The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As previously mentioned, the first part of the MLP/Transformers crossover comic miniseries came out last week, while the first part of the Season 10 MLP comic series is scheduled to release later this week.

Another Pony Life video has recently come up (and it has since turned out to to include content from today's new episodes).
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/08/another-pony-life-teaser-arrives-with.html

And finally, this week's new Pony Life episodes.
Episodes 23 & 24: https://sendvid.com/9wwrbbgk
Episodes 25 & 26: https://sendvid.com/ymxoawbr

Spoiler: ShowHide
First episode, Pinkie accidentally spills a potion on some cookies, and after she leaves for a moment, Twilight arrives after an argument with Owlowicious and eats one cookie and forces Applejack to eat another, resulting in them being sucked into the potion bottle. Pinkie returns and quickly figures out what happened, so she rushes over to Potion Nova for help rescuing them. Potion Nova quickly mixes up an antidote and pours it into the potion bottle, but while Applejack escapes, Twilight remains trapped inside. Potion Nova explains the only reason the antidote could fail is if Twilight wanted to stay inside the bottle, so Applejack eats another potion-tainted cookie to return to Twilight and convince her that she can't stay hidden away forever and should instead confront her issues. Twilight eventually accepts and the two of them successfully escape the potion bottle.

Second episode, Twilight is very eager to begin learning potion-making from Potion Nova, but is also very worried about potentially messing something up. She tries to hide her anxieties from Potion Nova, but fails miserably. Potion Nova assures Twilight to not worry too much, and suggests channeling her emotions into the potion-making, with surprisingly remarkable results.

Third episode, Pinkie finds herself alone at Sugarcube Corner, missing her friends who are all out doing other things. She's so bored and desperate for companionship that when she finds Twilight's duplicator device (seen before in an earlier episode a few weeks back), she comes up with the idea to combine a drawing of her friends, some cookies, and a potion, and forcing all of that through the duplicator, resulting in five cookies shaped and decorated just like the drawings. Pinkie wants those special cookies to stay with her and do all kinds of pretend activities, but astonishingly, the cookies come to life with a desire to go out and explore the world. Pinkie tries to resist at first, but eventually allows the living cookies to leave. Thankfully, Pinkie's real friends soon return, bringing an end to her loneliness.

Fourth episode, Pinkie wants to host a "tech conference" style meeting with potential investors for Sugarcube Corner. Her friends are concerned it might not work for her, but they allow her to make preparations. Once she's about to get out on stage, her nerves get the best of her, but her friends are there to support her, no matter what happens. She goes out and presents cupcakes as the latest thing worth investing in, but once her speech is over, she discovers there was literally no one in the audience, aside from a few of her friends.

The first pair of episodes seem to continue the Potion Nova arc, with Twilight freaking out about things, as usual. The second pair of episodes were more focused on Pinkie, but while I found the second of those to be just complete nonsense, I actually liked the one with the living cookies, purely for the humor behind it all. Overall, pretty much the usual mix of episodes we've come to expect from this show.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No new episodes of Pony Life this week, for some reason.

As for the comics, with the release of the first "Season 10" issue last week, we now know about what we can expect in several upcoming issues.
There will be four groups going out to faraway realms we've never seen before. First, we already know about Applejack's group (consisting of Rockhoof, Tempest Shadow, and Zecora) which will be going to Zecora's homeland. We don't yet know which order the remaining three groups will be done in, but they are as follows: Rainbow Dash's group (consisting of Spitfire, Lyra, Bon Bon, and Captain Celaeno) will be going to Celaeno's homeland, Rarity's group (consisting of Big Mac, Maud Pie, and Mage Meadowbrook) will be going to the homeland of the Diamond Dogs, and Pinkie's group (consisting of Fluttershy, Discord, Trixie and Capper) will be going to Capper's homeland. Just looking at that extensive list, it's clear this comic series is going to cover quite a lot of things.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nothing new about the comics this week, and although there was a new video featuring Pony Life content, it was all from this week's new episodes, so I won't even bother linking to that.

