The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Heavy Rain

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Who here has had the chance to play this game yet?  I've been playing it for a bit and man, it's rather interesting, trying to find the Oragami Killer and all, I mean, so far, there has been a plot twist or two.

And I just love the whole interactive thing they've done on it, it's worked wonders indeed, moving the controler up and down for one thing, pushing buttons in a certain sequence for another thing.

And what's more, there are apparantly, 22 different possible endings to get on the game, and for me, I am aiming to be as perfect as I can be on it this time through XD

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I played the demo of Heavy Rain when it came out on the PSN. I have to admit that the character models and animation is sublime. SCCA really have gone to town working on this and it looks gorgeous as a result. As far as immersion goes, it works but my biggest gripe with it I was thinking during the whole experience was "Do I really wanna fork out 40 quid on game based entirely on QTEs?" My immediate answer would be "no" coz QTEs have started to irritate me in recent game releases due to serious overuse. I suppose my biggest drive to play Heavy Rain would be the chance to actually get to the end and find out what happened and ultimately find out who the Origami Killer is (somehow this kinda comes across as a game that probably wouldn't tell you anyway  :lol). My issue is that this almost doesn't present itself as a game but more like an "interactive movie" whereby you just tie one cutscene to the next. This would definitely be a rental title for me. As great as it looks, I doubt I'd replay Heavy Rain once I finished it once even with the multiple endings available. It's too "semi-automatic" for me I feel.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I had rented it out myself, and the one gripe I have is that they only walk everywhere, not actualy run or job, only in very few certain scenes.

And don't worry, they do tell you who the Origami Killer is in the game, but I aint saying nothing.  Best to rent it out at least, it is still worth playing, that's for sure ;)