The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Internet Before Time [Updated 2020/11/18]

Stardisk · 76 · 11494

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I couldn't quite picture the concept of 'Internet Before Time' before scrolling down, and boy oh boy, it didn't disappoint!  70% of the time I was snickering uncontrollably!!  There are so many Easter eggs in these pseudo posts  :lol:!

The YouTube video by far my personal favourite.  Everyone's perfectly in character, even within this anachronistic scenario!  Trust Cera to edit it to 'You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)'.  Poor Ducky tried so hard to reel her in, only for Mr. Threehorn to give her the Father's Seal of Approval.  Funny how you can see that Littlefoot's the one watching the video.  Can't see his reaction, but it goes without saying that he was irked on behalf of longneck kind.  Wait a minute ... Littlefoot's 'A Little Creepy Crawlie Scares Cera' video got 1.4M VIEWS?!?  I'm starting to feel less sympathetic for Littlefoot.  The other video suggestions are a hoot!  'Crazy Stone Eater', 'Cera and Flathead are Dating!?!?', 'Ducky Plans for Great Valley Domination', 'Chomper Caught Eggnapping', 'Local Mud Brother Exposed'!  I'm still snickering  :lol: :lol: :lol:!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh man I keep forgetting to comment on this. Well done once again! It's clear a lot of thought has gone into this.

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Stardisk's strange digital corner
I couldn't quite picture the concept of 'Internet Before Time' before scrolling down, and boy oh boy, it didn't disappoint!  70% of the time I was snickering uncontrollably!!  There are so many Easter eggs in these pseudo posts  :lol:!
Thank you, The Mr E! I glad that you liked my series!
Easter Eggs are the feature of the series. And by the way, Youtube was the most complicated part.

Oh man I keep forgetting to comment on this. Well done once again! It's clear a lot of thought has gone into this.
Flathead770, thanks!

And I will post new part very soon. It is almost done.
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation

View my art project Internet Before Time (last update was 2020/11/18!)

Discussion of LBT games for PS1

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Part 5 is here!
The idea was offered me by @RainbowFaceProtege.

And, as usual, 6 new emoticons.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Yay, Chomper is here! ^^

*insert here joke about vertical videos*: Why Cera's webcam has vertical videofeed?
Gladly, we can see source emotion. :D

Well done!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I see that the Gang is taking the quarantine procedures very seriously in the Great Valley. Exemplary behavior from the young dinosaurs. :p Those rainbowfaces must have done something to Littlefoot because I don't think he's at home anymore. But more importantly, why is Cera the only one to have her webcam vertical? I think she might need some help in this regard. :thudLOL

Good to see this continue. Keep them coming! They're making my day! Where's is Ruby, though? She's not usually too far away from Chomper. :RubyCurious

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Well done!
Thank you, Sneak!

Yay, Chomper is here! ^^
Yeah, as I promised that he will appear soon.

*insert here joke about vertical videos*: Why Cera's webcam has vertical videofeed?
She just placed her phone in the wrong orientation :D

Good to see this continue. Keep them coming! They're making my day!
Thanks, Anagnos!
I'm trying to do weekly updates for these series, but something goes wrong  :littlefoot

I see that the Gang is taking the quarantine procedures very seriously in the Great Valley. Exemplary behavior from the young dinosaurs. :p
Well, yeah. But when I started drawing that, the quarantine measures hadn't been tightened yet. Coincidence...

Those rainbowfaces must have done something to Littlefoot because I don't think he's at home anymore.
He just used the Zoom function "replace background" :D

But more importantly, why is Cera the only one to have her webcam vertical? I think she might need some help in this regard. :thudLOL
As I said earlier, she just placed her phone in the wrong orientation (references to the previous part)  :feelsgoodman

Where's is Ruby, though? She's not usually too far away from Chomper.
I know quite little about her. I've met her only once, in LBT14, and still don't know some details.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well done once again! Looks like Littlefoot is trying to be all proper with having a custom background :p

It looks like the invite and manage participants icons have sharp teeth on them now? Would have been great to have a more dino looking icon however. Still, great job!  :chompysmile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very good, once again! I like that Spike is muted  :lol And yeah, Littlefoot is hanging out in beyond the mysterious beyond which is cool :D

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Well done once again! Looks like Littlefoot is trying to be all proper with having a custom background :p
It looks like the invite and manage participants icons have sharp teeth on them now? Would have been great to have a more dino looking icon however. Still, great job!  :chompysmile
Thank you, Flathead770!
Well, there are no people in LBT-universe, so I've changed any people icons like this:

Such icons also were in some previous parts. I'll think about changing the design of them in the future.

