The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Songs sung by LBTFan13

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well like I said forever ago, I decided I'm going to record myself singing certain songs and post them here for all to here. Hopefully the links work, and I will refresh the first page with any and all additions.

Anyway, here is my first song finally! This one is very very special to me because it's my graduation song. I want to dedicate this song to everybody here at GOF, especially anybody who is graduating from school or college this year. You guys mean so much to me and I really wanted to show my gratitude to this forum. It's such a powerful song and I hope you guys enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed singing it. Unfortunately, as I am not a perfect singer, there are a couple note mess ups, and they may be obvious, but at this point I don't really give a hoot and tarnation :blink:

EDIT: UPDATED LINKS

The River - Garth Brooks
Always Be My Baby - David Cook

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Can't download. :(  Try a place like driveway.com or yousendit.com

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I changed the link, so you should be able to view it without downloading it. Again, please let me know what you think about it :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked it and had fun listening to it.  If you enjoy singing maybe you can contact Mumbling to see about the singing thing that some folks do here.  You may enjoy that.  I"m not sure who's in charge of it now, Mumbling was last I think.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I just pmed Iris and she said we are in the process of getting ready for the next singing project. I can't wait to start :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
;)

I'll listen to your singing tomorrow if you don't mind... Life's sooo busy right now :D

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
That was really good mate. You did an awesome job with that :) Continue like that, I¥d love to hear more from you in the future ;-)

A new singing project? Oh my gosh, I can¥t wait  :wow

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Truly beautiful, Rob!
You really have a special voice, indeed!  :yes
Nice work.

So, a new singing project in the nearby future?
Good, I could act as the bass. :unsure:
I just have to invest in a proper recording device; which I should, as I could use it for other projects of mine.

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well here's a song that I promised before. This song was originally recorded by Mariah Carry (excuse spelling), but later on American Idol David Cook provided his own arrangement and got great feedback from it. I chose to sing this song because it is a dedication to my girlfriend. Our one year anniversary is in two months, and before we both go to college I wanted to give her this song as gratitude for all the fun times we've had together, and that I will always love her no matter what. This is also my first attempt to provide some sort of harmony towards the end because unfortunately I do not have background singers :blink:

Anyway, like always, this is not perfect because I am not a perfect singer. However I put a lot of heart into this song and I am very happy with the result. I hope you guys enjoy listening to it as much as I did singing it.

Please follow the link and as always, let my know what you think!

Always Be My Baby - David Cook

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well here's where I'm stuck. I would very much like to do another song, but as to which song I want to do I am stuck on. Out of all the songs I would want to do, these are my top three choices:

Alone - Heart

More Today Than Yesterday - Spiral Staircase

Dreams - Van Halen

So to help me think, I want to hear what you guys think. What should I do next? I will probably do all of them at the same time because I am crazy like that, but I just wanted to hear what you guys would like to hear me attempt, or in more case butcher  :lol:

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh my god, dude. Van Halen (like my favorite band). Seriously. Sing it, post it.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well I kind of figured this would happen. Because of my college schedule and the fact that I'd rather not have people around me think I'm a queer, I will not be able to do any recordings of songs for much of anything unless I am in my room where I know nobody can interrupt me. So even though these aren't such a big deal to you guys, it's important to me because nobody else would really care so much about my passion for singing. Anyway, don't expect another song done until around Christmas Break, unless I am very lucky and decide to squeeze one in during Halloween or Thanksgiving.

Which actually brings me to my next question. Because I get kind of sick and tired of choosing songs that I like, I want to challenge myself a little more. I want YOU guys to tell me what to sing next. Think of any random song that you would like me to attempt and record and I will do my best to sing it for you guys. There is however a catch:
I absolutely positively WILL NOT sing any of the following:
Britney Spears
Lady Gaga
Jonas Brothers
High School Musical
Rap Songs
Certain Disney Channel songs (I know this is vague so you'll have to guess)

The only exception to the Disney Channel songs I will make is "Send It On". Despite my hatred for Miley Cyrus and Jonas Brothers, I do like Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez and actually like this song. It's hard but I wouldn't mind singing it. Also, and this completely contradicts me, but "The Climb" is about the only Miley Cyrus song I would sing because it's her only serious song.

Anyway, so if this works out like I hope it will, which it probably won't, I hope to get many suggestions so I can think about something for Christmas.

If you have listened to my two songs already, thank you for doing so. If you haven't, I'm not asking much, at least I hope I'm not. Please listen to them and let me know what you think. Thank you :D

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I tired to listen to your songs, but the site says the links are invalid. :(

But in any case, I'm going to request a song...

Song:Falling inside the Black
Artist: Skillet

I don't know why I chose this song to begin with, but it seems to make me think of a potential fight between Longtail and Zaine.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Interesting choice. I will take that into consideration.

I think the links may be outdated, so when I get the chance I will update them.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wish you were here - Pink Floyed

Love this song.^^

Or: The bird and the worm - The Used

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Or any song of Linkin Park or Simple Plan. ^^

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Unfortunately the links have been outdated for some reason. I'm going to reupload them so you can view them. Also, you do not necessarily need to download them because its on 4shared. you can listen to it right on the site.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I am still deciding on what my next song will be, but I also want to let you guys know that I have updated the links to my recordings. They should work now so if you follow the links on the first post you should be able to listen to them without having to download them.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Another update. For probably the very few people who care about this thread, and I thank them for sticking with it, I've decided to work on Falling in the Black by Skillet. I am most familiar with that band so I think it will be a little easier for me to learn it. I will highly keep the other choices in consideration for future projects.

After Falling in the Black, I decided I'm going to do I'll Stand By You by The Pretenders, but sung by Carrie Underwood. It's a moving, beautiful song so I feel like I will have fun with this.

I hope nobody has lost interest in this, but until the next Group Singing Project comes around I'll work on this as much as I can over winter break.