The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Good places to share fanfiction?

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
:rainbowwave
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 10:28:00 AM by RainbowFaceProtege »

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry, I don't know such places besides popular fanfiction sites, like fanfiction.net.
I am sure there's some sites somewhere, where people post Disney fanfics in general, or smaller groups related to individual cartoon or series, like our Gang of Five about Land Before Time.

Sad to see there's a lot of junk fics on popular fanfiction sites. :(

(off topic: I think your second banner is broken, Rainbow.)

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
DeviantArt and FurAffinity could be good places for fanfiction, seeing as posting literature is an option on both of those sites.

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
Oof, I feel that. I've had troubles working out Fanfiction.net, and Archive of Our Own and Wattpad can be just plain disgusting at times. :x :neutral I've been to the Land Before Time section on AO3 before...huge mistake. :facepalm

I own a Tumblr blog (right here), (warning for occasional language) and that's where I post my 6teen fanfics these days. If you're okay with Tumblr it's probably my best suggestion. Plus there's all sorts of handy-dandy blogs to help with your writing inspiration. :rainbowwave
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 09:00:59 PM by HotelValleyfornia »
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
:x :neutral I've been to the Land Before Time section on AO3 before...huge mistake. :facepalm
Dare I ask?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
:x :neutral I've been to the Land Before Time section on AO3 before...huge mistake. :facepalm
Dare I ask?

Believe me...I fear if I said some of the stuff I've seen this topic could end up in After Midnight. :neutral These dinos are TOO YOUNG for what those people write :x
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Oof, I feel that. I've had troubles working out Fanfiction.net, and Archive of Our Own and Wattpad can be just plain disgusting at times. :x :neutral I've been to the Land Before Time section on AO3 before...huge mistake. :facepalm

I own a Tumblr blog (right here), (warning for occasional language) and that's where I post my 6teen fanfics these days. If you're okay with Tumblr it's probably my best suggestion. Plus there's all sorts of handy-dandy blogs to help with your writing inspiration. :rainbowwave

Honestly AO3 is the only fanfiction site I'd recommend anyone use. It has a more attentive staff, it has a wide array of features to help you curate your experience and avoid what you don't like, and there's no fear of fics being deleted by the site admins out of the blue. Authors there get to enjoy the relative safety of not having to worry about being sued into the ground, which was a problem before its existence. FF.Net is too antiquated and Wattpad is too delete happy.
Dare I ask?

The thing to remember about AO3 is that it's staunchly anti-censorship. So long as it's legal to write about/create fiction for by US law, it is permitted on AO3. This means you will find some rather...questionable fics. But it has a great set of features to curate your own experience so as long as you know how to use the tagging system, you should be able to avoid fics you don't want to see. Just don't report fics just because you feel icky about them. Not only will that be ignored, but you run the risk of getting permabanned if you keep doing it. Oh and don't harass authors either. Though small, AO3's staff is more attentive than, say, FF.Net and if you break their TOS too many times, you'll also get permabanned.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
AO3 is great, I write erotica and it's the only place I don't have to worry about getting banned because FF.net or Wattpad randomly decided X or Y is no longer allowed, or for no reason whatsoever. They have incredibly diverse and extensive tagging that lets you filter out anything undesirable you don't want to read. I've also found it far, far better for building a readership than other sites, the lack of an algorithm means you get just as much traffic as you work to get. And lastly the general quality of writing seems higher across the site compared to their competitors, some of the best things I've ever read were on a random AO3 account. It's definitely where I'd recommend going compared to the alternatives.