Very good, once again! I like that Spike is muted  :lol And yeah, Littlefoot is hanging out in beyond the mysterious beyond which is cool :D
Mumbling, thank you!
Yeah, it is the reference to Spike's inability to talk. Littlefoot's custom background is the reference to my interest in space  :littlefoot

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Extra extra, read all about it, 10 new emotes!

:ceraboo :cerasus :chomper :Dducky :duckyOK  :littlefootangry  :littlefoot:) :petrieLOL :petrieooohh :spikenotamused
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 02:15:46 AM by Mumbling »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I’m really glad to see this project gain more and more recognition overtime Stardisk. Awesome job dude!
:petrieLOL :Dducky

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Extra extra, read all about it, 10 new emotes!
Thank you for adding new emotes!

I’m really glad to see this project gain more and more recognition overtime Stardisk. Awesome job dude!
Me too, thanks!

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This is amazing! I really enjoy this project and the emotes that are coming from it!  :petrieooohh

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
This looks so fantastic! I love how Littlefoot added a fancy background to his video :littlefoot:) and Cera's camera is turned the wrong way! :cerasus   :lol  Muted Spike is perfectly fitting as well, and the change to the people icons is a nice touch. I also had fun looking for that "Stardisk's Nonsense" Easter egg you always hide in there...for a moment, I thought you'd left it out, but I was wrong. :D

Amazing job!!

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
You thought that I've abandoned the project, didn't you?
NO.
I just was too busy, so I had to postpone any creative activity. Sorry for that.

Part 6 is here!
It is a cumulative idea, which has merged ideas by @OwlsCantRead and @ImpracticalDino.

there is a real company named Ducky in our real world, and it produces very expensive keyboards

3 new emoticons:
Spoiler: ShowHide

« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 03:45:08 AM by Stardisk »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Not gonna lie, I had mostly forgotten about the Internet Before Time, probably due to how long it has been since the last update. But I can understand that often circumstances make it difficult to provide regular updates. I'd be more than happy to donate for this project. I love how Littlefoot is fully supportive while Cera is slightly questioning what this project can offer, both in contrast of their individual character. Now we just need to get everyone else in the Great Valley into this project. Who knows, maybe even outside the valley it will garner interest. :smile

We definitely need more backers in this project, folks. Spread the word, everyone. :p Once again, great work on this, Stardisk. I'll be looking forward for the next one in due time. :littlefoot:)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Great job! As always!

What does Ducky wear on her head?

I wonder: why exactly 980754 treestars? Why this particular number?

About emotes: Littlefoot and Ducky scare me... Seems their dark sides strike back... :O Cera seems to worry about them...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 04:53:01 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Not gonna lie, I had mostly forgotten about the Internet Before Time, probably due to how long it has been since the last update. But I can understand that often circumstances make it difficult to provide regular updates. I'd be more than happy to donate for this project. I love how Littlefoot is fully supportive while Cera is slightly questioning what this project can offer, both in contrast of their individual character. Now we just need to get everyone else in the Great Valley into this project. Who knows, maybe even outside the valley it will garner interest. :smile

We definitely need more backers in this project, folks. Spread the word, everyone. :p Once again, great work on this, Stardisk. I'll be looking forward for the next one in due time. :littlefoot:)

Thank you, Anagnos!
I will try to avoid so long delays between parts in future and release new parts every 1-2 weeks, not more.

Great job! As always!

What does Ducky wear on her head?

I wonder: why exactly 980754 treestars? Why this particular number?

About emotes: Littlefoot and Ducky scare me... Seems their dark sides strike back... :O Cera seems to worry about them...
Sneak, thank you!

Black and white Ducky is a parody logo of the real manufacturer of expensive keyboards named Ducky.

link, if you are interested.  not an ad

980754 is a just randomly typed number, there is no any hidden sense  :littlefoot
but there is another hidden sense - Littlefoot donated 50 treestars, and Cera donated only 2

Yes, here I wanted to exchange a bit their usual emotions
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 05:14:04 PM by Stardisk »

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just wanted to apologize for missing a lot of the new developments with this project.  In particular the developments from the last month is new to me, and I must say that I am greatly impressed.  :)littlefoot  The zoom call in particular is quite on-brand with what a lot of instructors and students have had to contend with lately, and your depiction of what the gang would be like on the Internet is quite spot on.  Cera the Internet troll?  Someone would be quite impressed!   :bestsharptooth ;)Cera  :taunttroll

Finally, I must admit that I have not been familiar with the Ducky brand of high-end keyboard products and that makes the latest entry all the more perfect.  If the products that Ducky has in mind with her Trickstarter are similar to the actual Ducky brand, then she might become quite the treestar rich swimmer in time.  ;)Cera

I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us next!  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.