The Land Before Time > Land Before Time TV Series (2007)

About Ruby

(1/4) > >>

Caustizer:
After not seeing the land before time for 5 straight years i came back to find the episodes on you-tube and my first thought was...hey whos that pink chicken with them?

I did some searching and came across the first TV episode only to find that the only explanation of her existance we get is "Your parents told me to protect you from a sharptooth."

We know all about the others as well as chomper, but they suddenly bring in a new character and don't even tell us about her? I would expect a whole episode dedicated to her just to find out what shes about, where she came from, etc. rather then just being a background character who occasionally extends some wisdom when littlefoot isn't around (she is practically second in command if anyone has noticed).

Interestingly too she never shows her teeth, even when she smiles. Perhaps she is hiding the shiny rows of sharp teeth? She crunches an entire shell in one bite and yet they never really allude to her being a raptor.

Kor:
She supposedly has no teeth.  Chomper comments on this in the episode where one of his teeth falls out, though with LBT there are animation mistakes including at least one, no idea where, I forgot, where they do show her with teeth.  

We are only given hints as to how she got there with some info in flashbacks.

DarkHououmon:
Ruby isn't a raptor (by raptor if you mean dromaeosaurid, which are a group of carnivorous dinos usually with sickle claws on their feet). She's an oviraptor. As Kor already stated, Ruby isn't supposed to have teeth. Oviraptors are toothless, far as I know.

Caustizer:
Strangly Ruby actually reminds me of me.....far away from home with nothing but memories of my family. Its a great coincidence that i just learned of her today as the very same thoughts were crossing my mind.  Even if im not a fan of pink girly dinosaurs lol

Kor:
She is an interesting character, but I do wonder why they decided to add in a new character.  

I can see adding Chomper, he's a popular character and has been in 2 movies, but why a new one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version