The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Song Project: Bestest Friends

action9000 · 141 · 13780

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Best of Friends holds a slower tempo and more than just a piano for insturments you hear in the background. This is something I noticed that should be taken into consideration. Just a heads up.
In theory, yes.  I was not going to take this into consideration though, for a couple of reasons:

1) If we make the two songs two different tempos, we have NO way to combine everyone together into a full-group song.  I need to make sure everyone's recording, no matter which version they sing, is the SAME tempo.

2) This project is not on a large enough scale to justify me writing two fully-orchestrated versions of the music.  That takes time. :p I sent you a (very long) PM with details, pokeplayer. B)

I'll look at your recordings in a moment...did you sing BOTH versions to my music?  If you did, there is no reason they should be different lengths.  Do not sing the End Credits version of the lyrics to the original End Credits music.  It won't work in our project.  Sing both versions to the music I uploaded here, please.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Everyone, this is the LAST day to join up!  If you aren't signed up by the time I'm going to bed tonight, I hope to see you in our next song! B)

To everyone who hasn't sent me a recording yet:
You have one more week to send your recording in to me before I close submissions for this song.  

KingdomKey, I don't have yours yet. You say you have it ready for me.  If it's too big for e-mail, convert it to an mp3 (44100 Hz, 320 kb/s, mono) and cut off the blank stuff at the end of the file.  That will significantly reduce the size and let it fit into e-mail.  If you don't want to do that, just check out http://www.yousendit.com and send it to action9000@hotmail.com

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Jun 15 2007 on  07:30 PM
Best of Friends holds a slower tempo and more than just a piano for insturments you hear in the background. This is something I noticed that should be taken into consideration. Just a heads up.
In theory, yes.  I was not going to take this into consideration though, for a couple of reasons:

1) If we make the two songs two different tempos, we have NO way to combine everyone together into a full-group song.  I need to make sure everyone's recording, no matter which version they sing, is the SAME tempo.

2) This project is not on a large enough scale to justify me writing two fully-orchestrated versions of the music.  That takes time. :p I sent you a (very long) PM with details, pokeplayer. B)

I'll look at your recordings in a moment...did you sing BOTH versions to my music?  If you did, there is no reason they should be different lengths.  Do not sing the End Credits version of the lyrics to the original End Credits music.  It won't work in our project.  Sing both versions to the music I uploaded here, please.
Well, I will level with you and say that I did do Best of Friends to the End Credits version of the song.

I was only doing it that way because I wasn't 100% sure how the lyrics go and your page with those lyrics was down.  I hope your page is back up now and so that I can get it done properally.

I'll go and make a new one right now.

Give me a little time.  It won't take too long. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
your page with those lyrics was down.
I only allow 5 connections to my site at any one time.  Because of all the popularity my TV episodes have seemed to picked up, I have people downloading off me 24/7 making my site difficult to connect to...
Until now.  LBTLover is hosting the episodes now and I have taken them off of my site until further notice.  My site should be a lot more reliable now. B)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Jun 15 2007 on  10:19 PM
your page with those lyrics was down.
I only allow 5 connections to my site at any one time.  Because of all the popularity my TV episodes have seemed to picked up, I have people downloading off me 24/7 making my site difficult to connect to...
Until now.  LBTLover is hosting the episodes now and I have taken them off of my site until further notice.  My site should be a lot more reliable now. B)
Yeah, I noticed.  Now that I've gotten it done, here are the newest versions of my songs.  Complete in 44100 Hz like you asked. :)

Bestest Friends

Best of Friends

Remember, there may be a problem with the volume of my voice.  It is sadly difficult for me to control such a thing.  I hope you can allow these to be used, regardless of their problems.  You don't know how much I really want to be in this one. :)

Oh, and about people downloading off of you so much, that's partly the fault of several of us members here at Gang of Five. (I'm not obligated to say who for protection reasons.) Once word spread about all you do for the LBT community, you just became rather popular amongst LBT fans.  Especially quite a number of people on YouTube.  Yeah, so sorry about that. :D

And as for everyone here, I hope you enjoy these.

