The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Bashful One

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim smiles, "Thanks, I'm sure you will be better then I will when the time comes.  Though I do hope he's not surprised while he is flying."

______

Littlefoot nods, "Ok, we usually do it over there." he said pointing with his tail.  "Lets go over there, both of you can rest and I"ll make sure there are enough logs for everyone, though there are usually a few lying around nearby." He said.  

Ducky climbed onto Littlefoot's back before he started off.  He remembered to go slower then usual so Vylor would find it very easy to keep up.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix smiled as he said "Thank you....and he did once....and it took me a whole bright circle to find him in the sticky goo. And it took him a week to wash it all off." Cyrix laughed as he remembered the memory and tried to decide how best to wake up his nephew.

_____

Ruby and Chomper looked around not really knowing where Denton had disappeared to..."Do you think he got lost?" asked Chomper with concern. Ruby however remained optimistic as she said "Well where ever he is, is where he is, so it's safe to say he's okay...I hope."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim gigled, "I am glad he fell in something soft, but I can imagine how he looked afterwards."  She paused think a moment, "I guess he doesn't wake up on his own?" She asked.

_____

Littlefoot looked around with some worry on his face, "Anyone remember where we saw him last.  He could easily get lost in the valley since he doesn't remember his way around." He said.

Ducky thought, trying to remember where she had seen him last.  "We left Chomper's hatching area and had just gotten to one of the areas we play toss the tree seed." Ducky said, "That is the last I heard him talk, it is."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"You've guessed right....I wonder which method I should choose today? Hmm...no....not that one....that one takes too long....AH!" Cyrix licked his finger tip and said to Mim, "Here hold him for a moment..." Cyrix then slid his wet finger into Longtail's ear, prompting the flyer to squirm like a fish out of water until his eyes snapped open and he tried to tail whip his uncle, as is his only defense, but accidently hits Mim by mistake....

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Meanwhile, Denton was wondering around trying to find the others. He had regretted nosing around and had lost track of the gang. Where he was, the brush was thick and often hard to get through.

'Where is everyone?' he wondered to himself, and he called out to them hoping they'd hear him.

He tried to recall a few of the names, he could only remember Littlefoot so he called by that name

"Littlefoot!" he called out

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods taking a gentle hold of Longtail so he doesn't hurt himself when he fully awakens, though with only 2 hands she can't hold onto his tail as well and not being experienced in his species doesn't know what his tail can do.  So he manages to hit her across her face.  She lets go with a "Ow!" Her hands jerking reflexively to her face and she lets him go.

____

Littlefoot looks over to Chomper, "Chomper can you use your sniffer to tell where he is or find him?" He asked.

Ducky nods, "oh, yes, Chomper has a good sniffer, he can easily find him. Yep, yep, yep."

Petrie nods, "He sniffer good." He agreed.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Denton continued to wonder deeper and deeper into the forest terrain.

"Littlefoot!" He continued to call out, he started to tremble at the thought of being lost

"Anybody?!?" He continued

Sudenly there was a 'psst' sound nearby, Denton looked over to see two glowing eyes glaring out at him from the bushes

"Hey, kid, come over here." said a hissy voice

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix is now physically torn between throttling his nephew, and rushing to Mim's aid...so he did both. He was at Mim's side immediately holding her to make sure she was okay. As it turns out Longtail's tail is the most sensitive part of his body, and knowing this Cyrix stomps down on it hard, giving Longtail a reason to scream in pain...sheding tears and asking "Please uncle...I'm sorry Mim...please just stop!"

___

Chomper then nods at Littlefoots idea and says "Yeah my sniff is great...I'll find him no problem!" and he began to sniff the air....trying to pick up Denton's scent....and then "I got it! This way!" said the little sharptooth as he ran ahead of his friends sniffing the air as he went.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim rubs the part of her face where Longtail's tail hit.  She looks at Cyrix, holding him.  "I'm ok," She says to both, "I was more startled then hurt, I didn't think his tail could do that.  It was no more then a slap really." she said, moving one hand to rub the area gently.  It has only the slightest hint of red.  "It's not any worst then that."  She looks at Cyrix and Longtail trying to add a bit of humor to the situation, "I guess we all have had a surprise today." She said.

___

Littlefoot followed along behind Chomper, carrying Ducky and Petrie.  "You'll find him in no time.  You have the best sniffer in the whole valley." He said.

"Even beyond." Petrie said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hearing Mim's explanation, he slowly released his foot off of his nephew's tail, and Longtail sat there silently looking remorseful to his uncle and his...aunt. 'I guess I do have to call her that now...but he didn't have to step on my tail so hard...it still hurts.'

"I hope this has taught you not to use your tail so recklessly." scolded Cyrix and Longtail could only sit there and nod his head, still to upset to speak.

____

Chomper continued to sniff the air with his nose, and it lead into the forest of darkness...but that didn't stop Chomper, and as he stepped in he said to Littlefoot and the others, "I smell something else too....it kinda smells like a threehorn, but it kinda doesn't what do you think it means?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim looked at them both, putting a hand on both of them.  "It was an accident, accidents happen." She said trying to cheer them both up as she patted each of them. "We'll all have to be a bit more careful next time."

