Beyond the Mysterious Beyond > Hobbies and Recreation

Paleontology

(1/17) > >>

Purple Presence:
Ok, so I know this is, basically, a Land Before Time forum, and that implies Dinosaurs in itself, but...I'm wondering how many of you guys and girls have an real interest in dinosaurs on a paleontological scale.

Me, personally, I am an aspiring Paleontologist.  I have been collecting and reading books on the subject, watching anything dinosauresque I can get my hands on, and generally doing independant study on them since I was like 6 years old.  They really capture my imagination.

I'm just wondering if there are any others approaching my fascination with these ancient scalies here.  :)

DarkHououmon:
I used to be interested in becoming a paleontologist. Found a few fossils myself though they were all shelled sea creatures. My favorite, which I no longer have, was a straight-shelled nautiloid (sp?). I never found a dinosaur bone, although I used to have a tiny dinosaur fossil that came with a raptor toy I had once. Obviously I lost it. It was the size of a pebble.

Purple Presence:
*chuckles*  If I ever got something like that, I would have probably given it to my mother to keep in her strongbox just so I DIDN'T lose it.  XD

Kor:
I have an interest in dinos for real and from a paleontology stand point.  I'd guess sea creature fossils should be common in parts of the us since I think at one time parts of it was underwater.  I can never remember all the scientific names and technical stuff though.

DarkHououmon:

--- Quote from: Purple Presence,Jan 24 2008 on  05:02 PM --- *chuckles*  If I ever got something like that, I would have probably given it to my mother to keep in her strongbox just so I DIDN'T lose it.  XD
--- End quote ---
Wish I thought of that, but I was a preteen at the time, so I didn't know any better. So instead of being kept somewhere safe, my tiny dino fossil got a one-way trip in a vacuum cleaner bag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version