See ya later! :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I hope you can allow these to be used, regardless of their problems. You don't know how much I really want to be in this one.
Don't worry about a thing.  Everyone who sent me a recording will be in the final releases of the song! B)

that's partly the fault of several of us members here at Gang of Five. (I'm not obligated to say who for protection reasons.) Once word spread about all you do for the LBT community, you just became rather popular amongst LBT fans
I figured something like that would happen...I hoped it wouldn't but oh well.  Thankfully, LBTLover is able and willing to host the episodes for us now.  I'm not exactly an ideal host for large files anyway.  My connection is too slow to really handle it.  I'll stick with sharing smaller files like our karaoke songs. ;)

Yeah, so sorry about that.
While I specifically asked people here to Not spread the link around, no real harm was done.  I'm not in any trouble and LBTLover can host the episodes on a faster connection than I can.  Don't expect me to be hosting any large files again though. :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh Kacie, you gonna send me your singing sometime? ;)  :lol:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
At least LBTLover is willing to host now.

I'm not offended, I just don't want people to think that I was some unwilling jerk who wouldn't host before.  Your wording sort of makes it seem that way.  I just created my site.  I wasn't unwilling before, I was unable.  Just wanted to clear that up.  I know you didn't mean it that way. B)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Reminder to all singers!

I need your recordings by June 22nd.  If you have not sent your recording to me by the end of June 22nd, you will Not be a part of this project!

I have NOT received recordings from:
Darkhououmon
Weather_lord_7

I hope you can both get your voices in on time!  I'd hate to cut you out of such a large-scale project.  :(  This is going to be fantastic!   :D  Join in; you Won't regret it. B)  Once you hear our final songs, it will all be worth it, trust me. :yes

Music can be found here:
http://action9000.homeip.net/Backup/Shared.../Karaoke/Music/

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It would be really, really great if you two could join us in our project :yes
None of us is a professional singer, so you don't need to fear that any "high standarts" need to be fulfilled, but it is just so much fun.
As we don't have many female singers I would be especially happy to have you with us Kacie :yes
but every voice counts. The invitation goes to both of you :)

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sorry, but I don't think I can. :(

Some kinda difficulty with the microphone.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Closing time for this project is drawing nearer and I'm really happy that more people participated than in any previous singing project of the GOF :yes
Two days are left before the last recordings can be send.
All those who participate in this project may add this award to their signature once we have the final version of our Bestest friends version posted here in the GOF (wait till then though before adding the award to your signature ;)):

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Got it, thanks Saphire! B)

Darkhououmon, I hope you can get me a recording tomorrow! :D

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Oh boy. It's too late isn't it? Oh well, I send you a link in your PM box anyway, Action.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good news, it isn't too late until 14 minutes from now! :lol:  :p
You may feel a little embarrassed now but it'll pay off in the end ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks to everyone who sang!  I will post the completed some as soon as possible. B)

Please note: I recently took a night stocking position at a grocery store to help bring in some money while I search for a better job.  My first night is tonight, in about an hour (11pm to 7 am).  This will severely affect the amount of time I have to work on the song.  To those of you I told that the song would be complete by the 24th or 25th: There is No way I'll have the song up for tomorrow. I do not know my work schedule yet but working all night and sleeping all day does strange things to a person. :p   I will try to get the songs done as soon as possible.  With any luck, I'll have the first version up by the 27th.
Sorry all, life just got in the way. :(
I don't want to sacrifice qualtiy and rush the song.  Because there are so many singers, this song will demand a lot of attention from me.  I'll keep you all posted.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll have the first version (the movie version) posted up tomorrow with any luck.  I'm sorry for the delay.

In the meantime, here's a comic for my fellow singers:

:p :lol

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm sorry for the delay.

It's understandable from what you're going through.  I would rather wait a month and get a really good song that wait a hour and get an absolute piece of crap.  I'm sure everyone else here feels the same way.  Here's to hoping it's gonna be great! B)