___

Littlefoot thought for a moment before responding, "Maybe it's someone like a threehorn but has only 2 horns, or none, like Mr. Thichnose.  He looks like a threehorn except his kind has no horns. It may be something like that." Littlefoot suggested.  "Does Mr Thicknose smell sorta like a threehorn but a bit different?" Littlefoot asked.  He had never thought of it but perhaps folks who looked similar did smell sorta similar.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix nodded at Mim and looked at his nephew and said "I'm sorry Longtail, it was my fault please forgive me." Longtail looked at his uncle, smiled and said "Of course...Your my uncle...the last ...." the little flyer smiled and said "...you were the last of my family...now I have an aunt to help look after me."

____

Chomper took one more sniff when he was sure he was close and saw something sticking out of the bushes and he said "It kinda looks like a tail, what do we do Littlefoot?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot thought.  He went closer to see if it looked like a tail of a regular dinosaur or a slithering sharptooth.  He looked at Chomper, "Chomper, does it smell like a kind of dinosaur you smelled before, or like a slithering sharptooth?" He asked.   He kept as sharp of an eye on the tail as he could.  

Petrie started to cower and look around in fear. "Slithering sharptooth here?" He asked looking around for one shaking in fear.  

Ducky patted Petrie to try to calm him, "We do not know if there is one or not, no we do not." she said shaking her head as she continued to pat Petrie.

______

Mim tried to give the other two a hug, "It was a simple accident, I understand that Longtail.  Looks like now we all made up.  What do you want to do now?" She asked happy they had made up." She looked around to see where the bright circle was, "Looks like we have some day left."

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Wh -who's there?" asked Denton, startled by the strange voice

"Why don't you come a little closer?" it replied "And you will see."

Denton gulped and turned to look back the way he came, on either side of his trail were two more glaring eyes that glowed out at him, they appeared as glowing slits.

"I wouldn't try to run, little one, you're surrounded."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Suddenly and without warning, Longtails' face became blank and hi uncle Cyrix took two steps vack and said "Uh-oh...." He then looked to his mate and told her "Mim you may want to stand back...and be ready to follow Longtail here."

___

Chomper meanwhile took several more sniffs of the air, and said "Denton's close, but I can't tell what that smell is...what ever it is we'll just have to find out!"And with that statement the little sharptooth walked further into the forest of darkness trying to find his new friend.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Its very rare that I ever speak to my meals" said the voice, slowly the eyes began to raise above the dark bush in which they hid, there stood before Denton a large raptor, very elderly this beast seemed yet still a perfect build for his species. The other two pair of eyes behind Denton also emerged revealing two younger Raptors.

Denton was evidentially beside himself in shock and fright

"Sh-shi-sharptooth!" he cried out.

"Oh yes, that is what your kind calls us, isnt it?" said the elder "My name is Kragoth, and these two are my sons Agnog and Blackclaw, and you, unfortunately, are our choice meal for the day."

Denton was breathing hard and trembling from head to tail, he knew he was in grave danger and these were possibly his last moments. It was now that he regretted leaving his little pond home. But then he remembered something his mother had told him.

'The valley shields us from the dangers of the outer world. You and I are safe here for as long as we stay within the valley.'

Remembering these words, he gulped and forced his courage to speak.

"How did you get - "

"Into the valley?" cut in Kragoth, he then let out a soft yet very wicked cackle "Do you take my kind as fools, boy? There are many ways into this pleasant little hillside you call safety! Only me and my sons have dared or thought to explore our way in!"

Suddenly Blackclaw spoke up, he spoke in the language of the meat eaters and was directing his question at his father "Come on, you old coot! I'm hungry! When can we tear in?"

"Not yet!" snarled Kragoth speaking in the same tongue "I sense other coming, they're probably looking for this one! Have patience!"

"But why must we wait for them? Cant I atleast have a small nip?"

"NO!" Roared Kragoth.

Denton was still trembling and breathing hard in his fright, he did not understand the language of these sharpteeth, all he could make out were growls, grunts and hissing. Kragoth returned his hungry glance to the hapless little longneck

"Your very fortunate that I speak your tongue, little one, I am old and wise, and I've learned much of these lands and those who live here. And as I stated once already, your very fortunate that I've taken this time to speak to you, something that is very rare with my kind. But I ask, why all alone out in these dangerous woods?"

Denton could not speak, he was trying to think up a quick plan of escape.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Chomper walked out of  the bushes and bumped right into Denton and as he shook his head clear....he stated "We found you!" Chomper then noticed Denton looked scared and looked to see what was so scary....and immediately regretted it..."Oh no...more sharpteeth." said Chomper with a frown.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"What is this?" said Kragoth in a low growling tone

his eyes became slits as he grimaced at the sight of Chumper

"One of our kind? Who speaks their language?!?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Chomper knew from experience that these sharpteeth were not nice, so he did the only thing he could think of....try to talk them out of hurting him or Denton and Littlefoot. "Excuse me...but who are you?" asked Chomper in sharptooth "And why are you here?"