The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GOF Brawl Matches & Mario Kart Races

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Sup guys!

I'm so psyched about finally getting my greedy mitts on Brawl, I'm willing to start up some GOF exclusive Brawls online if anyone's interested? We can pick a time and date to meet up and bash each other stupid (virtually of course). I know there will be slight conflicts given time zone differences, but i'm willing to work around it (and my own personal timetable of course). We'll discuss times, arrange it, finalise it and then brawl! Simple and sweet as that ;)

This doesn't just have to go for Brawl...it can be for any online game. I know Mario Kart is due out in the next few days (given no further delays) so this could also work for that too.

How 'bout it?! Anyone game?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sure, I'm game!  here are some times when I am available in the coming while.

All times in my post are GMT-7:00 Mountain Time.  To compare, it was 8:33 pm here when this was posted.

Saturday April 25th: 5:30 pm to 11:00 pm (unless something comes up)
Sunday: 5:30 pm and later (unless something comes up)
Monday: 10:00 am (or earlier if needed) to 5:00 pm (very likely to be free)
Tuesday: 10:00 am (or earlier if needed) to ~5 pm (unless something comes up)
Wednesday: 5:30 pm to 11:00 pm (unless something comes up)
Thursday: 5:30 pm to 11:00 pm (unless something comes up)
Friday: 5:30 pm to 11:00 pm (unless something comes up)
Saturday May 3: 5:30 pm to 11:00 pm (unless something comes up)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I probably would like to join as well in online Brawl matches, but I'm not entirely sure. I've lost enthusiasm for the online matches due to the bad lag. I end up fighting horribly because of it.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've lost enthusiasm for the online matches due to the bad lag.
I'm going to try to *attempt* to reduce the lag on my end by hooking my wii up to a wired connection.  I know my wireless can be pretty bad for gaming.  That being said, I have had rough experiences on Brawl for lag as well.  I have only played on wireless.  I'll be picking up a 50 ft network cable hopefully tomorrow to get my wii on a wired connection.  I know it won't solve all of the problems but it should help a little bit.

I encourage anyone who has the option of going wired internet for Wii gaming, please do so. B)
Don't go out and buy stuff unless you reaaaly really want to, but if it's not difficult to plug a cable in, it may help the lag a little. :)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i've heard that the lag on Brawl can be a royal pain in the proverbial. Still, as Action suggested, a wired connection should help with that niggly pain. But also as Action has said, I'm not expecting anyone to break the bank just to get wired connectivity for this. I've played only a few online games and the lag (although present) was not unbearable. But I guess each person's connection will differ slightly.

It doesn't matter too much. It all depends on your resiliance to the lag. I didn't mind it and my wireless connection is by no means the best (no way near in fact  :lol ). Still, a few more shows of hands?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Still, as Action suggested, a wired connection should help with that niggly pain.
Unfortunately I recently realized that wiis don't come with a wired internet port!  Looks like that's someting that needs to be purchased seperately for some strange reason... :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Looks like I'm sticking with wireless.  Ahh well, lag is less of a problem in Friends matches than "Anyone" matches, according to what I'm hearing.

How about we start a list of possible participants? B)

Littlefoot1616
Action9000
Darkhououmon (maybe)

...oh, and I can't wait to show off my taunts. :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
A rapid Pika headbash makes for a good taunt. :p

(No I'm not participating in this since I'm missing the brain of the whole setup...the actual wii. :p )

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Count me in! I just bought a Wifi adapter today, so it may help in battle. :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot1616
Action9000
Darkhououmon (maybe)
KingcomKey23

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I picked up Mario Kart Wii today and I must say it has FANTASTIC multiplayer!

I'd be more than game for anyone who wanted to take me on online in Mario Kart as well as Brawl. B)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm game for both SSBB and Mario Kart! As for actuall times im available:
-Monday, Thursday: 4:00PM-6:00PM(unless something comes up)
-Tuesday, Wednesday: 4:00PM-10:00PM(unless something comes up)
-Friday: 2:30PM-10:00PM(unless something comes up)
-Saturday, Sunday: Pretty much all day
(unless something comes up)
I'm in the same time zone as Tim, GMT-7:00 Mountain Time.

[EDIT]Fixed the times im available, had the times wrong a couple of days.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
lol, maybe we should change the title to GOF Mario Kart and Brawl matches. Either that or we just create a seperate topic for Mario Kart Wii. Sadly, my week is booked, but I'll be able to play Friday through Sunday. I don't have Mario Kart Wii yet, but I plan to purchase it sometime this week.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
maybe we should change the title to GOF Mario Kart and Brawl matches

Done and done! Good call KK23! ;)

I'm gonna be playing MK online tonight (or today in most people's cases). I'll probably be in Worldwide races (need to redeem myself after a couple of racing blunders last time :bang  :^.^: ) but we can link up our own room once we all sign in!

I'll probably be on there once you guys read this. If you dont have my friend codes yet, check out the Wi-Fi thread.

Flathead, I've got you but I'm still waiting on the others. Also, I still dont have any of you on brawl yet!  :unsure: I've double checked my code and re-typed it up so that should be the right one.

Cya on there fellow gamers ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey LF1616, I'm in a MK game with ya! :D

[EDIT]...hmm, nevermind.  The moment I joined your game, you signed off WiFi... :P:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've double checked my code and re-typed it up so that should be the right one.
Ya it worked, i haven't been on Brawl much, i actually got sick of the game, played it WAY to much.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Apr 29 2008 on  04:34 PM
Hey LF1616, I'm in a MK game with ya! :D

[EDIT]...hmm, nevermind.  The moment I joined your game, you signed off WiFi... :P:
Sorry Action...I was on MK for a while and didn't see anyone. I moved onto Brawl for a bit before turning in for the night. Never mind...we'll try again sometime soon. Might not be able to link up tonight and I'm working late shifts the next couple of nights...probably be Sunday when I'll next be free to play...if anything changes I'll post up ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll try for this evening, but I'm hitting up a wing night tonight with some friends around here.  I'll be home for approx. 2 hours as of the writing of this message.

Here's Hoping!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ahh, that was some good gaming tonight LF1616! :D
Sorry I had to bail on ya.  Got a phone call to run off and get food. B)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll be on all day long tomorrow.  However, I am really into the Worldwide competition.  Get on there if you want a chance to face me.  Just look for someone named John, who is currently using Toad and has over 6000 VR points. :)

Note that once I get Toadette, I'll be using her ALL the time.  That's right, a guy will be mastering with a girl.  Got a problem with that? :)