The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mario(all)

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
CDi...Oh man, Hotel Mario XD

Mario has been a gaming icon, hailed as one of the best videogame characters of all time. I've played most of his games and they are pretty good, especially the Mario Party games, they're a blast in multi players.

I can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy and Mario & Sonic X3

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Good old, Mario. What is there to say about him? A true gaming icon. I've played most of his games. Most of them are awesome. To me the best one is Super Mario Brothers 3. Just an overall fun game to play on a rainy day. You know it's funny, it seems that most of the people I've met tell me that the first video game they ever played was Super Mario Brothers, and who could blame them? It's what saved gaming in America. Even those anti-Mario fans should show some appreciation to the portly plumber because without him, there would be no Playstations or XBOXs.

CDi...Oh man, Hotel Mario XD

Hehehehe, remember when we made fun of it one time, Keni?

Luigi: "Maybe the koopa will give us the flashlight if we pursue him."

(Seconds later the gang is tied up from the koopa)

Sora: "Nice going, Luigi. You sure pursued him." XD

I can actually do a pretty good imitation of Mario, too. I showed it to Keni once and he said, "Are you sure that was you? That sounded like Mario." XD Anyways, Mario is awesome and I hope Super Mario Galaxy will be another great Mario game.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ahh, I just love Mario! It was the first-ever video game I played and it's still giong strong, in my opinion.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
One Mario game I definitely did not like was Mario Sunshine. It was too difficult and the camera controls drove me crazy.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 21 2007 on  05:26 PM
One Mario game I definitely did not like was Mario Sunshine. It was too difficult and the camera controls drove me crazy.
I've never played Mario Sunshine, i dunno why, just never got around to it. As for the difficulty,i would gladly welcome increased difficulty because it seems that the more recent games have been easier. Heres to hope that Galaxy will be harder.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Aug 22 2007 on  12:33 AM
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 21 2007 on  05:26 PM
I've never played Mario Sunshine, i dunno why, just never got around to it. As for the difficulty,i would gladly welcome increased difficulty because it seems that the more recent games have been easier. Heres to hope that Galaxy will be harder.
If you want to go for a hard Mario game, try Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels.  THAT is where we're talking hard.  Tons of reviewers have given this one "Hardest Mario Game Ever!".

BTW, Super Mario Sunshine was awarded second hardest.  It is especially hard to get ALL the Shine Sprites. (One thing I have yet to accomplish. :D)

The one part I find hard about Super Mario Sunshine is when you face the Manta Ray.  All that ooze he leaves behind HURTS and it's difficult to avoid. <_<

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you want to go for a hard Mario game, try Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels. THAT is where we're talking hard. Tons of reviewers have given this one "Hardest Mario Game Ever!".
I have played that game, haven't beat it without save states though. I'll try again when Super Mario All Stars comes out for the VC.

BTW, Super Mario Sunshine was awarded second hardest. It is especially hard to get ALL the Shine Sprites. (One thing I have yet to accomplish. )
I also heard that as well. I've been meaning to try it but haven't got around to it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'll second that about "The Lost Levels" and "Sunshine". They're the only Mario games I've never beat. They beat me, instead.  :cry2
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
As I understand it, there are two American versions of The Lost Levels floating around: The Super All-Stars version and the slimmed down Super Mario Bros. Deluxe version. I've never played either that much, and I know it was a headache for my brother to finish them.

I've actually never played Super Mario Sunshine, and with Super Mario Galaxy on the waiting list, I'm in no particular rush to do so, either.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Aug 22 2007 on  03:14 PM
I'll second that about "The Lost Levels" and "Sunshine". They're the only Mario games I've never beat. They beat me, instead.  :cry2
Well, you're looking at someone who has beaten both.  Man, Bowser sure makes it difficult for you to win, huh?  And getting to the final level is pain enough in both those games.  I can't tell you how relieved I was when I finally beat them. -_-

Oh, and those that pull off a Speed Run of Lost Levels, I congradulate them.  Even if they use an emulator, you KNOW they're good. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, if the mods have something against double posting, sorry, but I had to get this off my chest and couldn't wait for someone else to post.

Anyways, who here would like the idea of both Sonic and Mario working together to take down some sort of evil force that neither could beat alone in a game?

I know that's an overused idea in fanfics these days, but it would be so cool as a game.  Heck, the idea alone would make that game have the potential to be the hottest game of the year! :^.^:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
All in favor of pokeplayer984's idea say "aye".

Aye.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I would agree only if Nintendo does most of the work.  Sega seems to have really gone to the crapper since they've gone 3D.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would agree only if Nintendo does most of the work. Sega seems to have really gone to the crapper since they've gone 3D.
Aye

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile

Aye! Sega can develop it but as long as Nintendo supervises the project it'd be awesome! Knowing Nintendo they'll delay the game as much as possible to make the game excellent.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
like the 2 year delay of twilight princess for the sole reason to make it better then ocarina of time?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Random fact of Super Mario Sunshine that I wanted to put up.

In the game of Super Mario Sunshine, it is possible to beat it with only collecting a total of 50 Shine Sprites and no blue coins.  This, along with collecting ALL the Shine Sprites, is the hardest challenge in the game.

If ANYONE wants to know just how it's possible to pull it off, don't hesitate to ask.  Because you're looking at someone who actually pulled it off, and trust me, beating it is tough enough. :blink:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Someone posted a link to this video. It's an amazing video of someone who figured out that one of the hardest levels in Super Mario World can be beaten by simply leaving the controller alone and doing nothing. It makes a once-difficult level ridiculously easy.

By the way, 10+ to whoever can figure out which version of the game this is from. I'll give you a hint, though -- it's not the US/NTSC version. ;)

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
LOL! Wow. The simplicity of it all. The only thing is I think that's from a hacked version of Super Mario World, but its still pretty cool.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Sep 12 2007 on  09:55 PM
Someone posted a link to this video. It's an amazing video of someone who figured out that one of the hardest levels in Super Mario World can be beaten by simply leaving the controller alone and doing nothing. It makes a once-difficult level ridiculously easy.

By the way, 10+ to whoever can figure out which version of the game this is from. I'll give you a hint, though -- it's not the US/NTSC version. ;)
I've seen that video before. From what I've heard it's actually a hacked fan-made stage and not an actual stage from Super Mario World. I don't remember a stage like that in Super Mario World and I played that game to death unlocking all the stages.