And here's this week's new Pony Life episodes.
Episodes 27 & 28: https://sendvid.com/5wzoe14n
Episodes 29 & 30: https://sendvid.com/7e06e7z9

First episode, Pinkie desperately tries to finish a huge order on time, but while most of her friends do everything they can to help, Rarity lazily spends her time doing things on her phone. As the others go through a mad scramble to complete the massive order, Rarity records a video of their antics, later sharing it only with her friends. But then Spike uploads that video online and they quickly become an internet viral sensation. However, the immense fame lasts for literally only one day.

Second episode, continuing right where the previous one left off, the main ponies are desperate to come up with another viral video that will make them famous again. Applejack disagrees with the whole concept and tries to convince them they could just hang out together without being so desperate for internet fame, but they completely ignore her as they try all kinds of ideas. Eventually, Applejack heads home on her own, and her friends finally understand what she was trying to tell them, so they follow her and agree to stop seeking internet fame, even after a freak accident could've been that next popular video.

Third episode, Rainbow Dash learns from Pinkie and Twilight about a new app that makes random sound effects and eagerly wants it on her phone too, only to discover she doesn't have enough storage space to download it. She has so many seemingly worthless apps that she refuses to give up, even despite Twilight's best efforts to analyze and determine which of those apps Rainbow uses the least and could most likely get rid of. Eventually, Rainbow gets so frustrated that she makes all kinds of weird noises as she lets out her anger, which Pinkie and Twilight find so funny that Rainbow realizes she doesn't need to download that sound effect app anyway.

Fourth episode, Fluttershy attempts to do an unboxing video for a new phone, but struggles to even get the box open. Her efforts end up scaring off Applejack and later Rainbow Dash, but then Rarity offers some simple advice on how to open that box, only for Angel Bunny to easily go through that process behind their backs.

So I guess all four of these episodes were all about various activities involving phones and tablets. Seems kind of strange that the first two episodes could've easily just been a single two-part episode, but was instead given different titles. I honestly don't get the desire for making a viral video, though I was amused by a brief joke in the second episode referencing the classic Nigerian scam email. I honestly don't understand why Rainbow Dash would absolutely refuse to get rid of some of her apps, such as those counters of a certain specific noise. (I mean, what's really the point of such a thing anyway?) As for the fourth episode, easily the real highlight was that Derpy got to make her first appearance in the series by delivering that package, even though her official name is still "Muffins". So yeah, aside from a few brief fun moments, not much else of interest in this week's episodes.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here's a preview of the second part in the MLP/Transformers comic series, due to be released later this week.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/08/transformers-friendship-in-disguise-2.html

According to some recent news, the upcoming movie (still scheduled for September next year) that'll introduce us to the G5 series has been confirmed to consist of a completely new cast of main ponies.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/08/new-cast-of-characters-confirmed-for.html

Finally, although there's once again been another YouTube video showing content from upcoming episodes of Pony Life, I've decided to stop linking to them and focus only on the episodes that have just recently premiered, so here's this week's new episodes.
Episodes 31 & 32: https://sendvid.com/hqj1dgau
Episodes 33 & 34: https://sendvid.com/364ybkcm

First episode, it's Pinkie's birthday, and Applejack is struggling to figure out what kind of gift to give her, who always seems to know exactly what gifts to give to her friends and seems to already have everything she could possibly ask for. Applejack eventually decides to use a potion to look into Pinkie's mind for answers, only to find almost nothing at all. She eventually decides to simply gift her an empty box, for which Pinkie fortunately understands the metaphor that she already has everything she could possibly want.

Second episode, Applejack has been feeling bored with ordinary life that seems to never change. She eventually ends up at a barbershop and decides to ask for "something different", and ends up with a wavy brown hairstyle. She immediately decides to show off her different look to her friends, only to find them all now with the exact same hairstyle after making the exact same request. Applejack is initially upset, but they all soon laugh it off.

