his shotgun. "See, I'm fine!" The grimace on his face said otherwise.

"James," Sgt. Masters said. "If you're injured, you can pose a liability. I can't allow you to join in the assault."

Dr. Zanasiu opened his mouth when Sharon spoke. "He's right. Until Dr. Landon clears you, you'll have to stay here."

The Pelvanida biologist swore. Sharon took his hand and gently squeezed it. "James, don't worry. I'll be here with you."

Dr. Zanasiu smiled - or at least tried. "Thanks," he said, as he scratched her behind the ears. The Dhole's tail involuntarily wagged faster.

"Hey ow!" Spc. Crota exclaimed as he was struck why the Dhole's wagging tail. "Save the mushy love s--- for later. We're moving out!"

"Hey! Don't talk to our commander like that!" Zachary retorted as he moved down the boarding ramp.

Spc. Crota gave the finger to the Clydesdale as he slithered down the ramp after him.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well james, you definitely broke a rib, two in fact. the bullet did not hit any vital areas but it will need to come out anyewway' Landon Said hold still while I operate//
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Landon began removing the bullets
_ aisha smirked ' Good to see you guys Neku. How are things on your end going? Roux's been a big help to us..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Zenarchis sat up in his chair when two guards rushed into the room, one badly bleeding. "Sir, the battleship has dispatched a small force, roughly a dozen," the healthy guard panted. "Most importantly, some sort of metal beast is tearing through our defenses!"

Zenarchis quickly contacted Kerzach, Trinity, and O'Neil. "Dr. Zanasiu has arrived," he reported grimly.

"Excellent," purred Trinity. "I have a date with a certain vixen." She cut communication as she left her quarters.

"I'll go inform the backup troops," O'Neil replied. "In ten minutes I'll have them organized into a second line of defense,"

"Call them the third line," Zenarchis replied. "Our second line is a single individual, and he needs no support. Kerzach, meet me in my office, arm yourself."

-----------------------------

Shelton finished anchoring the battleship and ran up onto the main deck.

He spotted Aimee, Nixx and Zyanya standing over to the side.  "Hey, you girls want to help out, or anything?" he asked. "We're fighting people on the docks."

"I think Zyanya and Nixx are already fighting each other," Aimee shrugged, not quite sure herself.

"What the hell!" Shelton glanced at the two females.

Nixx had Zyanya in a stranglehold, but Zyanya was trying to free herself with her hands. As he watched, she delivered a hard punch to Nixx's solar plexus, sending the girl rolling off her.

"Hey!" Shelton almost stepped forward, but when Nixx threatened Zyanya with a syringe he decided to moderate from a distance. "Can you two wait until after the mission? You're two of the best fighters we've got, we'd love your help."

"What exactly would we do?" Zyanya asked, glancing aside at Shelton for a second and raising an eyebrow in an expression of curiosity.

"Well, uh, James suggested I get some bodyguards," Shelton offered. "I'm going to be branching off from the others rather quickly."

"You probably should have some," Zyanya shrugged. "I mean, you're not exactly a hÈroe de acciÛn...you'll probably get yourself killed alone."

Shelton decided to simply take that statement at face vaue and move on. "Great, so, I've got your help?"

"Excuse me?" spoke Nixx. "I don't help anyone, I'm a lone wolf" She picked up a pebble and threw it into the ocean.

"You're so useless," Zyanya replied back, folding her arms at the girl in question and adding, "I bet I can kill more guards than you," in an attempt to get her to do what she wants, and to insult her as well.

Nixx clenched her fists and turned red, "I can kill twice as many guards as you" she vaulted off the side of the ship, landing on her feet after a backflip on the dock.

"No fair starting early!" spoke Zyanya, running after the girl.

"Where are you going?" Shelton protested. He sighed, and glanced at Aimee. "At least you're sane--"

"--Trinity!" Aimee cried out, catching a glance of her arch-nemesis peeking out of a doorway at the far end of the base. Trinity made eye contact with her, smiled, and closed the door behind her.

"Better keep up with me Shelton, cause I'm leaving!" she announced, diving off the side of the boat and grabbing Shelton's hand.

"Augh!" Shelton barely had time to gasp before her robotic grasp dragged him off the deck and into the water.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha Followed the others onto the ramp and provided cover fire for the others as they tried to overwhelm the guards..
 landon meanwhile was continuing to work on James, it was slow going..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - The bullets were stopped by Dr. Zanasiu's armored vest. He still has a broken rib or two).

