The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rogue One, A Star Wars Story

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Just a note for anyone who watches StarWars Rebels- apparently there were many references to the series throughout Rogue One!

Here's the article: www.starwars.com/news/the-star-wars-rebels-easter-eggs-and-connections-in-rogue-one (contains spoilers)

It's funny because I predicted the inclusion of Rebels elements when Rogue One was first announced... but I didn't catch any of these while watching the movie :lol

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Dec 27 2016 on  10:56 PM
but I didn't catch any of these while watching the movie :lol
I actually knew about these beforehand since I'm following the TV series' page on Facebook and yet I missed every reference to "Rebels" while watching Rogue One... Well, every single one except the voice mentioning "general Syndulla" over the speakers in the Alliance's HQ on Yavin. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Like I said, I'd never call Rogue One a bad movie. It'll just never be my Star Wars movie of choice. That'll always be Star Wars (1977).
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Easily the best Star Wars movie we've had in years. On par with the original trilogy. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm glad Disney took a gamble making it darker than a typical Star Wars movie.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah it's sad to loose her I don't think she'll be replaced

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I finally saw Rogue One and I, too, see it as one of the best  Star Wars films I've seen. In comparison to Force Awakens, the contrast is unbelievable. I've already told my opinion on it so I don't have to tell about that. Rogue One, thankfully, was a huge step forward.

This film really expanded the SW universe, for the first time showing us that the Empire was more than the Death Star.  :p The new places, most notably Jedha and Scarif, seemed like new and living additions to the group of planets we've seen before. Here, the world seemed alive and believable, unlike in the last film. Also, the characters were okay. They weren't great but they didn't bother me either. That's the best I can ask from a Star Wars film, I guess.

In addition to it's overall solidness, there were some very memorable scenes and shots that many of the other films lack. For example, the shots with star Destroyer above Jedha looked absolutely marvelous. Also, Eadu's and Mustafar's design worked here very well. And Vader's ending scene... I don't think I'm exaggerating if I say it's my favorite Star Wars scene ever!

All in all, this is the kind of Star Wars film Disney should do more. The characters were realistic and believable, the different potentials of the universe were utilized and certain great scenes sealed the deal. Sadly, I'm not going to see the Last Jedi. I never wish to see Rey, Finn and Kylo again so I guess I'll wait for the next spin-off before I return to Star Wars.  :DD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My GF & I really liked Rogue one, we got the Blu-ray version recently.  There is lots of room for stand alone stories in the Star Wars universe.  Hopefully there'll be more in the future, as well as the main story arcs.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's awesome that you two loved it I need to find time to see it life gets in the way but I'll try and find time to see it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's out on disk, so maybe it's available through other ways.  

One idea I had is to watch it, then watch episode 4 right after or the next day.

Highsoar

• Big flyer
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Personally, I think Dark Forces should have just been made into a movie instead. Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors are awesome...and I think they took Jan's name and changed it a little for Jyn.