Third episode, Spike wants to show off a new app he downloaded, but Twilight is too busy with organizing things, Applejack is struggling to figure out if she really wants to give away some of her old stuff, and Rainbow Dash is simply too bored. But right after Spike leaves, each of them hear a mysterious voice, telling Twilight to take a break, Applejack to go ahead and give away that old stuff, and Rainbow Dash to go out and do awesome things. The three of them soon come together in a series of incidents, and Spike reveals he was the one behind the mysterious voice by using that new app of his, all because he just wanted to spend some time with them.

Fourth episode, Fluttershy is concerned for a cocooned caterpillar that is overdue to emerge as a butterfly, and with her patience running low, she's desperate for advice on how to help it along. She ends up emulating the behavior and attitudes of each of her friends, first Pinkie, then Applejack, then Rarity, then Twilight, and then Rainbow, but none of it works. Eventually, the butterfly does emerge, and Fluttershy realizes that her own method of simple patience was all she really needed all along.

At this point, it seems there's no longer any significant story across multiple episodes, as had been the case earlier in the series. The first and second episodes seem rather pointless to me, though the second apparently started off reflecting my recent opinion of the series. Not to mention, the second episode ended with an obvious reference to the old sitcom "Friends". In the third episode, I totally figured out right from the start that the "mysterious voice" was just Spike messing around. And the fourth episode was mostly cringe humor of Fluttershy behaving like her friends, and as I've mentioned numerous times before, I really don't like that kind of humor. Among all four of these episodes, only the third one is enough that I would not consider forgettable.

- Berix

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
According to some recent news, the upcoming movie (still scheduled for September next year) that'll introduce us to the G5 series has been confirmed to consist of a completely new cast of main ponies.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/08/new-cast-of-characters-confirmed-for.html

Now, that's some music to my ears! If they were just going to rehash the Mane Six, I wasn't even going to watch the movie. There was no way they could improve on the adventures those characters already had. But a whole new group of ponies? THAT sounds interesting. (And besides, even if G5 turns out horrible, it's good to know that at least it won't be a spot on Twilight and Co.'s record!)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
That's the kind of news I like to see. Can lightning strike twice for the MLP fanbase, do you think?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Aside from the release of that comic I mentioned last week, not much else of interest this week aside from today's new episodes of Pony Life.
Episodes 35 & 36: https://sendvid.com/ccw3j7uf
Episodes 37 & 38: https://sendvid.com/6g3ddbrn

First episode, bad weather forces the six ponies to stay at Twilight's home, where she introduces them to a role playing board game she had created. However, the game rules are so extensive and complicated that the others are unable to have fun with it. When they try to change the rules to make the game more fun, Twilight become so upset and angry that she confesses she had used a machine to manipulate the weather to force her friends into playing her game, but since they won't play according to her rules, she just gives up and lets them all leave. But rather than go home, they instead reach a compromise by simplifying the rules so that it can actually be fun to play, and Twilight agrees to join in on playing her game with them.

Second episode, Spike has been taking a class in film-making, and has decided for his first assignment to make a documentary about everyday life at Sugarcube Corner. However, despite Spike's insistence to everyone to just behave as they normally would without a camera around, everyone behaves very awkwardly in various ways. Spike eventually declares that he gives up and leaves, but secretly leaves the camera recording without anyone being aware, allowing him to capture the authentic footage he was hoping for.

Third episode, on her way home to grab something to help Pinkie, Rarity comes across a visor cap, and goes into a full-on investigation to find out who lost it. After a lot of questioning around all of her friends, she eventually discovers the lost visor was actually hers all along.

Fourth episode, Applejack and Rarity have an argument over whether apples or cupcakes are a better snack, escalating to the point where they refuse to speak to each other. Despite her friends stating that she should apologize, Applejack insists that Rarity should apologize first, but the mutual avoidance endures to the point where Applejack decides to ask for advice from the blog of "ask Tabby". It takes a day for Applejack to receive a response, which turns out to be exactly the same as what all of her friends had been suggesting. Applejack goes to apologize to Rarity, to which Rarity returns with her own apology. Rarity then confesses that she was "Tabby" all along.

