The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart by LBTFan13

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well I've seen a lot of really good fanart on GOF so I figured why not try my own. This is the very first time I have ever:
1. drawn any character from a movie/tv show
2. drawn something using a computer

So obviously this is far from perfect, but considering I don't draw normally, I gotta say I'm satisfied with this.

Anyway, here is my first ever attempt at drawing Littlefoot. I used a program called Gimp which is similar to Photoshop. I uploaded it to my 4share account so you can view it. This took me a couple hours and I used a How To guide online.

So please leave your feedback here. I would really appreciate what you guys think especially since this is my first time. I have not decided if I am going to continue drawing more characters or not, but if anything I'll start with this.

Littlefoot

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Hehehe, not bad for your first try. X3
Though you could work on the coloring first - Littlefoot isn't purple. :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Actually the coloring is quite correct I think. When asked about the color of Littlefoot many will think of "brown" as the first answer, but in many scenes Littlefoot's color actually does look a lot more like the one Rob picked.

This is a very good first attempt and I hope that we are going to see more of your art Rob :)
Do you consider drawing anything direct on paper Rob?
It may vary depending on the artist, but personally I think it is a lot more difficult starting out with computer programs rather than with paper and pencil.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's quite nice rob! And the colours are quite correct really. :)

I agree with malte, drawing something on paper first and then editing/colouring with a computer is easier for me.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, that's pretty good for someone who has never drawn a character from a movie/TV show :yes.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks guys. I did consider trying to draw this on paper, but of course I'm still trying to keep a low profile with my passion for LBT and I'm not sure how people would take seeing an 18 year old guy drawing Littlefoot. Of course I will take it into consideration for future drawings if I do so.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well I actually have something else to upload.

I did this for my digital art class, and this is the first time I used photoshop to draw something, my other picture was with a different program.

I also wish to dedicate this image to DarkHouomon. She has helped me out a great deal with Vegas related things as well as been an awesome person to chat with on MSN.

Again, this is in no way perfect, but I was satisfied with it when I finished.

I know this is not LBT, but considering I have the topic already made, I'll just post the link here.

This is my attempt at recreating the Metroid Prime logo. Let me know what you guys think. I know that the lines need work, but any tips will be very much appreciated.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I edited my last post so I could post the image here instead of having you take the link there. Hope that makes it a bit easier for you guys.

Again, please tell me what you guys think :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That looks like a neat logo to me, well done.

Salvatore Blackheart

• Chomper
    • View Profile
the logo looks great, but need a metroid coruption style