Dr. Zanasiu leaned against the winch to his feet as Dr. Landon continued inspecting him. He noticed that everyone was waiting for him. "Go on without me! Doc, Sharon and I'll catch up!" he ordered. He then turned to Gustave and Alfred. "You two! Guard Shelton!"

Gustave scowled. "Why would I guard that sack of s--- who got my family killed?" he rumbled.

Dr. Zanasiu gave an exasperated sigh. "For the love of f---!" He coughed several times. "That was several months ago!"

"How about no?"

The Pelvanida biologist sighed. "Alfred, Spc. Crota, Neville, you three guard Shelton!" He knew that forcing Gustave to do something he didn't want to do was a great way to get a terrible performance or get killed.

The three rushed down the ramp, startling a guard heading up the ramp. Alfred unceremoniously seized the guard by the front of her uniform and hurled her over the railing. He paid little heed to the screaming of the guard before she splattered onto the steel floor.

In a few minutes, they were at the edge of the docks.

"Shelton! Where are you?" Alfred asked. Neville and Spc. Crota were busy keeping an eye out for hostiles.

---------------

Dr. Kerzach ordered a guard to fetch him a shotgun along with a set of spur knives. The guard swiftly complied.

The Cassowary quickly strapped the two inch razored blades onto both his feet. He then swiftly loaded his shotgun and chambered a round.

He then headed to Dr. Kerzach's office. Several guards were rushing to form the second line of defense to keep Dr. Zanasiu's crew from pushing further into the oil rig.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(oK then I'll tweak my last post)
 Landon removed the last of the bone chips from the area and sewed James up
 we need to wrapping padding around that area before you can get back in there' he said.
_ aisha followed behind Alfrd here and there She could see Rouz popping in and out of sight taking out guards along the way..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton gasped and spluttered as Aimee dragged him out of the ocean and onto the far docks. "I must have swallowed a gallon of seawater," he choked, "Why did we--?"

"Trinity!" Aimee narrowed her eyes, glancing at the nearby oil rig. "I'm not letting her get away from me!" she didn't let go of Shelton, merely dragged him towards the entrance into the deeper, hidden parts of the base..

Nixx and Zyanya were ahead of them, already having finished off any guards that happened to be around the area, which weren't many, as it were.

"For the love of...slow down--!" Shelton stumbled to keep his footing. "Okay, Jesus! Let's go." As if he had a choice.

============

Luckily Neville had good eyesight.

"Shelton's...uh...he's over there," he pointed, at a clump of small figures on the docks about as far from the boat as possible.

"What the hell?" exclaimed Crota, using his scope as a magnifier. "What the hell is he doing over there?"

"More importantly, how do we get over there?" asked Neville, noticing Shelton start to retreat into the base. "Or do we give up and go back to Dr. Zanasiu?"

=================

Sharon sniped a guard. "Resistance is thinning!" She whooped. "How soon until we make a run for the base?"

"We have to look out for snipers," warned Zachary.

"I believe I've dispatched all snipers on the rig," reported Masters, resolutely continuing to search the nooks and corners of structure through his scope.

"They're just gonna keep pouring out the front door if we don't bring the fight to them," growled Mongoose. "Better indoors, where we can use walls for cover, in my opinion."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Landon straightened up. alright james you can move now.. He said.. alets go jhoin the others..
 Aisha took out a guard on a catwalk.. thewre were only a handful left.. ' we're allmost there guyds! she called
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Zanasiu staggered to his feet and coughed a bit. "Still hurts a bit. Got some painkillers or something?"

"Isn't that a bad idea?" Sharon asked.

"Hopefully they're non-narcotic." The Pelvanida biologist then picked up his shotgun and reloaded it.

-----------------

Gustave was at the bottom of the boarding ramp. "Hey! You four! Move it!" he bellowed.

A sniper's bullet pinged off his head. In response, Sgt. Masters fired his rifle, killing the sniper.

-----------------

Neville checked his ammunition. "Follow him."

"You're the boss," Alfred said as he jogged along the steel docks. "Shelton! Where are you going!"

"He's not gonna hear you, just shut up and chase him!" Spc. Crota replied.

With that said, the trio set off in pursuit of Shelton.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dont have any painkillers on me unfortunately' Landon replied You'll just have to grit it out James.." He added as he pulled out his gun.. " lets go help dipose of Dragonstorm- for good this time..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha ran and caught up with Alfred ' Hold on guys I'm coming with you" she said as he r followed the trio across the docks..' Where the heck is he going? she muttered as she tried to keep pace with the others..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: