The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5633 · 290403

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A unicorn strode up to where Jason and his group were.  He had on shorts which hid his cutie mark, so whatever it may be they could not see.

"Ah, there you are.  Had a devil of a time tracking down the alien tardis mine detected, with the stuff going on.  Then I picked up the same tardis in 2 places at the same time. "  The unicorn said.  He winked at Jason.  "Bending the laws of time are we?"  

"Do you know each other?" Velma asked.

"I do believe we're both different versions of the same person.  Like the animated Jason some of you have met." Jason said.

"OOh, another version.  I look forward to meeting him too." The unicorn said.  "I guess he's a non pony biped like yourself?"

"Not other one." Brooklyn said.  

"I think It's neat.  I wonder if there are any other versions of me." Gnash said.

"Yes.  Though he's not a flesh non animated like I am." Jason said to the unicorn.  Then to Gnash he smiled a bit, "Could be.  I know there are more then 1 version of Velma." He said.   "I suspected there may be a pony version of me when I had a brief conversion with Doctor Whooves.  I never suspected there was a pony version of Gallifrey before." Jason said.   "Or Gallopfry he called it."

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(OOC - MrDrake, your turn.)

Applejack whistled. "Dang, ya'lls flyers can fly like the best of our pegasi!"

Rarity levitated a set of opera glasses as she saw Lt. Martin corkscrew through the air with two Wonderbolts flanking her. "I must say, these alien performers are simply dazzling."

"Spike!" Twilight exclaimed. "You must be enjoying this! Isn't it wonderful to see such powerful and heavy beings fly like the lightest Pegasi?"

"'Heavy' is a bit of understatement, Twilight," Captain Carson said. "Rainbow - in her current flight configuration - weighs almost 79,000 pounds."

Twilight's jaw dropped - nothing in Equestria weighed nearly that much.

-------------------

Rainbow flew next to Rainbow Dash and Spitfire. "All right, it's time for the finale. You all ready?"

Dash smiled. "Yeah! Let's do it!" She then rapidly climbed into the sky just as Lt. Martin finished a mock dogfight with one of the Wonderbolts. She then winked to the crowd and shot off a few flares as she sped off to the airstrip to be cleaned up in preparation for the grand finale.

Rainbow continued her straight flight and then, to everypony's astonishment, reared up for her Pugachev's Cobra stunt. Instead of holding the pose, she leaned back more and did what was essentially a backflip in the air. At the same time, her belly and wing mounted flare dispensers activated, drawing a glowing circle of golden fire. She then winked at the crowd to thunderous applause. A flash of rainbow colored light in the distance hinted that Rainbow Dash was preparing to do a Sonic Rainboom through the circle of fire.

(OOC - Spitfire can do whatever she wants during this stunt.)

------------------

(Spire of Winter)

In the engineering section of the ship, several of the engineers rushed into the room where Trixie was currently attempting to build a nuclear bomb.

"What are you doing!?" the head engineer asked as he laid eyes on what was quite obviously some sort of explosive device.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Spike nodded, "It's wonderful.  I didn't think anything that heavy, but dragons, could fly."  Spike said before he grabbed a handful of popcorn that he threw into his mouth.  

"The only thing better would be if they had some gem sprinkles on their popcorn." Spike said looking upward to watch the show again.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(Spire of Winter)

"It is a nuclear bomb.  Twilight Sparkle did not trust Trixie that she was able to build one correctly, but Trixie still wishes to show Twilight that she is able to do such a thing" Trixie replied back a bit proudly, despite there being no real evidence of the bomb even close to being built, since Trixie really had no idea as to how she was trying to build it.

She just went back more of the junk that was available "No, not good enough, wrong length, a potato chip, wrong colour, wrong kind of metal, yes, this one will do as well, good enough, yup, good materiel needed" she continued to look through the pile of junk still.

(Canterlot)

Spitfire nodded back to the others as the show went underway, she herself flying around of course, doing her various stunts for the show in question.

(OOC: If you want to Serris, you can finish off the show anyway)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Flash exciedl;y told her parents about all the fun things she had been doing. " we went swimming, had ice cream, went to the beach. This place is great Mom! I wish you were here, but grandma says I'm too young to go on adebventures with you yet.."
 She's right dear" Tiger said with a warmness in his voice that was surprising.. ' You go play with grandma and grandpa and soon your mom and I can hear all the stories..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Spire of Winter)

The head engineer frowned. "Yeah, no. Captain Carson forbids nuclear devices aboard this ship. Take it apart and never attempt to build something like that again."

He and his crew watched and waited.

----------------

(Canterlot Palace)

By this time, the air had gotten quite thick with humidity. The sun still shone brightly in the sky.

A loud crack-boom made everyone's head turn upwards. When they did so, they saw a brilliant polychromatic shockwave spreading into a disk shape. The interaction between Rainbow's flares and Dash's Sonic Rainboom, threw the flares into the skies.

Rainbow screamed over the crowds at over 400 miles per hour. To their astonishment, when she lit her afterburners, pushing her past the transonic region, a halo of clouds instantly formed around her, Amazingly, light from the sun lit up the wispy halo in rainbow colors.

"Is...Is that a Sonic Rainboom?" Applejack said with her jaws agape.

"Nope. It's just light refracting through the cloud formed when Rainbow went supersonic," Captain Carson replied.

Rainbow banked as she bled off speed and eventually landed in the field. Rainbow Dash landed next to her. Lt. Martin was there as well.

"Pretty neat tricks." Her face then turned into a scowl. "But how the hay did you pull off a Wonic Rainboom! That's my trick and mine alone!"

"Hey! It was just mere coincidence of the humidity and the sun!"

Celestia smiled as she approached the two planes. "My word. I have never seen such dazzling aerial performances since last year's Young Flyers' Competition! When you be next available?"

"Sorry, Your Majesty, but we do not know when we can return for leisure," Rainbow replied.

"I understand. Now I have to lower the sun and attend to some royal duties. I trust you will be able to see yourselves out?"

Rainbow Dash flew over to Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. "Hay of a show, eh?"

Captain Carson finished her vegetarian hors d'ouvre. "Okay, we're heading back to the ship and preparing for takeoff."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
With the show over stripetail teleported his team back to yje ship. samia and dulcy heade to their room in  the hotel, while Tiger and Miss Kitty welcomed Scooby and Dixie back, both cats had a good tan going " you guys look real brown dixie smiled as they entere thier room. " wel we've been tabbing all day.. so what are we dioing tomorrow?
 We're heading towards the next planet.. Scooby saiud.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That was great." Spike said.  "Now what ?" He asked looking over at Twilight.  

-----------

"That was fun." Jason said.

"I guess it's time we moved on to the next place.  Where ever he has had the ship go to." Brooklyn said.

"With his prisoners and slaves." Velma said as she looked up into the sky for a moment.

"I can't wait till we catch up with them." Gnash said.

Brooklyn shook his head, "We have to think of rescuing his prisoners and slaves, including the ponies he took from here."

"Here and maybe Ponyville." Guilmon said.  

"We can drop them off here.  I'm sure the ponies themselves know where they live and they can see to getting them home." Brooklyn said.  "after any needed treatment."

"It does sound like a rather nasty business." The unicorn said shaking his head.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Twilight looked at Spike. "Well since we did volunteer to go with the aliens. I guess we should go with them."

Applejack rubbed the back of her head with a hoof. "Ah gotta say mah goodbyes first."

"I must see that my affairs are in order and that Sweetie Belle has an appropriate foalsitter before I begin this sojourn," Rarity said.

"Can't you bring Sweetie Belle with us?" Ms. Swimmer asked.

"As captain of the Spire of Winter, I veto that decision!" Captain Carson exclaimed.

"I am sorry Ms. Swimmer but that mare's right. Sweetie Belle and her friends to tend to get themselves in trouble."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"How long do we have to do what we need to do before your ship leaves?" Spike asked, thinking that was important information they should know.  I assumed he should pack a lot of quills, ink and scrolls among perhaps some other things.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
phoeniz
 it was late at night and nick was wrapping up the last chores on the ship
 he was exhausted having been working for the past 16 hours with nary a break, mostly loading the ship full of the canisters of screams from waternooses stores ' Do we have all the screams onboard " HE asked Kerzach tiredly..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Canterlot)

Twilight turned to Captain Carson. "Captain, how long do we have until departure?"

Captain Carson looked at her watch. "We have about four hours while the the repulsorlifts get warmed up and the damage is repaired."

"Great! Spike! Follow me!"

"All right, see you at the starship!"

Captain Carson hopped on her dune buggy with Dr. Zanasiu and Zachary and sped off. Mr. Bigmouth got in the driver's seat of the repulsorsled. Ms. Swimmer, Twilight, Rarity, Applejack and Ms. Swimmer hopped on the rear of the repulsorsled.