A few interesting observations in this week's episodes. In the first episode, Twilight's home is the treehouse version (supposedly blown up by a failed potion experiment in an earlier episode) rather than the castle version we've seen a few times, so I guess this means she has two different places to live. I thought it was rather clever of Spike to leave the camera running while the others didn't think it was on in order to really film them as just being themselves. Third episode saw not only the Pony Life version of "Detective Rarity" and her amusing noir behavior, but also a cameo of another FiM background character, in this case Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon-3. And the fourth episode had a rather important friendship lesson that it's better to apologize first rather than wait for the other side to do so. Overall, I consider these to be among the better episodes of Pony Life.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
First of all, a preview of the next comic to be released just over a week from now which will apparently explain how Zecora left her homeland and came to Equestria.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/09/three-page-preview-released-for-my.html

The latest video showing upcoming Pony Life content also apparently indicates that full episodes will soon become available on the MLP YouTube channel. According to rumors I've been hearing, Hasbro does not intend to renew their exclusive deal with Discovery Family, and as a result sees no point in premiering a new show on a channel that they intend on leaving soon. Therefore, audiences in the US will finally get to officially see full episodes of Pony Life on YouTube, which I suppose makes sense considering they're all only five minutes long. (Don't forget, the episodes I've been providing links for over the last few months were shown in Canada.)

Anyway, here's this week's new Pony Life episodes.
Episodes 39 & 40: https://sendvid.com/306f5sjt
Episodes 41 & 42: https://sendvid.com/nonrbs7w

First episode, Pinkie has created a new treat that is a combination of a cupcake, a donut, and a lollipop, which Twilight and Applejack enjoy trying. However, Pinkie gets upset when her brother Octavio Pie shows up and pretty much begins selling the exact same thing under a slightly different name. The two quickly get highly competitive, eventually reaching a point where Applejack and Twilight have to step in and remind the siblings that they don't have be against each other. The two Pies reconcile and agree to sell that new treat together.

Second episode, the main six ponies set out to help Snips and Snails properly prepare for an upcoming gala in order to prevent a repeat of last year's disaster. By the time the gala arrives, those two are so unsure of themselves that the main six realize they tried too hard to make those two into something they are not, so they allow the two goofballs to let loose and just be themselves.

Third episode, Rarity is thrilled about being given a role in a popular TV show, but once she and her friends watch the episode, she is devastated to discover that her appearance was completely cut out. Her friends soon cheer her up by reenacting that scene she had been hoping to be part of.

Fourth episode, the main ponies arrive at the Sportacular Spectacular, and Rainbow Dash is thrilled to try out many of the events. However, an unfortunate accident injures her wing and hoof and leaves her unable to compete, so she asks Fluttershy to take her place in those events by using a potion to make her appear similar to Rainbow. But while Fluttershy resembles Rainbow Dash, Rainbow's unspecific advice causes Fluttershy to essentially freeze up and do absolutely nothing out on the field. Rainbow eventually realizes that she can't expect Fluttershy to compete like her, so she instead allows Fluttershy to just be herself, which she decides to utilize her giant form.

I find it interesting to note that those who are familiar with the earliest years of the FiM fandom might recognize the reference behind the name "Octavio Pie", though I'm not exactly okay with how Twilight ended up being fat for much of the episode. Similarly I just don't understand why the main ponies actually bothered to go through all that effort to help Snips and Snails prepare for the gala. As for why Rarity's part in that show was cut out, my best speculation is that she was simply acting way to overly dramatic. And based on the preview videos of upcoming episodes, it looks like the next few episodes will feature more events at the "Sportacular Spectacular". All in all, just another mixed bag of episodes this week.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 06:05:00 AM by The Chronicler »

