The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Final Fantasy XIII

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey gang!

As some of you may have come to recognise by my "NOW PLAYING" tagline, I've been heavily into FF13. Just as a conversation starter, anyone obtained this title as a fan of the FF universe or otherwise? I've just hit chp11 and for those out there who haven't worked through the story so far I won't divulge plot developments.

Gotta say that Square Enix still top my ranks of graphical geniuses when it comes to games (and the occasional feature length movie). The game is as widely imaginative at it is visually stunning but as we all know, looks aren't everything. Gameplay is the normal FF formula. Run about, look at something funny, slap it about until it keels over, level up character and repeat. The dynamic battles look great coz everything is moving instead of everyone being rooted to the spot waiting for someone/something to give them a ear-clipping before retaliating accordingly. Roles return in a more modernised fashion and the switching of roles using the Paradigm (pronounced para-dime) system makes the combat malleable. A few digs with this new fight system is that you can now only control 1 character whilst the other 2 party members are AIs. They work well enough but you don't feel in complete control of your party as in previous installments. My other major grind (besides the major grinding you have to do to level up at a given point in the story) is the almost embarrassing linearity of the world roaming. You literally follow a restricted corridor with the occasional branch path just to U-turn and rejoin the main carriageway. Still, this is one low point that can be tolerated for the greatness the FF universe can developed. The HD version almost made my eyes bleed the first time I saw it and well...I've been waiting for this game for small ice age (it's seems).

Anyone else wish to express their T&Vs (thoughts and views) on this latest installment...please do so below! ;)