The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Which voice for Ducky do you like most?

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
After doing a Cera voice poll, I thought I'd do one for Ducky who has had 3 voice actress in the film series.
Unlike Cera's voice I'm not too fussy with Ducky's voice as all 3 actress did a good job bring out Ducky's cuteness in their own way.
The only problem I have with Aria Noelle Curzon is that in that later squeals she's gone through puberty and clearly sounds like a grown woman talking in a silly high voice. And when it comes to little kid characters I personally prefer it when they are voiced by young actors.

I think I'd have to go with Judith Barsi (I must admit I haven't looked at Ducky the same way since I heard what happened to Judith... :cry) as most of my favourite Ducky moments and quotes (e.g. playing don't step on a crack, and saying her stomach is talking.) are from the first movie, and I get the most cute vibes from that voice.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ I would have to agree with Judith Barsi as being my preferred voice, although all three did an excellent job.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Indeed, all three did a great job voicing Ducky. Judith Barsi's cuteness can't be outdone and Aria's voice was very sweet too. I liked Heather's voice the least because I consider Ducky less cute in 2-4 for some reasons...
Inactive, probably forever.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I, and most other people I think, would rank them the following way.

1. Barsi
2. Curzon
3. Hogan

Curzon really did put in a lot of effort, but Barsi, besides effort, simply had more talent. Hogan was too young to do Ducky.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't have a personal favorite among these three.  And I actually like Ducky's older sound.  It makes her sound more grown-up without losing her cuteness :DD.