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
First off, something out of Russia seems to reveal that not only will there be a second season of Pony Life next spring to fill the final gap ahead of the G5 movie next year, but also there will be a G5 "44-minute special" the following spring in 2022, and later that year will finally be the start of season one of the G5 series.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/09/pony-life-gets-second-season-in-spring.html

For the comics, not only is issue 90 coming out later this week (as I mentioned last week), but we also just got some info on issue 93.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/09/scootaloos-aunts-get-focus-in-my-little.html

Finally, for Pony Life, it seems this week's new episodes are the final ones for Season One. Also, these episodes apparently had already premiered in Britain earlier last week (but honestly, at this point, who even bothers to keep track of these things? ::) ).
Episodes 43 & 44: https://sendvid.com/8amhb0f5
Episodes 45 & 46: https://sendvid.com/h5hqizdl
(If the episode numbers I've been using confuse you, remember that the first six episodes were two-parters, so if I counted them separately, there would be a total of 52 five-minute episodes, which means there's enough content for 13 half-hour shows, the same number as half a season of FiM had, so I think it does make sense that this week's episodes are indeed the last ones for Pony Life Season 1.)

First episode, while most of the main six ponies are training to compete in the upcoming sportactular spectacular events, Rarity admits she has not signed up for anything. Her friends try to convince her to try something, but there's absolutely nothing that interests her. Eventually, she comes up with the idea to utilize her talents of sweet-talking to commentate on the events as a co-anchor for the TV broadcast.

Second episode, the main six ponies are excited to be competing together for the team events, but are devastated when they are told they will be randomly placed on different teams with a "count off". Despite their best effort to ensure they end up on the same team, they still end up separated, with Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Pinkie on one team, and Twilight, Applejack, and Rarity on the other team.

Third episode, continuing right from the previous episode, the two teams compete in a series of events, from buckball to a race around the track to a series of one-on-one duels. The six friends aren't happy about being placed on different teams, but they still compete at their best effort, and even at the final event they are still capable of caring for each other, which inspires Bulk Biceps to declare a tie to make them all feel like winners.

Fourth episode, it's the day of the closing ceremony of the sportacular spectacular, but Bulk Biceps was so inspired by the friendship of the main six that he decides to patch things up with an old rival of his, and as a result completely abandons his carefully planned closing ceremony and leaves the main six to figure out an entirely new ceremony on their own on the spot. They soon manage to improvise a song about friendship, at times calling out specific events and characters from throughout all the previous episodes.

Compared to most Pony Life episodes, I'd say this final bunch (continuing the "sport-tacular" arc started with the last of last week's episodes) was relatively good. I'm actually glad Rarity didn't bother actually trying any of those events she was uncomfortable with as I'm sure it would have inevitably led to some cringe humor (which I absolutely hate). Kind of interesting that the second and third episodes were like a two-part episode, complete with a reasonable moral lesson. And the final episode certainly offered a nice send-off with a song (the only one in the entire series thus far) and cameos of just about every character to have made appearances throughout the entire season, not to mention seeing the series of flashbacks to all those previous episodes. As much as I'm not particularly fond of Pony Life, I have to admit that it's first season was given a rather decent finale.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So with Season 1 of Pony Life over, no more writing reviews of new episodes, so that saves me a significant amount of time.

For the comics, apparently issue 90 was actually due to be released this week rather than last week, but at least the recent extended preview is a good sign that it will be coming out soon.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/09/extended-preview-and-retail-incentive.html
In addition, Part 3 of the MLP/Transformers comic miniseries was just revealed, and it seems Fluttershy (with Discord) and Rainbow Dash will be featured.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/09/my-little-ponytransformers-friendship_25.html

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I guess with no new episodes every week, I tend to forget to provide new info in this topic regularly, even though there's not much to mention these days anyway.

