The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sleep and Remember

Ratiasu · 411 · 40487

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail sighed and replied "From what I saw while in the air, this bridge is just the first of maybe a dozen and they all crisscross each other and all of them are over fire water, plus....I didn't see an exit at all." Then he remembered something else as he spoke up "But after all that, we've reached the rock that looks like a longneck!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante sighed and scratched at the crest on his head before responding...
"This bites.  Well, I guess the sooner we get moving and find our way across, the closer to the Valley we are.  Let's get moving."
And saying this, leapt up again, using a spire to gain a clear view of the path to take.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe carefully made her way onto the bridge, trying to avoid looking at the lava.  She crossed quickly and was relieved to be back on safe ground again.  Snork crossed next.  
"Are you alright" asked Snork.
"Yeah.  No harm done." Strafe answered.
Now all they had to do was wait for Kaga and then they could move on.
"Are the rest of you alright?" asked Snork.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga carefully made his way onto the rock.  He was about half way across when the rocks began to crumble beneath his feet.  "How typical", thought the iguanodon to himself as he began to run as fast as his legs could carry him.  It seemed that if anything could go wrong for Kaga, then it would.  Pieces of falling rock began to splash lava up onto the path, forcing Kaga to weave and jump ofer the pools that were gathering on the collapsing bridge.  He leaped as the rock fell away in front of him and landed with a thud on the opposite side of the lava river.  
Looking up at the others, he said, "Alright.  Lets move on now and hope we don't have to go through that again."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork walked over and said, "Looks like you had a close call there."
Strafe asked worriedly, "Kaga, are you alright?"
She had been keeping an eye on Kaga as possibly being a suitable mate for her in the future and she didn't want anything to happen to him.  In fact, Strafe was too embarrassed to admit it but she had a big crush on Kaga.  He was free spirited and clever, everything Strafe wanted in a mate.  She wanted to tell him how she felt about him but not in front of the others.  It was a private thing.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(OCC: Uh guys, don't let this one die.  We need a post from somebody.)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante eyed Kaga, smiled, and said...
"A good thing it is that you aren't hurt, friend Kaga."  
As he ran at the next bridge...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail was in the air and flapping his wings to keep himself in the air as he said "Come on guys just a few more bridges over the fire water and we should be at the rock that looks like a longneck....so let's get walking. I would like to get there some time before I'm a grown-up!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante perked up slightly, and nodded his head, before running off to join his good friend Longtail at the head of the group.

"Yeah, C'mon guys!  Let's keep moving!"

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
The next two bridges were crossed with no problem but at the last one, things began to look bad.  The last bridge was over a deep chasm with lava glowing at the bottom.  It has two large cracks in it and didn't look stable at all.
Kaga turned to the others and asked, "What if we can't cross this?  Should we look for another way?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail grimaced as he looked down below the bridge and he said "Well this could be bad....uhhh..yeah looking for another way sounds like a good idea...I'll fly up and see if I can find one." He then flapped his wings and tried looking around for another way out...but sighed heavily as he couldn't find one....

He flapped back down to the ground and said "Sorry guys...but unless we can fly outta here...it looks like  this bridge is our only way across. I just hope the rest of this wall is stable, or we may end up a little hot under foot."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork groaned at the idea of having to cross the unstable bridge and said, "Let's get this overwith.  At least this is the last one we have to cross. Just don't go near any of the cracks.  Strafe, why don't you go first?"

Strafe nodded and slowly made her way onto the bridge.  It wasn't a very long bridge and she was across in about a minute.

Snork asked, "Alright, who's next?"

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
"I believe that's me," said Sy, who darted across with little difficulty. After reaching the other side, he looked over the edge and sighed heavily.
"I'm getting too old for this."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante grinned, flipped, and rolled across the bridge.  Smiling, he laughed back over the gap...
"C'mon guys! Let's keep on heading for the Valley!"
As he headed off, he smiled faintly, glad that the others had acccepted him.  He was particularly fond of Strafe and Sy.  Strafe because she actually was kinda... cute... and nice.  Sy because he was a lot like himself, and had been the first one to welcome him. Longtail was, however, the closest friend he had yet encountered.  Dante was so much like him, and they already shared a common bond. A tragic one, but a bond nonetheless.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail while still in the air was staying on the far side of the bridge in case anything bad happened he'd be able to help...and he wanted to be the last one across anyway.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante was waiting on the other side of the bridge, ready to help his friends if he needed to...

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork said in a shaky voice, "Well, here goes."  
He made his way onto the bridge, carefully avoiding the cracks and areas that appeared to be weak.  The swimmer glanced over the edge and saw the lava glowing sinister red far below.  A shiver went down is spine and he quickened his pace.  Snork was never more happy to set foot on stable ground than when he reached the other side where the others were waiting.  Now only Kaga remained on the other side.
Strafe called to him, "Be careful crossing, Kaga. It looks nasty down there."
She was worried that he may hurt himself or worse.  At least this was the last lava bridge that had to be crossed.  She could make out a sparkling stream and a smal grove of trees in the distance and looked forward to the green foor and cool water.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga sighed and nonchalantly made his way onto the bridge.  He saw no point in taking his time.  It didn't matter because when he went slow, something bad always seemed to happen.  Kaga walked at a casual but steady pace and in about a minute, he had safely reached the other side.
Kaga sighed in relief and whispered, "Made it.  For once."
He glanced tiredly at the stream in the distance and couldn't help but think about how wonderful it would be to go for a swim there.  He was tired and dirty and would welcome the chance to cool off and wash up.  He glanced at everyone and made sure they were all there.  
Then he urged, "Let's keep going.  Maybe we can reach that river by evening."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled as he landed next to Dante and said "Yeah...a quick swim is sounding really good right about now...so let's get going...I'd like to get clean as soon as I can!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante nodded, then agreed with Kaga...
"Yeah.  Motion thirded, so Let's get moving, hm?"