-----------------------

(Phoenix)

Dr. Kerzach placed the last canister of scream onto the pallet. "F---! I need a nap!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Unfortunately we likely wont get one.. Nick said bitterly ' its up at 5 work until midnight or later.. all for no pay..
 chong walked into the room ' i expected those canistered loaded 30 minutes ago/ why are you dawdling?' he demanded..
Spire of Winter
 du;lcy and smia settl;ed into bed,., both exhausted from the days events. agumon and agumina stayed up for a bit in the training room..stitch and angel went to bed, along with lilo.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Right." Spike said, ready to follow Twilight Sparkle.

"Shall I make a list of things to do as we go?" Spike asked, not sure if Twilight would prefer that or wait till they got somewhere before starting the list.

-------------

Jason stood up.  "It's about time we return to our own time, though I"m sure we'll visit here again, in the future." Jason said looking around.

"Or maybe we already have." Guilmon said smiling a bit mischievously.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tiger and tigeress listened to Flash chatter on gfor about ten more minutes then said good night to her.
 Kopa kiara and thier mates were in bed
 Cynder  and Spyro snuggled toigether both were tired and ready for a rest..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As the convoy returned to Ponyville, Twilight levitated a quill in front of her as she examined her checklist. "I believe quills, inkpots, parchment and scrolls are all that are necessary."

"You are welcome to use our laboratory and engineering equipment if you wish," Mr. Bigmouth said.  

-------------

(Spire of Winter)

As the dune buggy pulled into the vehicle bay, Captain Carson was greeted by two soldiers.

"Captain!" the first soldier said. "We found a unicorn trying to build a nuclear bomb."

Captain Carson scowled. "Has it been disarmed?"

"Yes."

-------------

(Phoenix)

"We had a bit of an accident," Dr. Kerzach replied. "A few of the canisters ruptured due to poor workmanship."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I see.. fine then Chong scowked " we are leaving this planet and heading towards a nearby quadrant.. a planet full of dragons anbd other magical creatures.. one of you will need to feed our guest Kratos.. be sure not to accident;yu free him, it will like;y be the last thing you ever do" Chong smirked
( phoenix"
 Scooby Dixie and arlene headed in followed by Ratchet Angela and clank. We'll be in sppace shortly' Angela said " Fine time too,  we need a change of scenery.." angela said as they entered thier room..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Best to put down extras.  Always a good idea to have extras." Spike said, thinking back on how many scrolls Twilight went through at times, not to mention quills and ink.    "I wonder if they'll have any gems.  The cafe here never does for some reason." Spike said.  "You'd think they'd have some gems, even just a few."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mr. Bigmouth shook his head. "No we don't have gems. We do however have mining shuttles that can harvest raw materials from asteroids or planetoids for the onboard factories."

Applejack and Rarity returned.

"Hey, any of y'all see Applebloom?" Applejack asked.

Ms. Swimmer shrugged. "Thought she was with you."

"Last I saw, they were receiving flying lessons from Captain Carson," Mr. Bigmouth replied.

Rarity sighed. "That mare's gonna be busy keeping them out of trouble."

Mr. Bigmouth started up the sled's engines and headed out of Ponyville as the two ponies boarded.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"I give up!" Drake exclaimed, droppong onto his tail and crossing his arms. He grimaced, closed his eyes, and lowered his head.

"You're joking right?" Swoop asked, glancing away from where he'd been reprogramming the spell core. He dropped the panel of golden metal down and sat next to his friend. "If we don't do something, we're as good as dead."

The blue dragon sighed and rubbed his forehead with his fingertips. "Look, Swoop, the Gold Star's built to run in ether. We have no idea how we ended up here or what's even out there. According to the sensors, it's just an empty void. We're lucky the bubble spell's working, but no amount of tinkering is going to get our core working out here. Unless luck intervenes, we're as good as dead."

He glanced at his friend. They held each other's gaze, neither really altering their expressions, but both could tell what was going through the others' mind. Their eyes were hollow and their expressions tight and downtrodden. They had a day's supply of food and water left, then they'd have to hope someone found them before the lack of nourishment did them in.

"Well, I ain't dying laying down," the fox said, standing back up. "It's not my way and I sure don't believe it's your way either!"

The dragon sighed. "Stubborn dog."