The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite video game and why

F-14 Ace · 147 · 17366

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
B) My favorite video game of all time is Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War made by Namco.  I have always had a love for airplanes.  The graphics are beautiful andthe jets are highly detaled.  The storyline is great too.  There is a sad part of the game though.  One of the characters named Chopper gets killed half way through.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The only video game I've ever played is Smash Brothers Melee for Game Cube.  Can't really coin a favorite if I've only played one.  :lol:  That game is clean fun...no blood, no "painful" deaths, and the goal is pretty much to just knock the others off the edge.  Nobody literally dies so to speak.

I did have Mortal Kombat 3 for the PC before Windows stopped using DOS altogether and you couldn't boot to it, and that was the dark, bloody, death-fight game.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Kingdom Hearts is my favorite.  The guys at both Disney and Squaresoft really worked good together.  I can't wait for the sequal to come out in March (hopefully).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Does video game include computer games as well?
I never had a play console and did play Zelda Occarina of time only during a students exchange. I liked it though and with no other video games I ever played all through I suppose the is no way but giving Occarina of time the rare label of being "Malte's favorite" (for lack of knowledge about other possibilities).

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My favorite was Mario 64(on the old 64 system)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I could go on forever about video games but my number one at the moment is Resident Evil 4. My brother's got the Gamecube version and I've got the PS2 version. Difference? GC's Resi runs a lot smoother and graphical index is much higher. PS2 has more in the way of content. It has everything from the GC version but a special side story to play as well! Seriously not for the faint hearted tho! The amount of gore is almost sickening! :o
Not gonna go into it though...might cause offense! LOL :DD It's been rated as one of the top 10 most violent and gory games ever! Dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing really :unsure: But saying that it is also in the running for Top Game of the Year 2005! :)

Can't wait for Resi 5 on the next-gen consoles! Gonna be wickid! ;)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Any game will work as your favorite if you like it.  I just love Ace Combat 5 because of a great storyline and graphics and music.  Plus all the cool jets including my favorite, the F-14 D Tomcat.  Oh and computer games count too.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I got Ace Combat 5 too.  Just got by the mission Demons of Razgriz (haven't played the game for a few months now, so I'm sure of the spelling of the mission).

I like Ace Combat 4 a little better.  Less hassle than having to command 3 wingmen in the heat of the battle.  As for planes, my personal favorite is the A-10 Thunderbolt, but I always favor the F-22 Raptor for the game.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cool!  Hey, you can beat the submarine easily with a plane that has SOD dispencers.  I guess that you read that Chopper dies.  That part is sad.  I'll let you get to that part of the game though.  Question: How do you post pictures on here?  HELP!

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, check out this screenshot from AC5.  Notice the cool Mig-21s and great graphics.  You guys are probably getting sick of me talking about this though.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't.
I played flight simulators too for a long time (WW1 and 2 though rather than jets). So long you are not bombing LBT characters  ;)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Don't worry, I don't kill LBT characters except bad guys.  By the way, Ace Combat 5's graphics are not fuzzy like the picture.  It is just the screenshot.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
That was how I got by that.  All I did was keep to 5000 ft. and use the SOD on it.  I think the next mission is where Edge gets shot down and I would have to rescue her in the next mission.

The mission I hated the most so far was when my team and I had to do synchronized attacks on radar barriers.  Took me about a week to succeed. <_<

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just be glad you didn't get the mission where you protect the airport!  That one is a doozy!  I still have trouble.  It took me a week to beat the entire game.  Usually, I beat a game within two days, a week tops.  The only time this was different was when I played Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.  That game is HARD! By the way, there is a way to choose which mission you will do next.  Tip: There are two parts in the game when Chopper asks about a song.  your answer determins the next  mission.  When Chopper asks about the song the first time, say no and you will get Repraisle and that annoying radar mission.  Say yes and get the airport mission and that jungle mission.  the second time, say no and get Desert Lightning, my favorite mission.  Say yes and get Desert Arrow.  Trust me, it works.  I've done it loads of times.  This screen is a oicture of Chopper, my favorite character from the game.  Too bad he dies. :cry2  :cry2  :cry2  :cry2  :cry2  :cry2

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Flight sims have never really been my thing. I did like Lylat Wars for the N64 back in 1997! LOL (StarFox 64 to all those outside Europe). I'm more of an Action/Adventure player myself...with a little RPGs playing now and then LOL  :DD

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I recently played an old PS2 game called Sky Odyssey.  Graphics are alright and the background music is great.  Pretty good planes too.  I also played Star Wars Battlefront II.  I like the galactic conquest part the best.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
My favorite video game would have to be "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time", because it was just so...grand...and epic. It had a great storyline, scary villains (especially Bongo-Bongo, Shadow Link, and Ganondorf), great characters all around, and it was just so much fun. It was the game that introduced me to the fact that a game can be as epic as the Tolkien books.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I adored Zelda OOT when it first came out back in '98! I wanted it for my birthday but they were sold out since before Xmas! I never really got into Zelda until I played OOT. I fell in love with it instantly! The story is solid and enchanting, the gameplay is flawless and the action is everything you could want! Mixture of brains and brawn when it comes to the dungeons too! My fav one has to be the Forest Temple! I like the boss for that stage too!

Since then, Zelda's become one of my all time fav RPGs. Next to Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts that is! ;)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Has anyone here ever heard of a game called Sky Odyssey?  Good game.  The weather effects are good.  It is a good game for anyone who enjoys non-violent yet challenging games.  I like it because I love airplanes.  There are a lot of old WWII planes.  A lot of German planes like the Me-262, Bf-109, and 2 versons of the  Shinden.  There is also the Swordfish Mk.1 and F-117 stealth fighter.