Aside from Part 3 of the MLP/Transformers comic releasing earlier this week, it looks like Pony Life will premiere on Discover Family, though with no specific date yet and considering just how long we've already had to wait, I'm not feeling optimistic. We also got a little bit of new information regarding what we can expect to see in the upcoming G5 series:
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/10/my-little-pony-g5-news-continues-from.html

Oh, and lets not forget that today marks the ten year anniversary of when Friendship is Magic first premiered.

- Berix

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Happy starday, MLP: FIM, I guess. :D  :celebrate

Летсплеер!!! Это ТЫ во всем виноват!!!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 05:16:01 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
First off, Pony Life finally got a premiere date on Discovery Family for Saturday, November 7. (Of course, if you've been watching the video links I've provided over the last few months, it's probably rather pointless by now.)
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/10/pony-life-heading-to-discovery-family.html

Also, if anyone is interested in watching the Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks movie from 2014, the entire movie is now available to watch on a single video on Hasbro's official YouTube channel (let's hope this indicates we'll soon see more full content become officially available like this).
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/10/rainbow-rocks-posted-to-youtube-in-full.html

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Some news regarding the comics. First, a short preview of the upcoming issue 91 (though it seems the three pages somehow got arranged backwards in this link, so you'll have to start at the bottom and end at the top):
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/10/itunes-preview-for-friendship-is-magic.html

And issue 94 was just announced, featuring Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich (and if you recall some of the future scenes shown in the final episode, I think you can figure out where this one will be going):
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/10/season-10-comic-my-little-pony.html

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last week was a three page preview of Part 4 of the MLP/Transformers comic miniseries:
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/10/my-little-ponytransformers-friendship_28.html
That comic was just released, so now that story arc is complete.

Not much else to mention, other than the first episodes of Pony Life will finally start showing on Discovery Family this Saturday.

- Berix

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on November 05, 2020, 04:10:33 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on November 05, 2020, 04:10:33 PM
Did Starlight Glimmer ever appear in Pony Life?
Well, if you must know...
Aside from the Main 6 and Spike, the only FiM characters to have appeared are Celestia in a few episodes, all of the Main 6's pets (but mostly Gummy) in some episodes, the Cutie Mark Crusaders in two or three episodes, same for Bulk Biceps, and Discord and Trixie were each featured in only one episode. No appearances of Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer, or even Luna. Of course, that might change once we eventually see Season 2 next spring.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Even though Discovery Family is continuing to show "new" episodes of Pony Life every Saturday, I'm not bothering to watch or comment on them, as I've already done that back in the summer during the Canadian premieres.

As for the comics, issue 91 (part 3 of the 4-part story arc featuring Zecora) was released earlier this week, and issue 95 was recently announced, which will apparently be a continuation of 94's story featuring Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/11/my-little-pony-season-10-comic-95.html

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
At lot of news regarding the comics was announced yesterday. But first, the one piece I apparently forgot to mention earlier this month was the three page preview of issue 92, the fourth and final part of the story arc for Zecora's group (still no word yet on when it'll actually release).
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/12/itunes-my-little-pony-friendship-is.html

Now to start off the most recent news, there's also a three page preview of issue 93, featuring Scootaloo.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/12/3-page-itunes-preview-for-my-little.html

Next up, the announcement of issue 96, expected to be out in March, in which the group consisting of Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Trixie, Discord, and Capper visit Capper's homeland of Abyssinia.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/12/my-little-pony-comic-96-revealed-for.html

Finally, the annual issue, also expected to be out in March, in which the group consisting of Rarity, Meadowbrook, Maud Pie, and Big Mac visit the homeland of the Diamond Dogs.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/12/2021-annual-my-little-pony-comic-brings.html

So to recap from the start of "Season 10", four groups were sent out to spread friendship beyond Equestria; Applejack's group to the Zebra homeland, Fluttershy and Pinkie's group to Capper's homeland, Rarity's group to the Diamond Dog homeland, and Rainbow Dash's group to the homeland of the parrot pirates. Of those four, the first is almost complete, the second and third have just been announced, and it seems we must wait more to find out about that fourth and final group.

- Berix